iPhone: Post everything here

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

anyone selling their old iphone?
nerd.gif

pm me with your price
still debating gota ask the wifey if she will pay the extra data fee because she pays my phone bill
pimp.gif

the restore bar is movin super slow but my phone is straight black like its turned off. I dont want to unplug it though

when i get back home i will do this....
yeah i'm a girl... not everyone on here is a dude fam
wink.gif

umm, that shirt is made by obey... you can copp them at urban outfitters... i got a dope one with baracks face and it says barack and roll...
smokin.gif

off topic... but hey....

i still wanna see peoples pics of the 3g

are these not being sold at att stores?

long lines at apple stores so i decided to drive by some att stores and no ones there.

att stores not selling em? or are they sold out?

Tice's Corner in Woodcliff Lake NJ has to the best Apple store I have ever been to.

Got there at 7:45 a.m and was about 175 to 200 at the end of the line. with the delay due to the servers crashing, I would of been out sooner but got out atabout 2:15 p.m.

They gave us water, Ice Tea, and because we were bothersome with the workers walking up and down the line about Iphone T-shirts, they went in the back and gaveus all Leopard t-shirts they had in the back. Great people online as well. Everyone held each others spots for bathroom breaks and to make runs to the panerabread that was down the strip mall.

Got my 16gb and it is awesome.

Hope everyone got theirs.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Tice's Corner in Woodcliff Lake NJ has to the best Apple store I have ever been to.

Got there at 7:45 a.m and was about 175 to 200 at the end of the line. with the delay due to the servers crashing, I would of been out sooner but got out at about 2:15 p.m.

They gave us water, Ice Tea, and because we were bothersome with the workers walking up and down the line about Iphone T-shirts, they went in the back and gave us all Leopard t-shirts they had in the back. Great people online as well. Everyone held each others spots for bathroom breaks and to make runs to the panera bread that was down the strip mall.

Got my 16gb and it is awesome.

Hope everyone got theirs.

thats a long wait, i stopped by a couple of att and apple stores around my area, the line at apple was too long for me and att were sold out, ill get minetomorow

Originally Posted by hella handsome

mine just did that to me aswell when i tried to download and install this game
smh.gif

ima try and find out what it is
i think it may be because you need to enable i tunes store on your comp ima try that..... nope that didnt work anyone?????

yeah thats prolly what it is, thanks for the heads up. ima try it.

and heres something for the ones who are interested in the 3g speeds

What about where 3G works? The iPhone's performance appears to vary considerably from location to location. In our East Amherst, New York office, the results of two different web site iPhone speed tests placed the iPhone and iPhone 3G at very comparable speeds even though the iPhone 3G was on the more expensive, newer 3G network. We saw a speed of 172kbps for the iPhone and 175kbps for the iPhone 3G, with another site showing 106.7kbps versus 106.8kbps-basically no real difference. Then we tried a third site, and saw the iPhone 3G receive a 3G network speed slower than the EDGE one. Shocked by these numbers, we tried to load four different web sites on each device at the same time, and came up with the following results:

CNN: iPhone 3G - 1 Minute 49 seconds, iPhone - 2 minutes 4 seconds. iPhone 3G was 14% faster.
Apple.com: iPhone 3G - 29 seconds, iPhone - 36 seconds. iPhone 3G was 24% faster.
iLounge: iPhone 3G - 52 Seconds, iPhone - 1 minute 6 seconds. iPhone 3G was 27% faster.
iHomeaudio.com: iPhone 3G - 38 seconds, iPhone - 53 seconds. iPhone 3G was 39% faster.

Overall, the average speed difference we saw across these four sites was an improvement of only 26%. Notably, both our iPhone and iPhone 3G are showing two or three bars of signal strength, and it is quite possible that bigger gains are evident when 3G signal strength is higher; then again, it is possible that a stronger 2G signal could be of similar benefit. For reference, we also ran tests using the iPhone 3G's Wi-Fi mode, which was several seconds faster at rendering web pages than the original iPhone's Wi-Fi, for whatever reason. Here are those results.

CNN: iPhone 3G - 1 Minute 49 seconds, iPhone 3G Wi-Fi - 30 seconds. Wi-Fi was 363% faster than our 3G result.
Apple.com: iPhone 3G - 29 seconds, iPhone 3G Wi-Fi - 10 seconds. Wi-Fi was 290% faster than our 3G result.
iLounge: iPhone 3G - 52 Seconds, iPhone 3G Wi-Fi - 22 seconds. Wi-Fi was 236% faster than our 3G result.
iHomeaudio.com: iPhone 3G - 38 seconds, iPhone 3G Wi-Fi - 5 seconds. Wi-Fi was 760% faster than our 3G result.

