Long term effects of LASIK

Got lasik done 5 years ago in Rochester NY.... Best 5 grand I've ever spent my money on!!

Last edited:
shoot my mom got it when it first started popping so like around 99-00. She still wears glasses at night or to watch tv sometimes. says she sometimes gets halo's from car headlights at night. like 3.5 grand per eye. of course this was like 14 years ago, so i'm sure the procedures are even better now and more affordable. I want to do it at some point too.

there's a place not far from me offering $299 per eye. :x son I've spent more on kicks. nope!

Last edited:

what do you guys mean by drops? is that just using eye drops? and if so, is that something you guys still do or just something that you did for a short period of time after the operation?
Your eyes can dry out a little (maybe a lot for some people) if you don't use them but for me, I didn't have to use them for too long.  It was mainly in the morning.

Intense?  Maybe it's the type of lasik/machine but it was nothing for me, literally didn't feel anything and it was over before I thought it was.  I could see someone with anxiety not doing too well with it though.

Thankfully I never had a huge issue with dry eyes either.
to me it felt like they were spreading my eyelids and pushing my eyes. but i was tense and nervous
Well, yeah...they do have to keep your eyelids open but I didn't even feel the quick pressure on my eyes that they say is coming.  Like I said, I wouldn't have even known it was over with if they didn't say it.

it was in reference to LASIK being a voluntary procedure. is Kanye's mom dying from complications from Lipo a better one?
grin.gif

Albeit morbid, it is. 
to me it felt like they were spreading my eyelids and pushing my eyes. but i was tense and nervous

Last edited:
3.5 to 5K? Crazy. i see an amazon local deal for chicago for $1998.00 for both eyes

i think mine was 3000 for both eyes. plus cant you claim that on your taxes? atleast i did and its worth it when comparing prices for glasses, contacts, insurance every year.

What is the value in lasik to people who wore glasses before the procedure?

Lasik seems like a huge waste of money to me.

do you or have you worn glasses before? they are annoying, you can lose them you always have to get them updated. just being free of that is great. you sound like someone that already has good vision and never had to deal with the hassle

Hated glasses and eyes were too dry for contacts.

Getting Lasik was one of the best decisions I ever made.  

Glad I was on my parents coverage when I got it done tho 
laugh.gif

been looking into this. hate wearing contacts and glasses at home

would be weird to wake up being able to see no issues without having to put on contacts.

wanna do it within the next year but im scared as hell :lol:

I got Lasik done about 6 months ago and it was the best investment I have made. I hate to sound like those commercials but it truly was the best decision I have made. I paid close to 7K for the procedure, my company helped paid another 2k. The procedure was literally less than 10 minutes and it was it pain free.

I have not had any complications or side effects - Thank God! I recommend you do extensive research on the surgeon who will be operating on you. I did my procedure in SF with a surgeon whose success rate is 99%.

I gotta get it done before the zombie apocalypse. No one's gonna be making contacts at that pointl. I thought that they usually wanted the person to be 30 or older before they got the procedure done?

Had the PRK procedure. Longer heal time less chance of complications. Felt good until next day when eyes were unusable for 2 days. After that I was good to go. Took like a month or 2 before my vision was sharp.

Only side effect was my eyes are more prone to dry out now. Otherwise no problem.

When you go in for a consultation they will tell you if you can get Lasik.

do you or have you worn glasses before? they are annoying, you can lose them you always have to get them updated. just being free of that is great. you sound like someone that already has good vision and never had to deal with the hassle
I've worn glasses for years. I still do now. They're annoying, but they're not as annoying as you're making them out to be.

I switched to contacts when I played sports, but contacts were even more annoying to me .

Your eye sight gets worse and worse as the years go by, so is lasik really that much of a benefit?

Glasses to me are like socks.

I got Lasik done about 6 months ago and it was the best investment I have made. I hate to sound like those commercials but it truly was the best decision I have made. I paid close to 7K for the procedure, my company helped paid another 2k. The procedure was literally less than 10 minutes and it was it pain free.

I have not had any complications or side effects - Thank God! I recommend you do extensive research on the surgeon who will be operating on you. I did my procedure in SF with a surgeon whose success rate is 99%.

9k? :x

what the hell i thought maybe 4k was the most expensive :smh:

I have never heard of someone charging 10k for the procedure! 3k to 4k is the average around my area. 

Back
Top Bottom