Is *this* where you thought you'd be? Vol. Coulda/Woulda/Shoulda

Definitely not. I mean no regrets that I have my own family, and a job. I did finish college (have BS in Networking, wish I'm wokring in that field) andhaving 2 kids and a loving wife is great, job pays the bill. But I could've/should've done better back then and I'd be a nurse or better yet adoctor (all the time I spent in school/college).

Oh, I don't necessarily/literally mean 5/10 years I know the majority of the board is younger. Yall know what I mean
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

I figured I would at least be working within my field of choice which is Radio/TV/Film. I graduated in May...stalled for about a year on finishing up because I felt like I wasn't ready for the real world and the economy was +!*#$!.

The +!*#$! up thing is that I WAS just offered a position to be a Promotional Assistant for Radio One here in Indy where I did my internship my final semester. Once my driving record went through...wrap. Too many points on my license....which meant I couldn't drive the station vehicles which meant no hire.

Sometimes, I was dead guilty but I slowed way down once I got older...but cops gave me no kind of leeway when they pulled me over. It was like...auto-ticket even if I'm going 5 mph over the speed limit. I was passing a semi one time to get off an exit before I passed it. Sped up for like 5 seconds and got pulled up the next light AFTER I got off. !!$!*!%$. 2 other times, I was going through this small @*@ town which changes from 35 to 45 to 55 within 100 meters of each other...if that. I see the 55 right ahead and get pulled over for going 47 in a 35. I had 5% tint too so cops just loved singling me out. I wouldn't get pulled over for tint but it's like...they could get away with giving me petty speeding tickets due to my record. No point in contesting.

So now, I work at Pitney Bowes Government Solutions...ON CALL. I get work when we receive drops of new coins or collector's items. PBGS is with the U.S. Mint and Department of Treasury. I get paid 14.30/hr but I work 8-5 a.m...and sometimes 6-5 a.m...like tonight. I put in 53 hours this week so I'm getting 13 hours of overtime at 21.45/hr.

REGARDLESS, this is not anything I want to do. I tape and throw boxes all day or process orders. I'm a college grad and I'm doing +%%@ alongside HSers and country looking folk. The +%%@ is mad frustrating...but I guess I should be happy that I have a job. I can't do this forever though...real talk.

Night shift sucks @*@. When I'm at work, everyone is out doing whatever with whomever and then sleep. When I'm off, everyone is sleep or getting up for work. So while I'm sleep, no one is really available either. Damn near depressing because I don't talk to a lot of people anymore. I don't even talk to my co-workers like that because I don't want to be there. Me and my girl having problems...probably due to me never being around.

I hope something comes around.

I hear you about the driving record thing...
smh.gif

Everything will get better soon and fall into place though.

im only 20 but im satisfied about where i am right now

the only thing i can think of is i wish i didnt spend so much money on all those damn throwback jerseys when i was 15
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Weekend Girl

I also wish I didn't move here. I feel like I'm 3-4 years behind just because of it. %$!%.

So Canada sucks?

tired.gif
HELL NO this is not where I thought I'd be yrs ago. If I could goback...

-I would of played football in hs
-I would of worked while in hs
-attended more social events like prom and homecoming
-been more serious about my grades
-told a certain someone how I really felt about her before it was too late

honestly 5yrs ago I wasn't sure I would be alive 5yrs later

The problem with all the things that happened is simply this: I didn't know anything else. i didn't know how important AP's and GPA were in HS bcmy teachers didn't give a +!#$. i didn't know that my untreated ADD would ruin/hinder my social progress... i didn't know a lot of things... andlike they say, hindsight is 20/20. So all you can really do is say what can i do, not what if...

and the worst thing that happened was out of my hands. Applied as a transfer to UPenn wharton...got in... my adviser at my current school *%$%!! my @@+$ up andlong story short I got defaulted (basically rejected after being accepted)... my life would be so much different if things that were out of my hands went right
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Lrrr

I also wish I didn't move here. I feel like I'm 3-4 years behind just because of it. %$!%.

So Canada sucks?

i hope not? i wanna visit toronto really bad...even pre-Drake buzz
laugh.gif

Come to think of it if my mother would have given me a basketball instead of a piano 10 years ago I would be getting speeding tickets in my Murcielago insteadof my Altima.

