Reebok Answer IV's August 2012?

For a rec league game tonight haha put my orthos in these and feel nice even though they don't have that OG DMX...

Haha, nice dude. If I had spare money, and the price was lower, I'd cop for sentimental reasons. As it stands, I sold my black/white Answer IV retro because I bought the Georgetown Questions (which actually has the Hexalite tech) and wanted to make some of that money back. I figure the Answers are going to be on sale soon, so I can cop those later (the White/Blue particularly).

Like I said, if it weren't for these shoes, I wouldn't have gotten into the shoe game in 7th grade; these started it all for me, so for that reason, I'm gonna find a way to cop regardless. However, like I've said before, I refuse to give Reebok MORE MONEY than what the originals use to cost for less of a shoe, and will not support them when they choose to release these without SOME KIND of air transfer technology that would at least make the shoe feel like it use to. I don't care what it would've been called, as long as it felt like the original (and put the dang performance sockliner in the Answers IV like you already do in the Questions Reebok...sheesh...)

Just curious but do you buy any NSW retro or JB retro product?

How much lower do you think the Answer IVs will go on sale. Some already at $100, trying to get an all black pair to hoop in for cheap as possible

Ditto. I'm hoping they have sale soon because I need those blk Answer 4's and ES 22's. Baaaad.

Just curious but do you buy any NSW retro or JB retro product?

Naw...the only way I buy Nike or Jordan retros is if they're cheap enough to where it would be criminal to pass them up (talking like 60 bucks I paid for the last pair of J’s I bought, the Air Jordan 2010). The ONLY retros I want from Nike right now are some Air Force 3's and Nike Air 180 Highs (emerald and red pair also). The hypebeast game killed it for me a while ago, so I got sick of supporting companies that put out crap materials for MORE than retail. Gave Reebok a pass for those Gtown Questions though, not only for the nice quality leather (still not OG leather, but close enough), but also because there is a Hexalite bag in the heel you can feel, so they still put what tech they can in the shoes I guess....

Just not the most important shoes of my life lmao.....

Last edited:
Naw...the only way I buy Nike or Jordan retros is if they're cheap enough to where it would be criminal to pass them up (talking like 60 bucks I paid for the last pair of J’s I bought, the Air Jordan 2010). The ONLY retros I want from Nike right now are some Air Force 3's and Nike Air 180 Highs (emerald and red pair also). The hypebeast game killed it for me a while ago, so I got sick of supporting companies that put out crap materials for MORE than retail. Gave Reebok a pass for those Gtown Questions though, not only for the nice quality leather (still not OG leather, but close enough), but also because there is a Hexalite bag in the heel you can feel, so they still put what tech they can in the shoes I guess....

Just not the most important shoes of my life lmao.....

Ok so you're a cost-conscious consumer. I had to ask because you seem super critical of Reebok's offerings while NSW/JB retro put out some stuff that's essentially a slap in the face in terms of quality and materials.

Ok so you're a cost-conscious consumer. I had to ask because you seem super critical of Reebok's offerings while NSW/JB retro put out some stuff that's essentially a slap in the face in terms of quality and materials.
I figured that's where you were going with it lol. Yea, don't care about the company, just care about the end product...

Had the black/white GS pair when I was 12.. 10/11 years later I finally got the pair I was always obsessed with... Although they're a stripped down versin of the OG, they're still awesome in comparison to other brands... Here's an on foot look if anyone's curious

The materials change, but the cushioning tech is still there...

It's kind of sad to see these sitting places. It makes me want to pull the trigger but I just can't make myself do it.

I figured that's where you were going with it lol. Yea, don't care about the company, just care about the end product...

Cool bro, and no beef at all intended with my question(s). Based on your comments I'll wait for Reebok Canada to mark these joints to less than $100 before I'll grab a pair.

*Beer*

The materials change, but the cushioning tech is still there...

It's kind of sad to see these sitting places. It makes me want to pull the trigger but I just can't make myself do it.

Ain't nothing wrong with patience my man. Before these 'sneakerheads' ruined the 'game' - it was the norm to wait for some kind of sale or promo.

Ain't nothing wrong with patience my man. Before these 'sneakerheads' ruined the 'game' - it was the norm to wait for some kind of sale or promo.
I think u just contradicted your self, u said patience is key but you also said it WAS the norm
So its not really going to work if you wait i think the lowest itll get is probably $80 and at that point they probably dont have your size

^^^
I read and re-read what I originally wrote and the second sentence essentially adds some context to the first. I don't see anything contradictory and would you agree that $80 is less than $100?

No, it's not sad to see them sitting for that. It's sad because I want them but don't want to pay more then $20 for them because I know they would be horrible to ball in and wish they didn't even bring them out. :lol:

Man I ended up copping too after seeing how quick they were going.  I went in the mall and tried on the blue pair in a lower size than my black/white retro I had picked up (that I ended up selling on eBay), and the DMX felt different in those.  It was almost like there was air in it, but just a slimmer version but still kind of comfortable actually, and when I checked Sneaker Politics only had 2 sizes left, I didn't have a choice lol....

how they feel? be real

With the orthotics I didn't feel like they were awful, but definitely not something I'd hoop in regularly haha. Definitely a clunker, and that's probably because I've been playing in Kobe 8s since last December so the comparison between the two also makes it feel that much worse. I'm not saying you can't hoop in them every now and then, but I think these are gonna be better for casual more than anything else. Might hoop outdoors with them though...

Back
Top Bottom