Long term effects of LASIK

I REALLY want to get this done... I feel like my eyes are so horrible at my age. :smh:

My dad got his done 10 years ago, the only issue he told me was when he's driving at night... the glare of headlights gets to him.

He can still see clear, but the glare at night started happening around 2010ish.

I gotta get it done before the zombie apocalypse. No one's gonna be making contacts at that pointl. I thought that they usually wanted the person to be 30 or older before they got the procedure done?

That's what i've heard too. It's to make sure your eye sight is done changing a lot.

9k? :x

what the hell i thought maybe 4k was the most expensive :smh:

Yeah, tell me about it! That's one of the downsides of living in San Francisco - everything is simply more expensive. Do not get me wrong, there were other places that are doing the procedure for way less but after doing my research, I felt the most comfortable trusting my eyes to this particular surgeon. My friend had hers done in el Salvador for 2K and she is doing just fine! I tried to base my decision more on success rate rather and price tag.

Had the PRK procedure. Longer heal time less chance of complications. Felt good until next day when eyes were unusable for 2 days. After that I was good to go. Took like a month or 2 before my vision was sharp.

Only side effect was my eyes are more prone to dry out now. Otherwise no problem.

When you go in for a consultation they will tell you if you can get Lasik.

I had PRK done about 5 years ago. The reason given was that my cornea was too thin for them to safely make a flap. And you are correct about that 48hour point. My eyes were on fire. By post op day 4 things started clearing up. My vision improved steadily over the next 4-6 months. Best decision I've ever made. I should have done it years earlier, but I kept putting it off.

Glad to hear that most people are doing well. I just hope the long term effects for eye health aren't jeopardized by the procedure. 

Glad to hear that most people are doing well. I just hope the long term effects for eye health aren't jeopardized by the procedure. 
This is what I'm most afraid of. Not the procedure, it's whether or not after 40 years if there's some odd side effect that happens. Also, since im in the artistic field, if there's any color recognition loss, then my career is effectively over. 
ohwell.gif

What do they do in the procedure? Was it bearable?

I'm curious to know if I have to wait until I'm 30 to undergo this procedure as well.

Great thread.

-Drew

There are also some side effects that include halos, starbursts and glare if your pupil are to big. The result is called "high order aberration" and when your pupils dilate at night, they dilate past the zone of correction. 

I heard that if you blink too much after you get it done your eyeballs will fall out.

great thread. i've been debating whether or not to get it done as well for a while now. my boy got it done 6 years ago and up until recently he's been having issues with blurriness. told me he might have to get a touch up done because his eyesight has been getting worse lately. i'm on the fence about it now. i've been wearing glasses/contacts since i was 10 so getting lasik done would be awesome.

Co worker got it. He said it is the best thing ever. But they have different types of lasik procedure. He didn't get the top tier one. I don't know the details. So I guess I should've never even replied.

my boss came to my cubicle one day

she told me that she had lasik done.

i asked her if she could see me.

she told me that she could see me.

now i want lasik too.

I have bad luck, i'd probably get some of those side effects / complications.

been thinking about it for awhile. if my insurance covered part of it, i would get it done. still a relatively "cheap" procedure these days.

hear it's best to do it in your 30s

I got lasik last year. Best money I've ever spent. Two months of dry eyes and now I'm chillin. No complications whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom