Mark Wahlberg asking for a pardon... everyone has a past

sometimes the sarcasm detector's battery isn't changed, I clearly used the word because you did to be a smart ***

silent gallops still being heard

I couldn't careless less if the he gets his pardon, I don't think he should, make the bed and lay in but he's come a long way from the kid from that environment doing bad things

your gage for 'coming a long way' fascinates me

i feel sorry for anyone you encounter in real life

here's a tip:
most people feel that at the very least you HAVE TO apologize to the person you've offended (in this case, beat with a bat and punched to the point of blindnes), BEFORE you (or anyone) can claim that you've grown since then

there are exceptions, you being one of those exceptions

but yeah.

here's a tip:
most people feel that at the very least you HAVE TO apologize to the person you've offended (in this case, beat with a bat and punched to the point of blindnes), BEFORE you (or anyone) can claim that you've grown since then

but yeah.

I guess the victim is wrong too; he falls in the exception category

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dn-t-blind-Communist-Vietnamese-did-that.html

:lol:  only on NT can one person in an entire thread say "you know what i think he has grown" and people question it.  Yet the other 800 posts are all calling him a scumbag low life and no one says "you know him or something?"

Public perception seems like he has grown up.  Without googling has he been arrested any time recently? I'd say no....i'd say he seems to be some what of a good citizen.

But i do agree that if most people can't get things expunged then neither should he.  I'm sure there is some other corporate loophole he can use to expand his restaurant chain.  Just put it under a family members name or something.

His actions speak for their self. Now, you and your buddy wanna come in here and let him off the hook and I simply asked what is this based on? Are there some other, more recent actions you and him are aware of that lead you to believe he has grown? Or are you just pulling words out of your *** so you can deny racism esixts, even in a person who has exhibited violent racism in the past?

Again, "he seems to be somewhat of a good citizen"? DO YOU KNOW HIM? What are you talking about? See the major problem with white folks and race relations is they can't even look racism in the eye when it's blatant as hell and they ALWAYS have an excuse for why it doesn't exist or is not relevant. Go sit down somewhere and see if you can develop a coherent response.

I thought Wahlberg was good in The Fighter, TED, The Other Guys, The Departed and invincible
I agree though that i don't think he is the best actor.  But i like him in comedy roles.  He also was really involved with entourage which i loved
yeah the other guys was hilarious, I actually like shooter too. :lol: there's always exceptions

that's a really offensive statement in so many ways

I apologize if you're offended, but in the poor working class areas of Massachusetts, racism is long standing.

Is it less offensive to you with the knowledge that I too am white?

He from Boston, that's how Boston ****** do. This **** aint new :lol:

Coming from someone who lives in Florida . . . the irony :lol:

Boston gets a bad wrap but i've never had any problems, and as far as I can see, our cops aren't catching bodies left and right . FOH

Mark is a herb . No pardon for this clown . And he doesn't represent/speak for Boston

Edit: Furthermore, 90% of the people who claim Boston, saying racist **** online etc, are NOT from Boston. They from some middle of nowhere suburb 60 miles West of Boston.

Last edited:

here's a tip:

but yeah.

I guess the victim is wrong too; he falls in the exception category

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dn-t-blind-Communist-Vietnamese-did-that.html

Hmmm....interesting.

Looks like they'll have a face-to-face at some point.

Marky Mark was young and "everyone makes mistakes when their young" :rolleyes :stoneface:

Prime example of white privilege.

But Mike Brown deserved to get his brains blown out because he stole some cigars :smh:

MJ be supplying him with heat too.. Smh. He probably like 'Yea i get what I want from that ****er'

And to capitalize what was said earlier in the thread that Mark made his break through in hip hop with urban culture :smh:

Whites :smh:

Last edited:

that's a really offensive statement in so many ways
I apologize if you're offended, but in the poor working class areas of Massachusetts, racism is long standing.

Is it less offensive to you with the knowledge that I too am white?
the reason it's offensive is twofold

1) it denotes a differentiation from the "other" (the other being black people). it was used by white elites to malign people who they considered to be just slightly above black people in general

2) not all poor white people are racist or harbor those kinds of feelings. racism isn't really a symptom of, or caused by poverty

the reason it's offensive is twofold

1) it denotes a differentiation from the "other" (the other being black people). it was used by white elites to malign people who they considered to be just slightly above black people in general

2) not all poor white people are racist or harbor those kinds of feelings. racism isn't really a symptom of, or caused by poverty

You're coming to your own conclusions, bruh.

I specified poor white folks in the area he grew up, a notoriously racist area. I am sure the rich white folks from the same area were/are racist as well. I specified because that is Marky Mark's background.

If the term white trash alone offended, I'm not sure what to say. Is referring to a person that commits a heinous act without motivation as trash really that out of line?

Sorry I'm not as PC as you, sir.

Hmmm....interesting.

my point stands

he didnt give a **** about that guy until it started messing with his pockets

so the victim forgave him huh?

typical.

You weren't going to be swayed one way or another...regardless of what the victim or wahlberg said.