On average, Wi-Fi offered 4 times the speed of the 3G connection here. We are running tests elsewhere in the U.S. and Canada, and will try elsewhere in Western New York, and will report the results when we have them. Our suspicion is that the numbers will vary considerably from place to place, depending on the location and quality of 3G network towers.

More details to come shortly…

the edge iphone isnt that slow compared to 3g.

heres the whole comparison link-
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ne...ne-3g-vs-iphone-comparison-test-results-here/

Originally Posted by hella handsome

yeah thats prolly what it is, thanks for the heads up. ima try it.

and heres something for the ones who are interested in the 3g speeds

What about where 3G works? The iPhone's performance appears to vary considerably from location to location. In our East Amherst, New York office, the results of two different web site iPhone speed tests placed the iPhone and iPhone 3G at very comparable speeds even though the iPhone 3G was on the more expensive, newer 3G network. We saw a speed of 172kbps for the iPhone and 175kbps for the iPhone 3G, with another site showing 106.7kbps versus 106.8kbps-basically no real difference. Then we tried a third site, and saw the iPhone 3G receive a 3G network speed slower than the EDGE one. Shocked by these numbers, we tried to load four different web sites on each device at the same time, and came up with the following results:

CNN: iPhone 3G - 1 Minute 49 seconds, iPhone - 2 minutes 4 seconds. iPhone 3G was 14% faster.
Apple.com: iPhone 3G - 29 seconds, iPhone - 36 seconds. iPhone 3G was 24% faster.
iLounge: iPhone 3G - 52 Seconds, iPhone - 1 minute 6 seconds. iPhone 3G was 27% faster.
iHomeaudio.com: iPhone 3G - 38 seconds, iPhone - 53 seconds. iPhone 3G was 39% faster.

Overall, the average speed difference we saw across these four sites was an improvement of only 26%. Notably, both our iPhone and iPhone 3G are showing two or three bars of signal strength, and it is quite possible that bigger gains are evident when 3G signal strength is higher; then again, it is possible that a stronger 2G signal could be of similar benefit. For reference, we also ran tests using the iPhone 3G's Wi-Fi mode, which was several seconds faster at rendering web pages than the original iPhone's Wi-Fi, for whatever reason. Here are those results.

CNN: iPhone 3G - 1 Minute 49 seconds, iPhone 3G Wi-Fi - 30 seconds. Wi-Fi was 363% faster than our 3G result.
Apple.com: iPhone 3G - 29 seconds, iPhone 3G Wi-Fi - 10 seconds. Wi-Fi was 290% faster than our 3G result.
iLounge: iPhone 3G - 52 Seconds, iPhone 3G Wi-Fi - 22 seconds. Wi-Fi was 236% faster than our 3G result.
iHomeaudio.com: iPhone 3G - 38 seconds, iPhone 3G Wi-Fi - 5 seconds. Wi-Fi was 760% faster than our 3G result.

On average, Wi-Fi offered 4 times the speed of the 3G connection here. We are running tests elsewhere in the U.S. and Canada, and will try elsewhere in Western New York, and will report the results when we have them. Our suspicion is that the numbers will vary considerably from place to place, depending on the location and quality of 3G network towers.

More details to come shortly…
the edge iphone isnt that slow compared to 3g.

heres the whole comparison link-
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ne...ne-3g-vs-iphone-comparison-test-results-here/

wonder y it was so much faster on wi-fi? thats not a reason to go crazy at all imo i never use a wifi connection

suckafreerey wrote:
are these not being sold at att stores?

long lines at apple stores so i decided to drive by some att stores and no ones there.

att stores not selling em? or are they sold out?

I went to 2 stores that were sold out, and you couldn't tell that today was the release day.

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

when i get back home i will do this....
yeah i'm a girl... not everyone on here is a dude fam
wink.gif

umm, that shirt is made by obey... you can copp them at urban outfitters... i got a dope one with baracks face and it says barack and roll...
smokin.gif

off topic... but hey....

i still wanna see peoples pics of the 3g

Wait...you're a girl!?!?!?
eek.gif

I miss you...
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
embarassed.gif

P.S. I like that white case you put on it.

Back
Top Bottom