$+#$
smh.gif

Just tweak a few things here and there when I got in trouble.

Take most of the opportunities presented to me and not be in certain places at the wrong time.

Smash more broads I guess?
laugh.gif

I can't time travel now and I aint working towards it so I try not to dwell on the past too much. Just living life moment by moment.

I never made long terms plans so I never predicted my state of being 5 or 10 years from now. I was the kid that when you asked me what I wanted to be when Igrow up I'd respond like a smart !*% with something like "$%%+% I am grown!" The future is unknown for me, I like it like that. Beats having abunch of expectations and none of them coming to fruition.

I actually never thought i would be in college 5 years ago.

I would change some of my choices as far as my school and what i want to do. I lately have realized that money means nothing to me, and that family and friendsare more important. At the end of the day i question what im trying to do so much, because i rather be happy with a family, rather then ballin and miserable.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

I can't believe where I am right now. Never in a million years did I think it would happen.

If I could go back and change one thing.....when I was living in DC in between college and law school this pretty hot black chick was all over me at some rave type club.

We ended up hanging out and I had her back at my house, in my room, and I did nothing with her. What a sucker.

Now I'm married with a kid and another on the way and will never have a chance to be with a black chick....god damnit!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Lrrr wrote:

Weekend Girl wrote:

So Canada sucks?

laugh.gif

Naw, Toronto aint bad at all I just *@+##+ up my personal situation.

Its a beautiful city (in the spring/summer... winter, not so much) you should come up!

5 years ago I was 14. Thought I'd know by now what I want to be. The thing is I don't know. And I have absolutely no idea and I've never felt thislost in life before
frown.gif

I'm kinda where I thought I'd be though (in school).

Lrrr wrote:

Weekend Girl wrote:

So Canada sucks?

laugh.gif

Its a beautiful city (in the spring/summer... winter, not so much) you should come up!

i really want to...guess i'l l wait till next spring...i wouldn't mind moving up there...

i have this dream to just move to a city i've never been to and just live there for a few years...Chicago is that city right now...

"you can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've,would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the $@$@ on"

Ill go back to my freshman year of high school which was 4 years ago. Damn, I should of done my school work and payed attentionn I could of probally gone tosate college instead of a damn community one.

Wow, I've been reading some of yall stories and its amazing how I'm in my senior year of high school and I'm barely passsing a month in
smh.gif
Iremember back in Grade 9 I actually came home did work finished that year with a 90% average last year I had a 60
sick.gif
this year ain't no different I'm tryin to do better but I just can'tfocus
smh.gif

Nope - when I was 17 I knew I was going to college and do ROTC, and that's about it. If you would have told me I would have somehow done as well as I didin school and ROTC and found myself at the law school I'm at, I would have just laughed.

Would I have changed anything? Just the female situation, meh...if I only knew then what I do now. Other than that, things are falling into place.

Lrrr wrote:

Weekend Girl wrote:

So Canada sucks?

laugh.gif

eh.gif

Ight.. To answer the question, no. This is not where I thought I'd be five years ago.

Five years ago, I was about to graduate high school and I knew I'd go straight to college, do my thing and have a career by now.... Right... I mean, Ikinda regret messing around for so long, but then again, I dont. When I graduated from High School, I wasnt really sure what I wanted to do as a career. Ithought I wanted to be a commercial pilot, but I lost intrest in that mad quick. People always told me that I should go into the IT field because I'vealways been natrually good at it, but I just wasnt feeling like doing that for a living in high school.. I finally came to my senses and realized that I needto though. So I'm doin my thing now, and I'm gonna write down some goals for myself as far as where I need to be and what I need to do to get there.I'm a huge procrastinator, so I'll see how that goes.. I'ma make %!#$ work though.

Everybody who isnt where they want to be should check in here and do an update in a year. Could be interesting...

Definitely didn't expect to be at the college Im at right now. Never, ever considered it when I was younger. Thats about it. I've slacked off my entirelife in pretty much every way, but I've always gotten by better than the next guy. I'm still trying to change that.

Back
Top Bottom