Official HDTV and HD Thread! Vol: 1080p > 720p > 1080i > 480p > 480i

aw man, that Logitech 550 remote arrived, I just programmed it, its real nice.

Real Rap, I want the Touchscreen One now
laugh.gif

but still over $200, Looks like I'll put it n my B-day wish list

Can someone put me on to some good HDMI cables that aren't too expensive. I just got a 42" Panasonic Viera and was thinking of picking up 2 or 3 formy 360 and PS3 that I will soon be copping.

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

narum...now that you've come to your senses and stopped with Vizio is god campaign
wink.gif

Im in need of a second opinion. My living room is looking for an upgrade... 46-52" in range...Plasmas are out the question cause of the energy consumption and I have enough bills
nerd.gif
. I'm looking at either Samsung or Panasonic in LCD and DLP form. In my eyes the DLP is slightly better but then again some of the newer LCDs are beautiful. any input would be appreciated.

DLP > 120hz LCD.
For the energy consumption, plasma and LCD are pretty close. Plasma just gives off more heat due to the plasma gas within the glass panel. For the 120hz, I would stay away from this technology as long as possible. I don't think it isn't worth the price either. You could get a good Samsung in that or even a Bravia from Sony. Panasonic only has a LCD at 37", which is an awesome set I might add, but I wish they made bigger LCD's... Good luck!

I know. I really hate that pannys stay below 40inches with LCDs. What about the 120hz DLPs? Best Buy has a few on sale for cheap IMO...is that the sameadvice or is DLP 120 different from the LCD 120hz

Originally Posted by nnarum

narum...now that you've come to your senses and stopped with Vizio is god campaign
wink.gif

Im in need of a second opinion. My living room is looking for an upgrade... 46-52" in range...Plasmas are out the question cause of the energy consumption and I have enough bills
nerd.gif
. I'm looking at either Samsung or Panasonic in LCD and DLP form. In my eyes the DLP is slightly better but then again some of the newer LCDs are beautiful. any input would be appreciated.

DLP > 120hz LCD.
For the energy consumption, plasma and LCD are pretty close. Plasma just gives off more heat due to the plasma gas within the glass panel. For the 120hz, I would stay away from this technology as long as possible. I don't think it isn't worth the price either. You could get a good Samsung in that or even a Bravia from Sony. Panasonic only has a LCD at 37", which is an awesome set I might add, but I wish they made bigger LCD's... Good luck!

I know. I really hate that pannys stay below 40inches with LCDs. What about the 120hz DLPs? Best Buy has a few on sale for cheap IMO...is that the same advice or is DLP 120 different from the LCD 120hz

I would stay away from 120hz in general. I personally think the feature is a joke.

BTW, the XBL Marketplace for HD movies is garbage. It takes WAY too long to download anything. I started my download about 15 min ago, and I'm at 4%
indifferent.gif

Please MS, release a Blu add-on! You won't have to pay Sony royalties for as many because it would be optional...

120hz DLP is stupid..you cant even see the difference.

Response time is already 2ms so its not necessary...and the 120hz option dont show in the menu for the 61a750 samsung that 'offers' it
indifferent.gif

120hz ftw ..on the right set. I know the LNTxx71s from samsung flashed too fast and got real choppy sometimes.. W/E

Pioneer's new plasmas are supposed to cheaper .... right ? 9th generation will be
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BoilerUp1987

SHARP AQUOS! Best HDTV's on the market
roll.gif

Like the previous post stated, the banding issues on Sharps make them unwatchable.

Anyone waiting for the new XBR line to come out? I was waiting for the 40XBR6 to come out until they released the pictures. I can't stand TV's with thespeakers on the bottom... prefer them on the side. But if the price rumors are correct I might just have to bite the bullet and get the 46XBR8 over the 40XBR7.

Originally Posted by CRANK DAT NIKETALK

color banding FTL
sick.gif

Have you seen them in standard definition ?
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Good god and allah, it disgusts me
sick.gif
not playing stan at all BUT...

anyone who pays big dollars for an HD set to watch their TV in Standard definition is ******ed to begin with. I love my 42" 64 series, as with all TVs itlooks @+#% on SD, but HD is different. of course the new 60" 6010 in the living room is my baby, but this one rocks too
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by CRANK DAT NIKETALK

color banding FTL
sick.gif

Have you seen them in standard definition ?
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Good god and allah, it disgusts me
sick.gif
I think the color banding issue was a panel flaw. Many of the models last year had it like it was a feature or something. I believe it is solved, butthey are still selling the older models so there is a good chance anyone who buys an older sharp gets one with color banding.

