Remember when this was the hottest phone on the block...

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

smh.gif
@ some people posting all these crappy new phones that wasn't even popular...

my very first phone in 2000 @!#. it was prepaid but still
pimp.gif

h83.jpg

then i got the star tac for my bday when i was in 9th grade but lost it in a month
frown.gif
switched upto the timeport and that was the greatest phone ever
motorola_timeport_p8097.jpg
(the model before the black screen)
pimp.gif

and then from then on i had some crappy verizon phones (and i'm sure people remember how crappy verizon phones were back in like 02+)

this one was probably the biggest hit in HS...all the thugs had one with like clear housing and light up antanna and flashing battery...sadly my parents wouldn't get me a nextel...
eyes.gif

Nextel-i90C.jpg
I posted the 8290 a few pages back, I had 3 of them two red and one blue

prob. my favorite phone ive ever owned
pimp.gif
on my 21st Bday I was living inOcean City, MD and I was so hammered I fell off my back dock into the bay with it in my pocket, that was 8290 #2
laugh.gif

^haha yea i had the blue one wit a extra red faceplate. i would switch them up whenever i get bored and it felt like i had a brand new phone...

my snake highscore was 800 something if i remember correctly...

Originally Posted by oidreez

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

motorola.jpg

/thread
pimp.gif
my pops had one and when he stopped using it i took it and even though i couldnt make calls on it, i still carried ti in high school

laugh.gif
smokin.gif
I thought I was the only one. In like 9th grade I bought one for like a dubjust to carry around and put numbers in.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by henz0

v100.jpg
I bought one of those off ebay
laugh.gif
. Seems like a million years ago
frown.gif

+1. I used to shut it DOWN with this phone. Her: "Whats that you got there? Me: you know how these lames got 2 ways? I got a 3 way. I text AND makecalls." Her: "well if you are doing all that, here's my number."
laugh.gif

Had the startac in black and a few more phones in this thread, like the i860 on Nextel. Great memories.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by areyouin729

I swear this was the most popular phone back in the day

changeable faceplates was the biggest thing popping
laugh.gif

Nokia 5160...classic
2sadjxh.jpg

I knew it was going to be about that phone before I even opened up the thread. Still have a few laying around the house. Me and

my buddies all had that phone. Only way to tell apart was the different color faceplates.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BritEyes12

Originally Posted by BMW 7 series

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

motorola.jpg

/thread
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
These were for the ballers, businessmen, entrepreneurs. You knew you made when you had one of these.

My dad had one of those bad boys and i thought it was the coolest thing ever.
laugh.gif
star-tac - nobody could touch you with one of these. i think the wolf shirt's genealogy lines run back to the star tac.

just saw this brief recap of the evolution of cell phones (turn down the sound if the music annoys you)

Originally Posted by areyouin729

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

i thought it was gunna b a nokia as well...but i never felt like any specific nokia model reached razor status in popularity.

anyone remember this

motorola-v60.jpg
that was the next big one followed by this....

first color screen phone if I remember...SMH at myself for dropping like $400 on this back in late 2002 in college
6jjdj9.jpg
Yes!!! My first phone was the Motorola T720. I also remember that Nokia, the StarTAC, and the V60...

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

i thought it was gunna b a nokia as well...but i never felt like any specific nokia model reached razor status in popularity.

anyone remember this

motorola-v60.jpg
I had that phone...along with a lot of other really old school Motorola's. I never had any of those nextel phones though. I chirp annoyed me.

Nokia3360.jpg

Now that I think about it this was my first cell phone.... I remember trying for a long ##* time to make ringtones on the lil music thing it had on there....The first one I made was snoop dogg - g's and hustlaz
laugh.gif

that/thread/ when it came out att let me cop it two weeks before it came out to the public. and the $$@% had EVERYTHING.pics were SO CLEAR/ and it made bids.iwas that dude for a year with that phone
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom