OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2013-2014 SEASON THREAD (PLAYOFFS! 2nd Round v. OKC; Series at 2-2)

After Watching this series of events Go down... don't worry Doc ain't going nowhere he's about that check & that check only :smh:. He will SURELY be your coach next season

And Doc Rivers is talking about how bad his wife must feel and such an ordeal for her.... The same wife who has been with this guy throughout all his hatred and abuse of Blacks but suddenly she gets a break?... The same wife who was calling her husband a racist early morning yesterday and walking side by side with him later that evening claiming that he isn't one?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...to-have-made-racist-statements-too/?tid=hp_mm

“In a 2009 deposition, a tenant at one of the Sterling’s apartment buildings in Los Angeles County said that Rochelle Sterling called him a “black m—f—” during a discussion at the building.”
“I asked her again, I asked her, ‘would you reduce the rent?’” Darrell Rhodes said in the deposition. “And she said, ‘who do you think you are, you black m—f—.’
“The way in which she said m—f— was more lower voiced, under her breath. She said black loud enough for me to hear, she said mother loud enough for me to hear. F— part was a little lower. I had to look at her lips to hear her say it. And I did.”
Court documents obtained by the Times also assert that Shelly posed as a health department inspector and told an on-site manager, Maira Oliva, “Oh, my God. This is so filthy. I can’t remodel my apartments the way that I want because Latinos are so filthy.”

This is the lady who You as the supposed "Leader" felt it was okay to invite.
"She's been through as much as anyone as well," Rivers said after the game. "And so she just wanted... She asked if she could come, which I thought was a very nice gesture. And she just wanted the players to know that ... she told me to tell 'em that she loves 'em. So I thought, why not?"

Throughout this Entire scandal i have heard ONE BLACK MAN involved with basketball, ONE speak up with any kind of emotion and say hey man this really hurt me, & let's not ignore the role he has outside of basketball and the effect he has on people. I don't like this, and not be completely 100% politically correct (Charles Barkely last night).

Once again something happens and it's like everyone expects blacks to just take the high road and not bring up race too much, don't make any mentions in the media, Be mad personally in your lockerooms and homes but don't express any of it in Public. I'm tired of black people's angers being withheld and diminished in fear of it making non minorities "Uncomfortable". For once maybe they should feel the uncomfortableness that comes with being born black in America. I'm so sick of people having to shy away from expressing themselves in fear of backlash or being professional.

DJ beasted on em last night, Bill Russell comparisons thrown around his performance.

Great showing last night but not our best. Blake and CP not getting anything to drop.

Let's hope they come alive tomorrow and we close this out! :smokin

please tell me the games not at 10:30 again tomorrow, i work nights. **** is wack i cant watch my team play half the time

It's always going to be that way unless you adopt a east coast team.
Honestly, Jordan should do that every game against the Warriors. He has Lee guarding him which means he's basically wide open every possession. I don't get why this ***** is do afraid to play physically >:.

Let's go clips :pimp: :pimp:

Tonight:

Don't blow your assignments and stick to the gameplan and everything will be straight. DJ and BG can't be sleep on those screen rolls with Steph Curry. Gotta stay on top of that and jump that every time, especially when he's going left. Get that ball out of Steph Curry's hands on those screen rolls and make someone else make the plays. Clippers have done a decent job of showing when Curry comes off screens, that'll have to continue tonight as well. Blake and DJ have been able to contain Curry and Thompson when they switch off on them which will have to continue tonight. Don't want any cheap 3's that can fuel that oracle cloud. By Cheap 3's I mean 3's that come off of turnovers, or bad shots on offense.

BG and CP3 won't be as bad in the first half tonight. And IMO they can't be. The Warriors, with their backs against the wall, at home, will come out with extreme spirit, and if the Clippers can stay within striking distance or even get ahead, it will really do damage as far as taking the confidence and spirit in the Warriors.

I think the Clips pull this out tonight by 6

^^^Nice analysis Shoeking. Agree with everything you said. The team needs to be sharp defensively because I know Curry is going to come out aggressive. Its too bad CP isn't 100% because I think one of the best ways to manage Curry is making him work hard defensively. We should be all right then.

To me, DJ is the biggest x-factor. If he has a strong game like he did on Tuesday, we should get the W.

Doubling Curry and not losing focus of that center post is key. we can't stop him from getting those fast break 3s becasue he's just that good, but forcing him to pass gives us a better chance.

DJ need to remain a constant presence on boards.

And fouls. It'll be hard to stay outta foul trouble but we need to focus on getting them in foul trouble, Thompson, Lee and Green. Unless Mark JAckson is swinging for the fences he'll play his foul trouble players more conservatively.

Plus Blake and CP need to really show up tonight. They're performance on Tuesday was definitely sub par.

Plus Blake and CP need to really show up tonight. They're performance on Tuesday was definitely sub par.

Agreed. I'd like to think that was because they were still trying to shake the fallout from the Sterling situation. With another couple days gone, I'm expecting them both to be better.

Tough game last night. I definitely thought we were on the short end of the officiating, but that's not why we lost. We just didn't play that well and Iggy hit some lucky shots at the end. I feel ok about tomorrow because we didn't play that well yesterday and still we're in a position to win. If we play even marginally better, particularly CP and BG, we should be able to get the W at home.

6th man of the year should be given to GS refs.

But you made a good point, we played marginally well and only lost by a point. I called it early that this game would be decided by a basket. Also going in the other 2 teams that were 3-2 couldn't close out their respective series' seemed a bit of a harbinger for the clips game.

We gave up too many rebounds. When lee fouled out, we shiuld have had Dj in there right away and taken advantage of the mismatch. GSW had no big man in the game, but jordan didn't play until there were only 5 minutes left. We gotta get after it saturday

Trying to get my blood pressure down...ugh.

FINALLY got the best of the Warriors and we can now focus on regrouping and taking on the next task. OKC will be no cake walk and we gotta make sure all of our weaknesses that GSW exposed get done up.

Blake & CP got theres but has DJ finally arrived (besides that game 5)!? Hopefully all the nonbasketball nonsense can be put aside now and we can get it done against OKC.

4 down. 12 to go. Let's get it.

#OneTeamOneGoal

I don't like your team and the flopping.

But, I just wanna congratulate the LOYAL Clipper fans who have been in the trenches with the organization during the crap years.

In the words of @mjshoefanatic, "good game".

Last edited:
Good series, Clippers. If there was any way I would see the Warriors lose to you guys, it would be an immensely entertaining 7 game series.

I don't like your team and the flopping.

But, I just wanna congratulate the LOYAL Clipper fans who have been in the trenches with the organization during the crap years.

In the words of @mjshoefanatic, "good game".

Thanks , man. Got a lot of respect for the Warriors. Don't like them, but respect them. Great series.

Back
Top Bottom