HD tvs aren't meant to look good in SD anyways, so w/e. Just keep a standard def tv in another room if you want :smile:

And the best picture quality is hands down a Pioneer Kuro. They cost something like $4000, but they are breathtaking.

And the short summaries:

Toshiba: Good, solid picture quality, best for the price (lower end ones, anyway)
Samsung: Very good image quality, comparable more expensive brands
Sony: Arguably better than Samsungs, a little overpriced, but if you like paying for quality, go for Sony :smile:
Panasonic: Very good midrange plasma tvs for very good prices
Pioneer: Probably the most expensive, but their Plasmas are breathtaking
Sharp: Picture is good, but have had panel problems in the past. Most likely solved now
Vizio: Mediocre picture quality, probably cheaper than all of the above. I would not recommend buying them though because if you search or wait a little youwill find a better name brand tv for the same price

I need to get outside more.

This has been an informative thread. I'm going to put that stimulus check to use this weekend and get a 32"
laugh.gif

for the record, 1080i >720p and 720p > 1080i in certain situations. 1080i is a higher resolution (1920x1080) but because its an interlaced signal, fastmoving images aren't displaced accurately (displays frames 1/30th of a second). So if you're watching mostly slow moving images like NationalGeographic or something not highpaced, 1080i is better because of the resolution. But if you're watching basketball, 720p is the way to go.

ehh, majority of +!*# I watch is either my HD-DVD/BD movies, and the HD channels. When I watch SD channels, I know its going to look more terrible than on theold tube. it is what it is so I just deal with it.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageNR.jsp?assetId=3420007

Now Available

101.gif

ch. 101

ae.gif

ch. 265

animalPlanet.gif

ch. 282

bigTen.gif

ch. 220

bio.gif

ch. 266

bravo.gif

ch. 273

cartoon.gif

ch. 296

cinemax-east.gif

ch. 512

cinemax-west.gif

ch. 514

cmt.gif

ch. 327

cnbc.gif

ch. 355

cnn.gif

ch. 202

cstv.gif

ch. 610

discovery.gif

ch. 278

disney.gif

ch. 290

espn.gif

ch. 206

espn2.gif

ch. 209

espn-news.gif

ch. 207

food.gif

ch. 231

fox-business.gif

ch. 359

fuel.gif

ch. 612

fx.gif

ch. 248

golf.gif

ch. 604

hbo-east.gif

ch. 501

hbo-west.gif

ch. 504

hdTheater.gif

ch. 76

hdnet.gif

ch. 79

hdnet-movies.gif

ch. 78

hgtv.gif

ch. 229

history.gif

ch. 269

mgm.gif

ch. 255

movieChannel.gif

ch. 544

mtv.gif

ch. 331

music.gif

ch. 332

nationalGeo.gif

ch. 276

nba.gif

ch. 601

nfl.gif

ch. 212

nhl_logo.gif

ch. 215

nick.gif

ch. 299

showtime.gif

ch. 537

sho2.gif

ch. 538

sho-west.gif

ch. 540

smithsonian.gif

ch. 267

speed.gif

ch. 607

spike.gif

ch. 325

starz-comedy.gif

ch. 519

starz-edge.gif

ch. 522

starz-family.gif

ch. 518

starzeast.jpg

ch. 520

starzwest.jpg

ch. 521

tbs.gif

ch. 247

tlc.gif

ch. 280

disney-toon.gif

ch. 292

tnt.gif

ch. 245

science.gif

ch. 284

sciFi.gif

ch. 244

tennis.gif

ch. 217

weather.gif

ch. 362

universal.gif

ch. 74

usa.gif

ch. 242

versus.gif

ch. 604

vh1.gif

ch. 335

Local HD Channels Included*

abc.gif

cbs.gif

fox.gif

nbc.gif

Experience your favorite shows, local news and sports like never before with DIRECTV HD. We offer local HD coverage in more areas than ever. Find out if you are eligible.

Regional Sports Network Channels

csn_chicago.gif

ch. 640

csn_midatlantic.gif

ch. 629

fsn_detroit.gif

ch. 636

fsnny.gif

ch. 624

fsn_primeticket.gif

ch. 653

fsn_southwest.gif

ch. 643

fsn_west.gif

ch. 652

msg.gif

ch. 621

nesn.gif

ch. 623

sny.gif

ch. 625

yes.gif

ch. 622

Find out if these Regional Sports Networks are available in your area

Coming Soon

abc-family.jpg

sick.gif
God thats a disgusting lineup, i might have to make that switch todirectv. And im lookin for a little 26 incher for my room, any recommendations on one that looks good w/ sd as well?

Back
Top Bottom