Victim forgives...Seasoned Vet don't.

Last edited:
Hmmm....interesting.

They not gonna see eye to eye.  The victim has moved on and he's forgiven himself, not Mark.  He's made peace with it.  Whose to say it wasn't Mark's fault.  It doesn't excuse Mark for what he did whatsoever.  Again, Mark should be locked up w/ A.Hernandez.  Plus, you can't believe everything you read, whose to say Mark didn't slip something on the back end.

Hmmm....interesting.

They not gonna see eye to eye.  The victim has moved on and he's forgiven himself, not Mark.  He's made peace with it.  Whose to say it wasn't Mark's fault.  It doesn't excuse Mark for what he did whatsoever.  Again, Mark should be locked up w/ A.Hernandez.  Plus, you can't believe everything you read, whose to say Mark didn't slip something on the back end.

[lee corso] not so fast, my friend [/lee corso]

In an exclusive interview with Mail Online Trinh said he is happy for Wahlberg to be given a pardon saying: 'He was young and reckless but I forgive him now. Everyone deserves another chance.

'I would like to see him get a pardon. He should not have the crime hanging over him any longer.'

Trinh added that he would like to meet Wahlberg face to face to tell him he does not bear a grudge.

'He paid for his crime when he went to prison. I am not saying that it did not hurt when he punched me in the face, but it was a long time ago.

'He has grown up now. I am sure he has his own family and is a responsible man.'

Good point.  Dude was charged for attempted 'murder' but got a lower end of the bargain.  The point here isn't about forgiving and moving on.  The point here is MARK needing that PARDON for 'future' endeavors.  I am sure both Mark and the Victim have moved on.  It's not like this incident clouds Mark.  Mark' is making his $$$.

Dude wants to go back into the future.

You weren't going to be swayed one way or another...regardless of what the victim or wahlberg said.

Victim forgives...Seasoned Vet don't.

nope.

not when the person refuses to look their victim in the eye for 30 years

then wants a pardon so he can make more money

Last edited:
certain things are forgivable and can be attributed to being young and dumb
this as a 17 year old and the damage he did to the person isn't forgivable in my opinion

It's awesome the victim has forgiven him, but that has no bearing on the law. I'm sure he'll get his pardon though. This justice system is the best system money can buy

laugh.gif
 only on NT can one person in an entire thread say "you know what i think he has grown" and people question it.  Yet the other 800 posts are all calling him a scumbag low life and no one says "you know him or something?"

Public perception seems like he has grown up.  Without googling has he been arrested any time recently? I'd say no....i'd say he seems to be some what of a good citizen.

But i do agree that if most people can't get things expunged then neither should he.  I'm sure there is some other corporate loophole he can use to expand his restaurant chain.  Just put it under a family members name or something.
His actions speak for their self. Now, you and your buddy wanna come in here and let him off the hook and I simply asked what is this based on? Are there some other, more recent actions you and him are aware of that lead you to believe he has grown? Or are you just pulling words out of your *** so you can deny racism esixts, even in a person who has exhibited violent racism in the past?

Again, "he seems to be somewhat of a good citizen"? DO YOU KNOW HIM? What are you talking about? See the major problem with white folks and race relations is they can't even look racism in the eye when it's blatant as hell and they ALWAYS have an excuse for why it doesn't exist or is not relevant. Go sit down somewhere and see if you can develop a coherent response.
No one is letting him off the hook i was simply presenting the other side to the argument.  At some point you will realize people do grow up and its possible to be racist when you are younger and don't know any better, and grow up and not be any more.  People grow.

https://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/mark-wahlberg

Here is a list of all the charities Mark supports.  

He may be a complete scum bag racist who has it out for every minority because he is a terrible bigot....he also might have been a young dumb 17 year old who made a mistake

No one is letting him off the hook i was simply presenting the other side to the argument.  At some point you will realize people do grow up and its possible to be racist when you are younger and don't know any better, and grow up and not be any more.  People grow.

https://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/mark-wahlberg

Here is a list of all the charities Mark supports.

He may be a complete scum bag racist who has it out for every minority because he is a terrible bigot....he also might have been a young dumb 17 year old who made a mistake
Still dunno why he needs to dig the past for the 'pardon'. for what? To be a leader? OMG

he ain't nevah changed

Good point.  Dude was charged for attempted 'murder' but got a lower end of the bargain.  The point here isn't about forgiving and moving on.  The point here is MARK needing that PARDON for 'future' endeavors.  I am sure both Mark and the Victim have moved on.  It's not like this incident clouds Mark.  Mark' is making his $$$.

Dude wants to go back into the future.

But who on this Earth wouldn't? There are things that have happened in everyone's life that I bet we all wish that we could change. Hindsight is always 20/20. This is why there is the beauty of 2nd chances. For redemption.

Obviously, there are things that people do that aren't worth forgiving etc., but I think this was a case of Mark being "Dorchestah" and making a stupid decision as a teen. If he needs this pardon for business, and both he and the victim have moved on, then so be it.

Back
Top Bottom