I need honest opinions from a guys point of view please...

Originally Posted by sillyputty

How old are you? We are both 30

What are you both doing with your lives? (school, working, etc) both working ft in our own careers

what was the argument over? I had a ongoing family problem that I've mentioned to him once before and his reaction (or lack there of) was what cause the argument, I know it's silly

do you live together? basically, if I'm not at his place he is at mine

are you attracted to anyone else? No

have either of you cheated? No

Why are you together? Convenience? Is this guy the one? I feel he is the one, we've been friends for years before dating nothing to do with convenience

What have you done for him lately? (i'm serious) I do all the typical things, I cook, clean etc... If I'm in a store and I see something he needs or would like I get it for him... without getting into details I'm pretty sure he has nothing to complain about in the bedroom... I can't get him flowers obviously so I' get other things that I know he would like or make him the meals he enjoys, I don't know I do little things that are probably nothing really but I know it would make him happy so I do it

Whats his personality? Does he talk to a lot of girls? Is he to himself? He's to himself, we spend most evenings playing PS3 and working out together
embarassed.gif

What he does is more important than what he says though so keep this in mind.
Does he ever feel that you might leave him? Unless he cheats? No

Do you please him? I do believe so

What are all the intangibles you're neglecting to comment on? Can you be more specific pls?
BTW, its sad but its true. They say the person who cares the least is usually in control of the relationship... so...
grin.gif

Advise:  The fastest way to end a relationship is to talk about your problems with others.

Speak with him on it.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Advise:  The fastest way to end a relationship is to talk about your problems with others.

Speak with him on it.  
Completely agree and I plan on it tonight... and I know everybody is different, just wanted to see what other males opinion are on this is in general before I do

Thanks to those who have given me genuine replies... we are happy for the most part, a few silly arguments but other then that everything is good so maybe I should just suck it up, It's not the end of the world, I don't NEED flowers or anything like that, like I said it would just be nice once in a while
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by abutta13

damn maybe i had something bigger planned for u than just some flowers that will die in a week. but now that u wanna put me on blast on the internet youre never gonna find out.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

If he generally treats you well, I don't think it's right to complain about not getting material things. I'm super happy in my relationship and don't find any of that stuff's really necessary. We've been together over a year and I've gotten flowers once. And it was a really sweet, pleasant surprise. He treats me super well, supports me in everything I do, and only has eyes for me. Not much else I can ask for. 
Maybe try being happy with what you do have instead of what you think you should have. If you guys are young, maybe he can't afford dinners out and flowers all the time. Just some thoughts.  

Originally Posted by Galvelocity

If he generally treats you well, I don't think it's right to complain about not getting material things. I'm super happy in my relationship and don't find any of that stuff's really necessary. We've been together over a year and I've gotten flowers once. And it was a really sweet, pleasant surprise. He treats me super well, supports me in everything I do, and only has eyes for me. Not much else I can ask for. 
Maybe try being happy with what you do have instead of what you think you should have. If you guys are young, maybe he can't afford dinners out and flowers all the time. Just some thoughts.  
See that's the thing, I am really happy with him and it's just recently this has even started bothering me.... it's not so much material things I'm talking about, I said flowers in my post as an example but I also mean stupid little things like text/tell me "I love you" randomly or other cheesy things like that
embarassed.gif
... and maybe I need to do more to, I don't know. I'm not saying I'm perfect... I will talk to him about it and see what happens

Originally Posted by jus4lafs

Originally Posted by Galvelocity

See that's the thing, I am really happy with him and it's just recently this has even started bothering me.... it's not so much material things I'm talking about, I said flowers in my post as an example but I also mean stupid little things like text/tell me "I love you" randomly or other cheesy things like that
embarassed.gif
... and maybe I need to do more to, I don't know. I'm not saying I'm perfect... I will talk to him about it and see what happens

That's definitely the best thing to do. In my experience, 99% of the time that your dude is doing something that bothers you or makes you feel like he's checking out of the relationship, he genuinely has no idea what's going on. Usually if you bring it up he'll be like wow I had no idea I was doing that, sorry. It's exactly like that picture about the motorcycle
laugh.gif

yo your getting borderline clingy...if you feel your gonna be this way or this is the way you are then just dump the kid and get a guy thats as clingy as you.

You girls are weird...your basically friendzoning everyone thats giving you advice in this thread by telling us your problem but your secretly attracted to how this dude doesn't bother with getting mushy with you.

Stop posting and go handle your biz...

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

yo your getting borderline clingy...if you feel your gonna be this way or this is the way you are then just dump the kid and get a guy thats as clingy as you.

You girls are weird...your basically friendzoning everyone thats giving you advice in this thread by telling us your problem but your secretly attracted to how this dude doesn't bother with getting mushy with you.

Stop posting and go handle your biz...

Wut? That's what you got from my posts? Sorry you feel that way
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom