Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

I might be in the minority, but i'm digging the worn in creases on the midsole when rocked lol

Last edited:
found a pair 11.5 for $195 (including shipping) prob as low for resale as I'll find, might have to pull trigger..

A few stores in EU had small restocks today, I had in my cart on mr porter but couldnt check out, ughh

i still dont get how people "sneaker heads" cant compartmentalize. every shoe serves a purpose, every shoe has its own place. it wasnt until recently that comfort started being at the forefront of "sneaker culture". and some act as if they were wearing bricks on their feet and didnt even notice until boost came out. now everything is uncomfortable 
laugh.gif
REPPED

Got both the colorways from Running Wearhouse yesterday but I really want those NikeLab SPs....the pic with the black socks did it for me. Great summertime runner. 

Got both the colorways from Running Wearhouse yesterday but I really want those NikeLab SPs....the pic with the black socks did it for me. Great summertime runner. 
aannnnd I just paid resale on eBay. I don't care. That picture above sealed the deal for me. Nothing to see here folks, just a man spending his money too fast.

My UNDFTD order status changed from: Requested to Invoiced.

That's good right? 
eyes.gif

aannnnd I just paid resale on eBay. I don't care. That picture above sealed the deal for me. Nothing to see here folks, just a man spending his money too fast
same here, w CA tax they woulda been around 170, so @ 195/200 to the door I wasn't too gutted, glad to see some cool re-sellers instead of peeps trying to get 300 for these...

welp seems like release on RW for the 4% changed from 6/20 to 7/13. Want to assume this is the release date for NDC as well. 

Has RW ever released a running shoe prior to Nike releasing them? or has it always been on the same day? 

welp seems like release on RW for the 4% changed from 6/20 to 7/13. Want to assume this is the release date for NDC as well. 

Has RW ever released a running shoe prior to Nike releasing them? or has it always been on the same day? 

I feel like RW and RRS have sold shoes before NDC in the past.

Having said that, it is still listed as "coming soon" on NDC... I don't think I've seen anything on there with coming soon that is at least a month away. Usually they will just pull it from the website if the date changes that much.

I feel like RW and RRS have sold shoes before NDC in the past.

Having said that, it is still listed as "coming soon" on NDC... I don't think I've seen anything on there with coming soon that is at least a month away. Usually they will just pull it from the website if the date changes that much.
I know RRS definitely has, but wasnt sure about RW.

Based on my tweet I posted with Nike yesterday, they said it wont be available until July. Like you said, not sure why post something on the site when it wont be available for more than a month. 

The Ice Blues can be had right now for $112 with a combination of the NDC $20 off "givesport" code plus 12% cash back on Ebates.

they look good but are they black or really dark blue? I thought the colorways blue fox?

So I was able to pick up the Zoom Fly in the Blue Fox color, and I gave it a 5K try to see how it is. Just remember that this is my personal experience, and this will differ with many others' experiences. I'm not going to make it a full review like I did with the VaporMax, but I will keep it short and honest.

Unfortunately for me, Lunar cushioning has always bothered my knee, and this shoe is no different. The shoe's rocker motion did have me readjust my landing from heel to forefoot for a good majority of the run (and I had to keep thinking about how I landed), and it helped limited the amount of pain that I would normally deal with... but any time I have to keep stopping during my run to give my knee a break multiple times, it's one bad sign that a bad run was about to happen. Maybe it's just 'cause I ran in the evening when I wanted to run in the morning... maybe it was me just being frustrated from other things, but it just wasn't a good run.

On the better side of things, the cushion's pretty good, and it softens up over a short amount of running time. For those who are heel strikers, it's DEFINITELY going to be a shoe that'll take time to readjust your stride to; I know that was the case for me. I feel that with the carbon-infused nylon plate, there's quite an amount of support provided there although it may still be beneficial for neutral runners and those who supinate/pronate to a small degree. The Flymesh material feels really nice; I actually like it a lot. It's thin yet supportive, and the breathability is there.

Ultimately, this shoe is definitely built for those who are working on training for a marathon, 'cause that plate just keeps you geared in specifically on getting PRs. At the end of the day, I don't know if I'm willing to give it a second shot simply because I don't want to deal with the same familiar pain that I've already dealt with whenever I run (or play basketball) in anything Lunar. This is also a dramatic change for me to try a shoe like this from the VaporMax, a shoe where its cushioning has benefited me very well.

If you want to develop a midfoot to forefoot strike, Newtons are the ideal shoe, specifically the Distance (or Gravity if you need more support). They have lugs right under the forefoot, which are like "training wheels" if you think about it lol.

Last edited:
nice quick review us3less, not sure if you've mentioned it before but have you tried LunarEpics?

Purchased a second pair from RW with the 10% code someone provided earlier. 

Send the blue fox's back to NDC. Any savings is good to me 

Now waiting for the 4% :D

Could you post that 10% code?

Edit: nevermind found it

Last edited:
So I was able to pick up the Zoom Fly in the Blue Fox color, and I gave it a 5K try to see how it is. Just remember that this is my personal experience, and this will differ with many others' experiences. I'm not going to make it a full review like I did with the VaporMax, but I will keep it short and honest.

Unfortunately for me, Lunar cushioning has always bothered my knee, and this shoe is no different. The shoe's rocker motion did have me readjust my landing from heel to forefoot for a good majority of the run (and I had to keep thinking about how I landed), and it helped limited the amount of pain that I would normally deal with... but any time I have to keep stopping during my run to give my knee a break multiple times, it's one bad sign that a bad run was about to happen. Maybe it's just 'cause I ran in the evening when I wanted to run in the morning... maybe it was me just being frustrated from other things, but it just wasn't a good run.

On the better side of things, the cushion's pretty good, and it softens up over a short amount of running time. For those who are heel strikers, it's DEFINITELY going to be a shoe that'll take time to readjust your stride to; I know that was the case for me. I feel that with the carbon-infused nylon plate, there's quite an amount of support provided there although it may still be beneficial for neutral runners and those who supinate/pronate to a small degree. The Flymesh material feels really nice; I actually like it a lot. It's thin yet supportive, and the breathability is there.

Ultimately, this shoe is definitely built for those who are working on training for a marathon, 'cause that plate just keeps you geared in specifically on getting PRs. At the end of the day, I don't know if I'm willing to give it a second shot simply because I don't want to deal with the same familiar pain that I've already dealt with whenever I run (or play basketball) in anything Lunar. This is also a dramatic change for me to try a shoe like this from the VaporMax, a shoe where its cushioning has benefited me very well.
was wondering if the irritation on your knee is due to lunarlon not being able to provide enough impact protection or is it something else about it? because I do experience the same thing with lunar at times (more so when I'm playing basketball than running).

Just a heads up for whom ever ordered from Undftd. Just got the Email confirmation of shipment. Thanks to whoever put that link up.

Back
Top Bottom