Living without a cell phone...vol. smart or dumb

If you feel like that OP..then go for it..it is your life..you still got plenty of time between aug-feb..if you decided to change your mind..

The good thing about this challenge..if you decide to go through with it..is that you can always buy a phone(if you feel that it is truly necessary in your life)

Good luck w/ your challenge.(If you decide to go through with it)

#You did make a good point:
Jking0821 wrote:
I feel like all the social technology makes people anti social. Like i sit around with friends and half of them are texting other people.  It's like people have forgotten to live in the present.

If you feel like that OP..then go for it..it is your life..you still got plenty of time between aug-feb..if you decided to change your mind..

The good thing about this challenge..if you decide to go through with it..is that you can always buy a phone(if you feel that it is truly necessary in your life)

Good luck w/ your challenge.(If you decide to go through with it)

#You did make a good point:
Jking0821 wrote:
I feel like all the social technology makes people anti social. Like i sit around with friends and half of them are texting other people.  It's like people have forgotten to live in the present.

Smart depending on where you live and your relationship with family and friends. I've also thought about regressing to the 90s. Thing is I don't want to bother writing down #s and memorizing them again.

Smart depending on where you live and your relationship with family and friends. I've also thought about regressing to the 90s. Thing is I don't want to bother writing down #s and memorizing them again.

I really only have a phone so I can use the internet anywhere. Otherwise I really don't call people. I'm more of a face to face type of person word to Paulie.

I really only have a phone so I can use the internet anywhere. Otherwise I really don't call people. I'm more of a face to face type of person word to Paulie.

Originally Posted by airforce416

been doing this for a week now, i sort of miss it but honestly im doing quite alright without it + it means a little extra $ saved in my pocket

offtopic but op whos the girl in your avy? i know shes a yorn star but i forget her name

Originally Posted by airforce416

been doing this for a week now, i sort of miss it but honestly im doing quite alright without it + it means a little extra $ saved in my pocket

offtopic but op whos the girl in your avy? i know shes a yorn star but i forget her name

I wouldn't be able to do it.

My job pays for my bill, so I have to have my phone by my side always.  Even before that, I would hate leaving the house with out my phone.

A close friend of mine decided to go this route back in 2004.  It's a pain in the %%% trying to reach him.  His reason's are that he doesn't need one and that if he does it would get him in major trouble with his girlfriend (He has a full roster, afraid to get caught
laugh.gif
).  The funny thing is that every Christmas/New Years he gives the "we don't hang out as much" speech.  It's hard to reach him, especially when trying to do things on the fly.  I communicate a lot via text, it's quick and easy and I don't have to answer them if I'm ignoring someone.  He gives us a schedule of who he is going to be with at certain times, so we could reach him on their cell (
laugh.gif
).  $@%# that, get a damn cell phone.

I don't have a problem ignoring calls or texts.

My friends tell me that all the time: "Why do you have a cell if you don't answer?"
Me:  "You caught me at a bad time/meeting"  I'm thinking: 'Cause I didn't feel like talking to your %%%. 
glasses.gif

I wouldn't be able to do it.

My job pays for my bill, so I have to have my phone by my side always.  Even before that, I would hate leaving the house with out my phone.

A close friend of mine decided to go this route back in 2004.  It's a pain in the %%% trying to reach him.  His reason's are that he doesn't need one and that if he does it would get him in major trouble with his girlfriend (He has a full roster, afraid to get caught
laugh.gif
).  The funny thing is that every Christmas/New Years he gives the "we don't hang out as much" speech.  It's hard to reach him, especially when trying to do things on the fly.  I communicate a lot via text, it's quick and easy and I don't have to answer them if I'm ignoring someone.  He gives us a schedule of who he is going to be with at certain times, so we could reach him on their cell (
laugh.gif
).  $@%# that, get a damn cell phone.

I don't have a problem ignoring calls or texts.

My friends tell me that all the time: "Why do you have a cell if you don't answer?"
Me:  "You caught me at a bad time/meeting"  I'm thinking: 'Cause I didn't feel like talking to your %%%. 
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom