Raw Cell Phone Video Of Fatal BART Police Shooting

smh.gif
smh.gif

Cop will walk away just like every other case.......dude should get tried for murder, how you gonna "mistake" your gun for your taser?
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

I don't know what was said in this thread as I didn't read all the responses, but I heard about this when I went home.

Supposedly, the whole thing was a set-up.

The dude got into it with somebody else a couple stops before there and that person called the police.

Because when dude got off the BART train, the cops were already waiting for him.

After the shooting, they said cops was tryna collect all the cell phones and @%$!.

I do not believe this was a mistake or unintentional.

Yall gotta be safe out there and don't bait those cops....they can and will get away with anything.

Also, the Attorney John Burris is a friend of my family... I went to school with his son. He's a good lawyer, but I still don't see this cop gettingpunished.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

bullcrap. a taser is supposed to be on the opposite side of the belt from a handgun. that's another poor excuse.
He may not have had one to begin with, BART police don't issue them to every offer, there's a rotation.

This is the TRANSIT police, not Oakland PD or SF PD.

Originally Posted by AG 47

I don't know what was said in this thread as I didn't read all the responses, but I heard about this when I went home.

The dude got into it with somebody else a couple stops before there and that person called the police.

Because when dude got off the BART train, the cops were already waiting for him.

After the shooting, they said cops was tryna collect all the cell phones and @%$!.

Yall gotta be safe out there and don't bait those cops....they can and will get away with anything.

Also, the Attorney John Burris is a friend of my family... I went to school with his son. He's a good lawyer, but I still don't see this cop getting punished.
Of course they were waiting for them; the original reports stated that people called the police stating there was a fight. BART protocol is forthe train to stop at the next station where the police will be. I'm not shocked that the police would want to confiscate the phones and claim evidence,that is not out of the ordinary.

I don't think he was set up as so much he was a poor defenseless victim at the wrong place at the wrong time.

That would've been awesome if the crowd ran towards that pig and ripped his body into shreds with their bare hands.
When I heard the victim's girls family member talking about how the father will never see his little girl go into kindergarten
graduate high school, go to college or get married I sorta teared up. I hope they fry this mother!$#%!

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Also, the Attorney John Burris is a friend of my family... I went to school with his son. He's a good lawyer, but I still don't see this cop getting
punished.
Of course they were waiting for them; the original reports stated that people called the police stating there was a fight. BART protocol is for the train to stop at the next station where the police will be. I'm not shocked that the police would want to confiscate the phones and claim evidence, that is not out of the ordinary.

I don't think he was set up as so much he was a poor defenseless victim at the wrong place at the wrong time.

You can defend the cop all you want...but growing up in Oakland, I got very little love for the police.

You say it ain't a set-up...alright, what's your take on why the cop shot a defenseless man?

The ignorance on this thread amazes me. SneakerHeathen, i'm sorry but you sound straight stupid with a lot of what you say on these forums.

Also, the Attorney John Burris is a friend of my family... I went to school with his son. He's a good lawyer, but I still don't see this cop getting
punished.
Of course they were waiting for them; the original reports stated that people called the police stating there was a fight. BART protocol is for the train to stop at the next station where the police will be. I'm not shocked that the police would want to confiscate the phones and claim evidence, that is not out of the ordinary.

You can defend the cop all you want...but growing up in Oakland, I got very little love for the police.

You say it ain't a set-up...alright, what's your take on why the cop shot a defenseless man?

what the @%#% are you talking about? explain why you think it's a set up? because the cops got called to arrest them? like lazyj10 stated, it'sprotocol for train to stop at the closes station with police waiting for them to arrive. and i dont see anywhere in lazy's reply where he is defending thecops.

smh.gif
shooting a defenseless person on the ground. It will be such bs if theofficer gets away with anything less than a life sentence.
Now if this was the other way around, that guy "accidentaly" shooting a cop, he'd get ripped apart by bullets right there.

Police...biggest gang in america

punished.

I'm not defending the cop. I find it beyond heinous, callous, disgusting, and ignorant that a man died for NO good reason.

All I'm bringing to the table is INTENT.

You grew up in Oakland, fair enough. However, these are BART police. Not exactly on par with the OPD, Richmond PD, SFPD, or even Pittsburg PD. I feelthere's somewhat a difference since BART police don't typically do or deal with as much, but that's my speculation.

If the officer truly (whether proven or admitted) meant to execute that poor guy then he should be thrown onto the electric 3rd rail. I'm saying Ibelieve, based on what I've seen and read, that there's chance he didn't intend to use a gun and kill the guy.

God, I hope not at least or what has our society truly become. BART police have always had the stigma of being barely a notch above a security guard.

Murder. No other word can describe it. Karma will get this son of a %%!+*, don't worry guys. RIP, the dude didn't even get to live throughout 2009.That is NO good way to die, that was uncalled for, ending somebody's life for no reason. I know that %%*%*@#@#*$% will get what he deserves.

They got a new crime for every cop. involuntary manslaughter. Doesn't seem right to me but there has got to be more to it.

The talk is they believe he thought he was using his taser instead of a pistol.
Believe it or not my uncle is an officer here in Miami and I showed him the vid and I asked could he gotten confused with his taser and he saidnope, "Taser goes on your left gun on right."

If this man walks its just a shame. My uncle even said if hes handcuffed why go further. I guess my uncle is one of the few officers that aren't crooked.He's been in worst situation than any of these cops. DEA, under cover for Miami Beach and also uniform for Miami Beach all under his belt and he has toldme not once has he even have to pull out his gun unless in a scuffle when under one of his under cover/ DEA missions, NEVER in while uniformed.

All I'm saying is, don't put BART police on par with city police...They appear to be many degrees lower on the chain, which I would believe trainingprobably is an indicator of as well.

Originally Posted by eaalto

My condolences to the family...

I seriously hate the Bay Area.
grin.gif
Word?

Upon further review of the videos, I think there may be a slight chance this was a horrible mistake. Not defending him at all, what he did was disgusting andif found guilty should be sentenced like any other person, but I think there may be a sliver of a chance that this really was a mistake. The only thing thatI'm basing this on is the fact that after he shot him, he looked really really surprised and looked at the other officer in shock.

Back
Top Bottom