MAROON VI #2013

Buying or passing?

• Copped

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pass

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I know these are getting some hype but anyone here remember when they first came out and sat on shelves because most people wanted black infrareds? All other 6's were an afterthought. I'm not saying I don't like them, but they're kind of plain.

But, everything you said about the Maroons basically applied to the Blues as well.
People didn't like the Carmines much either, frankly. Black and white infras were basically the only CWs that mattered. White infras were my first Jordan purchase. (I traded a friend a pair of Flight 89s for his Black IVs after we had both had them a while so we could each feel like we had new shoes. ...Our parents didn't understand.)
The fact that parents were only buying their kids one pair of $125 sneakers per year is what make the black/infrarad, and white/red the only colorways that mattered. The Carmines sold well considering that they were a late release all because kids saw MJ wearing the Carmines on court. I can tell you first hand that the Sport Blues left shelves much faster than the Maroons because there was nothing left on shelves but the Maroons. The majority of kids got the Maroon VI because it was the Jordan sneaker that was left on the shelf at a clearance price that people were willing to pay. $59.99 was a good deal for any pair of Air Jordans at the peak of MJs career.

This.
nthat.gif

Good point.  Laney's were always a shoe that I liked (not to the point that it was a grail, but I liked them), but that was back in the 1 - 2 pair of shoes for the school year days.
man Laney's were grails being from Wilmington NC. Damn I wanted some so bad back when i was broke.

bt

for some reason i feel these will come out in 14 no next year. could be wrong but it doesn't make much sense

These will most likely get the Olympic 6 treatment as far as a change in mid sole, which I'm sure will anger some OG's, but I would welcome it.

Kinda brings back that nostalgia that the brand sometimes lacks during certain releases.

I need these. They're too plain for some people, but I like them. Maybe its because I'm getting old, but I've grown to like the "plain" cw's a lot more recently.

I know JB will probably change the midsole accents like this years Olympic 6's.

Can the photoshop experts draw up a sample with the the front midsole flipped?

I know JB will probably change the midsole accents like this years Olympic 6's.

Can the photoshop experts draw up a sample with the the front midsole flipped?

id think theyd be more inclined to alter the actual color of the shoe than swap the midsoles. it wasnt that big of a deal for the oly because the upper was mostly blue anyways. would look kind crazy with an all maroon midsole in the same blocking as the moto vi.

Holla at me when we get a production code and an actual pic...otherwise, I've been down this road before. Word to the Grape/Laney V pack.

Back
Top Bottom