Living without a cell phone...vol. smart or dumb

Well... if you've ever worked in IT or any industry that requires you be available 24/7... what i would give to throw away my cell phone.

I say go for it.

Well... if you've ever worked in IT or any industry that requires you be available 24/7... what i would give to throw away my cell phone.

I say go for it.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by Though

OP trying to be a hero.

laugh.gif

I just think it would be a fun challenge.  Kind of force me into situations i wouldn't otherwise be in. 

You want a challenge? Try to survive in the wilerness for a week with nothing but the clothes on your back.
Getting rid of a cell phone though? Thats just ehhhhh. Many of poor people are forced to do that every day of their lives.

The thing about making this conscious decision to delete your facebook and get rid of your cell phone...it implies something. It tells me that more than likely you got to a point where you let fb and a phone consume you. You became everything you saw in other people that you didnt want to be. You caught yourself and now youre trying to fall back.
Thing is all of this could be done without having to give them up.

OP trying to be a hero.

laugh.gif

I just think it would be a fun challenge.  Kind of force me into situations i wouldn't otherwise be in. 

You want a challenge? Try to survive in the wilerness for a week with nothing but the clothes on your back.
Getting rid of a cell phone though? Thats just ehhhhh. Many of poor people are forced to do that every day of their lives.

The thing about making this conscious decision to delete your facebook and get rid of your cell phone...it implies something. It tells me that more than likely you got to a point where you let fb and a phone consume you. You became everything you saw in other people that you didnt want to be. You caught yourself and now youre trying to fall back.
Thing is all of this could be done without having to give them up.

just go to a corner store and get a pre paid joint stock it with minutes for emergency calls

but times without a cell phone is great. more creativity (reading etc) in your spare time

just go to a corner store and get a pre paid joint stock it with minutes for emergency calls

but times without a cell phone is great. more creativity (reading etc) in your spare time

I've done this before, had no phone for almost a year, its easy until you really need it, that alone makes it not worth it. Than after I got a pre paid virgin mobile just to make phone calls in emergencies. It made it much easier.

I've done this before, had no phone for almost a year, its easy until you really need it, that alone makes it not worth it. Than after I got a pre paid virgin mobile just to make phone calls in emergencies. It made it much easier.

why live without a cell phone?

why not have a cell and not give your number out to everyone? you never know what kind of emergencies may come up and you just may need a cell.

why live without a cell phone?

why not have a cell and not give your number out to everyone? you never know what kind of emergencies may come up and you just may need a cell.

I read a yahoo headline article about the trend of a lot of business professionals getting rid of their cell phone( Tavis Smiley was one mentioned in the article). It's a whip for real giving people constant access to you all the time. Esp if you have a job tied into your phone.

A lot of people are deciding to ditch their cell phones and android tech ( word to surrogates). All the addicts will soon be given a chance to live a complete android/human interface life soon though so. I guess this is the beginning of the polarization on the issue.

I read a yahoo headline article about the trend of a lot of business professionals getting rid of their cell phone( Tavis Smiley was one mentioned in the article). It's a whip for real giving people constant access to you all the time. Esp if you have a job tied into your phone.

A lot of people are deciding to ditch their cell phones and android tech ( word to surrogates). All the addicts will soon be given a chance to live a complete android/human interface life soon though so. I guess this is the beginning of the polarization on the issue.

Like i sit around with friends and half of them are texting other people.  It's like people have forgotten to live in the present.

that is true

Like i sit around with friends and half of them are texting other people.  It's like people have forgotten to live in the present.

that is true

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Unless you are livin at home and have a house phone that's just really dumb.
Even then, I would rather have a cellphone than a house phone
laugh.gif

Why not go with the prepaid phones? Only make calls when you really need to.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Unless you are livin at home and have a house phone that's just really dumb.
Even then, I would rather have a cellphone than a house phone
laugh.gif

Why not go with the prepaid phones? Only make calls when you really need to.

Originally Posted by Diego

OP trying to be a hero.

laugh.gif

Where's that at?

Back
Top Bottom