Poor Californians to Get Free ‘Obama Phone’

greeks got pretty comfy going to the beach all day and look at em now...i still think WE need to have some sort of mandatory vacation time..

our country is so damn overworked its ridiculous..we work until we die, its sad seeing those old walmart greeters working to make ends meet...
And many of those who work until they die do so because they make dreadful financial decisions throughout their life.

They many simply live above their means and/or never consider saving for retirement.

laugh.gif

Actually , he does touch on the fact that we are being desensitized as men through TV because most men on TV are feminine.
He takes it a little further than that.

I'm jelly, the majority of welfare dependents have nicer things than I do.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You guys amuse me. You're jealous of poor people living in Section 8 housing using outdated flip phones with 250 minutes a month? Are you serious?

Do you guys know any actual poor people? Like in real life? Clearly you don't by these comments you make. I would think people on government assistance are living the good life with how you guys talk.

Explain to me how one just "chooses not to work" and receives all this government assistance. Most of these people are EMPLOYED and do not make enough to make ends meet.

"These leeches need jobs." How are they supposed to get jobs without a phone?! How can employers contact them?! It's easy to look down on those that are less fortunate when mommy and daddy provided you with everything you needed to succeed, but some weren't born with that luxury.

We look down at those under privileged ones that seek out assistance ("entitlements") to survive on the day to day, but champion large corporations that receive billions in subsidies and cuts in order to pay for large bonuses to already ridiculously wealthy executives. And it's incredible how good the amazingly wealthy are adept at getting the amazingly UN wealthy to go along with laws and policies that directly contribute to making those amazingly wealthy even MORE amazingly wealthy. Sickening.

And many of those who work until they die do so because they make dreadful financial decisions throughout their life.

They many simply live above their means and/or never consider saving for retirement.
naw man you got folks that were in real estate and teachers too going broke and about to lose their homes..

:lol:

^ What's wrong with that clip? He tells us about the plastic lining in the juice
boxes and the chemicals and fluoride in our water and sugar drinks. If the man
has the government documents that say they use chemicals to encourage gay
behavior, then how do we know it's not true. You really don't think he can just
show people these right? That's how you get locked up.

Note: That clip is old. Notice he was talking about fluoride back then and now
people are making it an issue.

laugh.gif

^ What's wrong with that clip? He tells us about the plastic lining in the juice
boxes and the chemicals and fluoride in our water and sugar drinks. If the man
has the government documents that say they use chemicals to encourage gay
behavior, then how do we know it's not true. You really don't think he can just
show people these right? That's how you get locked up.
Note: That clip is old. Notice he was talking about fluoride back then and now
people are making it an issue.
The only thing I think is inherently "wrong" with the clip is the notion that the government has a hidden agenda behind the use of BPA in our food packaging.  BPA and fluoride have adverse effects on our endocrine and nervous system, but I feel it has more to do with the government being apathetic than having an ulterior motive.  Besides, why would they be consciously attempting to "feminize" the men that will ultimately be fighting for their causes? Doesn't exactly add up.

P.S.: no publicized documents=no legitimate evidence=not gonna take him at his word. 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You guys amuse me. You're jealous of poor people living in Section 8 housing using outdated flip phones with 250 minutes a month? Are you serious?
Do you guys know any actual poor people? Like in real life? Clearly you don't by these comments you make. I would think people on government assistance are living the good life with how you guys talk.
Explain to me how one just "chooses not to work" and receives all this government assistance. Most of these people are EMPLOYED and do not make enough to make ends meet.
"These leeches need jobs." How are they supposed to get jobs without a phone?! How can employers contact them?! It's easy to look down on those that are less fortunate when mommy and daddy provided you with everything you needed to succeed, but some weren't born with that luxury.
We look down at those under privileged ones that seek out assistance ("entitlements") to survive on the day to day, but champion large corporations that receive billions in subsidies and cuts in order to pay for large bonuses to already ridiculously wealthy executives. And it's incredible how good the amazingly wealthy are adept at getting the amazingly UN wealthy to go along with laws and policies that directly contribute to making those amazingly wealthy even MORE amazingly wealthy. Sickening.
I think it's more nuanced than people believing that those who receive government assistance "live the good life". Many just can't express it any better or don't wish to take the time to write it all out.

Basically, what most people are angered by is the seeming comfort with their situation. If you know there's a floor beneath you, the size of the fire under your *** to go and do something to change your situation gets that much smaller. Many people do their best when their back is up against a wall and a government floor on failure takes away much of that initiative. 

There are many people on government assistance who are comfortable with their situation. I think that angers people the most. That many of those on government assistance do not just see it as a stepping stone.

On the other hand, many are stuck in their positions but it is mostly through personal choices. The majority of the cases consisting of having children at too young an age and being far from financially ready for it. At the end of the day, whose fault is that? At what point does sympathy turn into frustration at the sheet foolishness of some  individuals? Why are some seemingly so unable or unwilling to make responsible choices and/or learn from the experiences of others?

Although corps receiving subsidies is just as wrong, they at least are productive in the economic sense. These major corps employ people who produce goods and services and many people at major corps earn decent incomes. 

Wealth transfers from government do not add to productivity. They merely redistribute it.

Government assistance used to have the goal of helping people escape poverty. The goal now seems to be to help people survive in poverty. Helping people escape poverty was a net benefit to the country. It was like providing CPR to drowning victim.  It was a fix to a temporary problem. Why waste a perfectly good and able body when all it takes is a low cost up front fix (CPR) relative to the future ROI.

