Long term effects of LASIK

A quick search as pulled up a few informative threads of LASIK. I am curious, to those who have had the procedure done 10+ years ago, what is your review of it now?

I got LASIK done last summer and it's been great (besides having to use drops post-LASIK).

I'm curious to know too. I assume the procedures are safer today than they were three years ago, but I'm still fearful of something going wrong.

Almost exactly 7 years ago that I had it done...not an issue since (knock on wood).  One of the best decisions I've ever made, lotta people who were eligible to have it and delayed will probably regret not doing it sooner.  Wasn't cheap and I'd just started making good money but I would've spent nearly as much on contacts + glasses by now and even bigger has been the time saved and convenience.  I went from awful vision with an astigmatism to 20/20.  Kept my eyes closed for a few hours after, had to wear eye protection at night plus avoid rubbing them for a couple weeks to be safe and use drops as frequently as I needed to.

My advice:  go with the best possible place even if it costs a little more and if your vision hasn't changed much recently/you're a prime candidate...do it.

My friend had it done around 5 years ago and is wearing glasses again. I remember when he was driving at night he had trouble reading street signs. His experience has made me hesitant to ever get it done. I've also seen a girl that went to get it done and something weird happened where her eyes were rejecting the procedure and they couldn't finish it.

Also interested in this. Would love to get it but the possibility of it not working is ridiculous. Will watch this thread to learn more..

My dad got it done maybe 5 years ago? He'll sometimes wear glasses though, mostly out of habit.

Last edited:
Only side effect i have is dry eyes.

if some needs to explain the pros vs cons to you then you might as well not even do it

I got it done 5 years ago and it was one of the best things i've ever done. complications happen with all procedures. Tattoos don't always heal right.

In 4 info.

Will do it. It's just a matter of when.

Last edited:
I will do it eventually as well, seeing as contacts would cost a fortune for me annually. Midas whale go through with it

got mines done last july ;one of da best decisions i've made :smokin. it felt like i was seeing through hd 1080p. only complaints are taking about 3-4 different bottles of eye drops multiple times through out da day and my eyes were really red for a couple of weeks. the redness of the eyes probably vary from person to person though.

My friend had it done around 5 years ago and is wearing glasses again. I remember when he was driving at night he had trouble reading street signs. His experience has made me hesitant to ever get it done. I've also seen a girl that went to get it done and something weird happened where her eyes were rejecting the procedure and they couldn't finish it.

I got it done recently i correct me if im wrong but atleast at the place i went to i think they said if they is ever a problem with the effects not lasting they would redo it free of charge...i may be remembering that wrong but i am glad i got it done

another thing before you get it done nobody talks about the actual procedure. it was kind of intese for me at least for the like 30 secs or so they hold each eye open and do the procedure. nothing you cant handle but its good to be prepared for the experience before hand. they also give you a valium before hand but i dont think it had any effect on me

another thing before you get it done nobody talks about the actual procedure. it was kind of intese for me at least for the like 30 secs or so they hold each eye open and do the procedure. nothing you cant handle but its good to be prepared for the experience before hand. they also give you a valium before hand but i dont think it had any effect on me
Intense?  Maybe it's the type of lasik/machine but it was nothing for me, literally didn't feel anything and it was over before I thought it was.  I could see someone with anxiety not doing too well with it though.

Thankfully I never had a huge issue with dry eyes either.

what do you guys mean by drops? is that just using eye drops? and if so, is that something you guys still do or just something that you did for a short period of time after the operation?

Intense?  Maybe it's the type of lasik/machine but it was nothing for me, literally didn't feel anything and it was over before I thought it was.  I could see someone with anxiety not doing too well with it though.

Thankfully I never had a huge issue with dry eyes either.

to me it felt like they were spreading my eyelids and pushing my eyes. but i was tense and nervous

Back
Top Bottom