I can't stand KG now..

I bet you would get a decent split between NBA scouts on the KG/Duncan question. It's not as ridiculous as some of you people are making it out to be.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Fine. OK then...

Year MPG FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG

00-01 39.5 0.477 0.288 0.764 11.4 5.0 1.4 1.8 2.84 2.50 22.0
01-02 39.2 0.470 0.319 0.801 12.1 5.2 1.2 1.6 2.83 2.30 21.2
02-03 40.5 0.502 0.282 0.751 13.4 6.0 1.4 1.6 2.79 2.40 23.0
03-04 39.4 0.499 0.256 0.791 13.9 5.0 1.5 2.2 2.59 2.50 24.2

Or to simplify.. in this 4 years span, dude put up:

22pts. 11.4 rebounds 5 assists 1.4 steals 1.8 blocks in 39.5 minutes
21.... 12.1................ 5.2........... 1.2 .........1.6..................39.2
23..... 13.5.................6...............1.4...........1.6.................40.5
24..... 13.9 ................5...............1.5 ..........2.2.................39.4

This is a truly remarkable individual effort at ANY position. Look at the minutes! Straight work horse status. So without even cross examining Tim Duncan, I rest my case.

You should just edit your original statement then... Say "KG put up better individual #s than TD from 01-04"

He was NEVER in his career a better player
What? Then what the hell is the purpose of statistics? What do they measure and why? Why include them if they weren't the one objective way to compare players? So regardless of what the stats say, you feel TD was better at the time? Is that what's up? That's how we argue now? Withfeelings? Like girls? Let us be logical here. I mean, it's all personal opinion anyway so I could have said I liked KG's intensity over TD's laid back demeanor. I could havesaid I liked his style of ball more. But that's all qualitative and not quantitative. What I use to measure a player and decide if he's better than thenext guy; and what actually has universal merit in the matter, are the numbers. Period. Math is the only universallanguage.

How is "Let the numbers do the talking" ever a ridiculous argument? I'm not the one arguing, the numbers are.

Respond to that smart +%*.

What? Then what the hell is the purpose of statistics? What do they measure and why? Why include them if they weren't the one objective way to compare players? So regardless of what the stats say, you feel TD was better at the time? Is that what's up? That's how we argue now? With feelings? Like girls? Let us be logical here. I mean, it's all personal opinion anyway so I could have said I liked KG's intensity over TD's laid back demeanor. I could have said I liked his style of ball more. But that's all qualitative and not quantitative. What I use to measure a player and decide if he's better than the next guy; and what actually has universal merit in the matter, are the numbers. Period. Math is the only universal language.

laugh.gif
Are you serious?

Originally Posted by CJ003

dude is a real punk real talk. I remember last summer a bunch of NBA/D-league dudes would run at ucla open gym. I went to watch and a couple of games go by and kg shows up. as soon as he enters the door he's screaming *+@# like "this is my mother f-ing house", "yall aint got *+@# on me", etc. the funny thing is he wasnt saying this to any one person, just screaming to his self. the sad part is the gym had a bunch of kids, and kinda older people. it was really classless for him to be screaming like that in front of the kids imo.

when he gets on the court, on the first play some no name big man (prolly from the D-league) dunks in his face. he dosent say one word the rest of the game. dude had zero points, like 2 boards, and a bunch of turnovers. but his team won, and then he starts screaming again about its his house and %@%. dude is real lame

I'd believe that if I saw it...You're actually quite the lame if you think for a second that KG couldn't out play a bunch of no talent bums in apick up gym. He probably didn't give a MF about trying to out play those bums....Think about it...

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

He's good enough to do whatever he wants. Look at the Celtics D without him. He's the best defender in the game. Also was the emotional leader that got his team a ring. Good to be hated.
KG is good real good but he aint the best defender Dwight passed him up this year and some of these lebron d-riders would say lebron is better. hethe best on the celtics as we can see how bad they have this far without him down low

No, no I'm not. I just typed all of that to give you something to
laugh.gif
at.

Question, if we're comparing individuals, why would I need to say "KG put up better individual #s than TD from 01-04" . Wasn't that theoriginal claim in the first place? I'm not a fan of redundancy. Were you serious?!

I think what Dear Winter is trying to say is that being a player involves more than just stats. You will hear that many times some players do the little thingsto make their whole team better, or perform better than they could have imagined. Personally the reason why Lebron deserves MVP this year even if his statswere worse than Kobe or Dwade.

If I was building my company and I had a choice to choose KG or TD in their prime I would take TD because he gets results and he is a businessman, KG is notIMO.

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

I think what Dear Winter is trying to say is that being a player involves more than just stats. You will hear that many times some players do the little things to make their whole team better, or perform better than they could have imagined. Personally the reason why Lebron deserves MVP this year even if his stats were worse than Kobe or Dwade.

If I was building my company and I had a choice to choose KG or TD in their prime I would take TD because he gets results and he is a businessman, KG is not IMO.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Did you actually read his response? He is saying the exact opposite of what you are saying he is implying

What? Then what the hell is the purpose of statistics? What do they measure and why? Why include them if they weren't the one objective way to compare players? So regardless of what the stats say, you feel TD was better at the time? Is that what's up? That's how we argue now? With feelings? Like girls? Let us be logical here. I mean, it's all personal opinion anyway so I could have said I liked KG's intensity over TD's laid back demeanor. I could have said I liked his style of ball more. But that's all qualitative and not quantitative. What I use to measure a player and decide if he's better than the next guy; and what actually has universal merit in the matter, are the numbers. Period. Math is the only universal language.

laugh.gif
Are you serious?

Italics is vury serious
laugh.gif

I think what Dear Winter is trying to say is that being a player involves more than just stats. You will hear that many times some players do the little things to make their whole team better, or perform better than they could have imagined. Personally the reason why Lebron deserves MVP this year even if his stats were worse than Kobe or Dwade.

If I was building my company and I had a choice to choose KG or TD in their prime I would take TD because he gets results and he is a businessman, KG is not IMO.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Did you actually read his response? He is saying the exact opposite of what you are saying he is implying
I read his response after I wrote that. So he wasn't trying to say that. I will let him speak for himself in the future.

As for me my comment stands.

Nope. What I was saying was that everything except stats is subjective. For example, I like penetration and dunking(no
grin.gif
) way more than shooting, but you can't tell me there's an objective way to say that Josh Smith isbetter than Ray Allen. It's just not true, even though I like Smith's game WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more. So instead ofgetting into a squabble over who likes what more, show me the numbers. I can SHOW you that Ray is a better player,even though I might not care for how he produces. So yeah, I like KG's game more than TD. I always have and will.But TD is more probably effective now than KG is (and was clearly more effective in his first few years compared to KG's), but for those 4 years I postedstats for, I believe the numbers show that KG was more effective.

dude is one of the most overrated players in nba history. and all his "emotion" on the court is a fraud.

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
Are you serious?

Italics is vury serious
laugh.gif
Italics are used for special emphasis. What did you learn in 2nd grade?

How is "Let the numbers do the talking" ever a ridiculous argument? I'm not the one arguing, the numbers are.

Since you love numbers and stats so much how about these?

Duncan: 4 rings
Garnett: 1 ring

No, no I'm not. I just typed all of that to give you something to
laugh.gif
at.

Question, if we're comparing individuals, why would I need to say "KG put up better individual #s than TD from 01-04" . Wasn't that the original claim in the first place? I'm not a fan of redundancy. Were you serious?!

Jerry Stackhouse averaged about 30 in 00-01? Would you say that he was a better player than Kobe in that season? I mean, the Lakers should have been able tostill win the title if they swapped Stack with Kobe that season.. According to your logic, you know, since numbers tell it all.

roll.gif
Garnett didn't put up better numbers than Duncan from 01-04. Didyou even look at Duncan's numbers during this time span? If anything, their numbers are similar across the board, with both players excelling in differentareas.
Duncan's avgs during this time span.
YEARS PPG REB ASST BLKS
00-01 22.2 12.2 3.0 2.3
01-02 25.5 12.7 3.7 2.5
02-03 23.3 12.9 3.9 2.9
03-04 22.3 12.5 3.1 2.7

Also, Duncan won back to back MVP's in 02 and 03, as well as an NBA championship in 03. And let's not even talk about comparing Duncan andGarnett's playoff numbers and success during this time period.

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
Are you serious?

Italics is vury serious
laugh.gif
Italics are used for special emphasis. What did you learn in 2nd grade?

I'm just messing with you man take it easy, even though I don't agree with your #'s argument.

Originally Posted by MBen32

oh yeah, another thing..i understand we hate KG and everything, but please stop with the "i will beat his +*@" "i will like to beat his +*@"

Please Stop.

We all know KG would !%%@ one of y'all up
laugh.gif

THANK YOU.

Originally Posted by dn0774

Since you love numbers and stats so much how about these?

Duncan: 4 rings
Garnett: 1 ring
Correction:
Spurs: 4 rings
Celtics: Do I have to go there?

Championships go to the whole team, not the star players.

Look man, I'ma help you out. I'm a lakers fan. If you're gonna try to "hurt my feelings" when you run out of counter points, at least saysomething I actually care about. Try a rape joke next time or something.

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

dude is one of the most overrated players in nba history. and all his "emotion" on the court is a fraud.
Thanks for showing your great basketball knowledge. I'm sure you would not get laughed at if you said that in a room full of gm's/scouts.

Back
Top Bottom