Helping people survive in poverty is not a temporary fix because there's no good and able body to save. It becomes an ongoing liability with a negative future ROI. Resources are literally flushed down the toilet.

Last edited:
It's not a matter of being jealous. These people get free handouts and do nothing for society. Why do working people have to support them? **** that

I'm sure we pay for their home phones too so why do they need cell phones now?

Last edited:
This is already common in 27 other states.  Its just that California is such a huge market thats why its garnering the attention.  

son, I'm bout line up and stock up on these. How much you think I'll get if I sell these out of state? I'm on the come up b.

OBEEZY PHONE 4SALE. CALI EXCLUSIVE.

That'll grab the buyers.

CA>NY

:tongue:

giving money to rich (QE, bailouts) - ok
giving money to the poor - not ok

I'm saying, some of yall got life backwards as ****.

throw a fit about the banker snorting up your mortgage on his yacht while youre slaving your life away. not some poor people getting free cellphones that probably cost $20 MAX.

I strongly disagree with people saying cell phones are a "luxury." It's 2012. Payphones and landlines are hardly ever used anymore. Having phone access is incredibly important. How can you get a job without a phone number? How can you contact social services (the people getting these phones are getting other government benefits.) Giving poor people cheap flip phones with limited minutes is hardly nanny state behavior. Some of you NT "libertarians" really need to reassess your anger. Are people poor because they are lazy? Or are people poor because there's a system that keeps them poor?

I think it's more nuanced than people believing that those who receive government assistance "live the good life". Many just can't express it any better or don't wish to take the time to write it all out.

Basically, what most people are angered by is the seeming comfort with their situation. If you know there's a floor beneath you, the size of the fire under your *** to go and do something to change your situation gets that much smaller. Many people do their best when their back is up against a wall and a government floor on failure takes away much of that initiative. 

There are many people on government assistance who are comfortable with their situation. I think that angers people the most. That many of those on government assistance do not just see it as a stepping stone.

On the other hand, many are stuck in their positions but it is mostly through personal choices. The majority of the cases consisting of having children at too young an age and being far from financially ready for it. At the end of the day, whose fault is that? At what point does sympathy turn into frustration at the sheet foolishness of some  individuals? Why are some seemingly so unable or unwilling to make responsible choices and/or learn from the experiences of others?

Although corps receiving subsidies is just as wrong, they at least are productive in the economic sense. These major corps employ people who produce goods and services and many people at major corps earn decent incomes. 
Wealth transfers from government do not add to productivity. They merely redistribute it.

Government assistance used to have the goal of helping people escape poverty. The goal now seems to be to help people survive in poverty. Helping people escape poverty was a net benefit to the country. It was like providing CPR to drowning victim.  It was a fix to a temporary problem. Why waste a perfectly good and able body when all it takes is a low cost up front fix (CPR) relative to the future ROI.

Helping people survive in poverty is not a temporary fix because there's no good and able body to save. It becomes an ongoing liability with a negative future ROI. Resources are literally flushed down the toilet.

Do you know any actual poor people? Serious question.

People deal with it because they have to but no one WANTS to be POOR. Who are these people that just LOOOOVE being on government assistance so much? Show them to me.

Because someone has a child at a young age, they should be destined to live in poverty forever? That's only the case if they're POOR. Bristol Palin is a single mother, but because her mom is rich, it's okay? She doesn't get demonized?

Government assistance isn't really helping anyone get out of poverty. If the government cared about that, more money would go to inner city schools and less towards building prisons. Bottom line, just enough government assistance is given to keep these ones in their situation away from the "productive" members of society. David Simon, creator of the Wire, has an excellent quote about the sizable portion of our population being disposable.

Bottom line is, it's a class discrimination. People hate poor people and come up with all kinds of justifications about why.

and people will still support obama :smh:
A program started by Ronald Reagan to give phones to people on welfare, expanded to include cellphones by George W. Bush really makes Obama such an evil man just because some loud lady in Cleveland dubbed it "Obamaphone".

Whether you support the plan or not, taking shots at Obama for it is laughable.

You guys do know that every utility is heavily government subsidized and that this type of program, already exist with electric and water utilities.

A program started by Ronald Reagan to give phones to people on welfare, expanded to include cellphones by George W. Bush really makes Obama such an evil man just because some loud lady in Cleveland dubbed it "Obamaphone".
Whether you support the plan or not, taking shots at Obama for it is laughable.

That's too much logic for NT.

So y'all hate the fact these people are getting free flip phones, yet hate the fact they're not working. but in order to get a job your probably need a phone to be contacted.

The stuff y'all get mad about the gov't spending tax money on is hilarious. Like somebody said it's like getting pissed off at somebody for stealing from your penny jar, meanwhile somebody else is straight flushing your bank account...but that's okay :lol:

Last edited:
I'm guess most of y'all haven't seen one of these phones, it's a basic flip phone with 200 mins.
Hey but that Ceo using bailout money to cop a new whip is
pimp.gif
This right here ^^^^  /shut it down

But oh wait lets not forget that this program isn't backed by our tax dollars AT ALL

/now shut it down

^ Way to not get the point malik, here let me help.

Free cell phones get poisoned, lethargic, victims of society to vote for you. Along with several other examples of misinformation, false promises or whatever.

You know what I'm talking about. You probably like Obama. What's your reason?

Last edited:
Free cell phones get poisoned, lethargic, victims of society to vote for you. Along with several other examples of misinformation, false promises or whatever.

The program was started by Reagan and expanded by Bush, so how does that fall on Obama?

It doesn't

Stop trolling.

Examples?........like the term "Obamaphone"
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom