Lil Wayne : "Flat Out, I Don't like NY"

just like everyone else said, NY thinks they run everything. when death row was comin up you had that Snoop speech at the Source and now the South is on (and has been for a minute) and they still bash us. It's not even about JUST the South. They act like they have to be loved and honored by everyone. The worst part is the dudes who actually started it in NY, or who were actually there, aren't the ones doing the bashing. :rolleyes

Like when Outkast was at the The Source awards getting booed back in 95...like I never understood that ****.

Same with the Snoop situation when clearly Biggie and Puff bit off **** from Doggystle to make Ready to Die.

Nobody in NY was doing gangster music before the west coast did it...that's pretty much a fact.

"All of a sudden we got crips and bloods..."

The senator is a dumb*** for even paying attention to Wayne, It's not that serious, Seems like dude got butthurt for Wayne's comment, He's even asking for an apology? C'mon my *****. Dude is making himself look like a clown. :stoneface: :lol: :rofl: :smh:

i just don't get how all these NY radio stations play all this south music but not their own artists. the game's all backwards, and payola definitely plays a role. if an artist doesn't mess with NY his music shouldn't get played all over the airwaves

payola doesnt play a role... ny artists arent making radio friendly music... simple as that

If you think payola doesn't play a role then you got life all wrong because it is well and alive in the radio biz period!

i just don't get how all these NY radio stations play all this south music but not their own artists. the game's all backwards, and payola definitely plays a role. if an artist doesn't mess with NY his music shouldn't get played all over the airwaves

Because the southern music on radio sounds better than that trash NY is dropping. That's just real ish. I don't know why or when it happened but NY's rap scene of new rappers have just became stale and unoriginal. When the South moved away from "club music" and started crafting out rappers who are focusing more on lyricism(Krit, J. Cole, Currensy, etc.) it seems like NY has offered nothing to the rap game in regards to new blood. Just no new cats really doing it. It seems the South and the West have grown but East has just stayed stagnant or worse.

lol now theres a video on wshh of baby saying he dont like new york either.
roll.gif

Last edited:
This is what I don't understand about New Yorkers... Yall dudes flat out refused to play this man's music during his rise. Its BEEN stated that during his Tha Carter album when "Go DJ" and "Tha Fireman" songs were in HEAVY rotation, NY was the ONLY state to refuse to play the song on local hip hop stations. Why? Who knows its NY.

Dude doesn't like that wack *** state. I don't blame him. But why get all butt-hurt about it?

^^^^^Not only that but they took a year of his life away. :lol: How anyone is shocked or surprised Wayne feels this way is mind boggling to me. Like I stated on the previous page, I don't think Wayne has a problem with you guys that are getting butt hurt. He's pissed off at the politics. He's pissed off about the judicial system that locked him up. He's pissed about radio stations not playing his music. I get it.

lol no one likes new york. not even people who live there. That place is full of hate.

Wayne ****** sucks tho, what's so appealing about this druggy? it's been listed that his music made kids in school dumb :lol:

Like when Outkast was at the The Source awards getting booed back in 95...like I never understood that ****.
Same with the Snoop situation when clearly Biggie and Puff bit off **** from Doggystle to make Ready to Die.
Nobody in NY was doing gangster music before the west coast did it...that's pretty much a fact.
"All of a sudden we got crips and bloods..."
Kool G Rap been putting out this type of music since day one. 

That  Outkast situation  I could not understand either.

Kool G Rap been putting out this type of music since day one. 

That  Outkast situation  I could not understand either.
When NWA dropped in 88 nobody was doing music like that on the East Coast...

Same when Cube dropped AmerKKKa's most wanted...name a rapper on the east coast before NWA and Cube who was politically conscious and also telling about tales from the hood?

Who was saying **** tha police before the west coast did it? What rapper on the east was rapping about gang life and hood horrors before Ice T did it on Rhyme Pays?

Kool G Rap's first album Road to Riches was nothing like anything you heard on the west coast, he might of told you he was on the corner selling rocks, but that was nothing compared to the way NWA, Ice-T, and the west coast did it.

Because the southern music on radio sounds better than that trash NY is dropping. That's just real ish. I don't know why or when it happened but NY's rap scene of new rappers have just became stale and unoriginal. When the South moved away from "club music" and started crafting out rappers who are focusing more on lyricism(Krit, J. Cole, Currensy, etc.) it seems like NY has offered nothing to the rap game in regards to new blood. Just no new cats really doing it. It seems the South and the West have grown but East has just stayed stagnant or worse.

But none of them get played on NY stations besides J. cole... :rolleyes

All I hear on hot 97 is ross drake french and other ignorant crap

I'm from NYC and if i turned on the radio to hear all J cole, Curren$y, and some krit with a mix of the "trash" (real lyricism) coming from NY, I'd be a happy camper.

So then take that NYY logo bite off the back of your cd's and from around your neck.
Son took his bar structure, profession, and clothing style from a city he doesnt like.
Wayne is a clown.

Oh, and when a State Senator wants an apology from Wayne? 

Get out of here with that. Clown. 

When NWA dropped in 88 nobody was doing music like that on the East Coast...

Same when Cube dropped AmerKKKa's most wanted...name a rapper on the east coast before NWA and Cube who was politically conscious and also telling about tales from the hood?

Who was saying **** tha police before the west coast did it? What rapper on the east was rapping about gang life and hood horrors before Ice T did it on Rhyme Pays?

Kool G Rap's first album Road to Riches was nothing like anything you heard on the west coast, he might of told you he was on the corner selling rocks, but that was nothing compared to the way NWA, Ice-T, and the west coast did it.

Why would anyone on the east rap about gang life when that wasn't the culture out there. As far as "politically conscious and tale from the hood" check PE, Just Ice, phillie's Schooly D(who's song PSK is considered the first gangsta rap record) and even The Hilltop Hustlas(Cool C, Steady B etc.) or even King Sun who was rumored to have penned a good portion of AMW, which was almost entirely produced by The Bomb Squad.

Your right about nothing comparing to NWA or Ice T, but they were not the first.

Back
Top Bottom