Social Anxiety?

Has anyone else experience this? ive basically been a shy/quiet kid my entire life and it really bothers me
its something that i always want to change but i just cant its just who i am.
like, im scared to talk to people, even my closest friends. im scared to go out in public and see someone that i know
i cant hold a conversation with someone, especially a girl. im a senior in high school, and i neverrr participate in class, im even scared to ask a teacher a question.
i want to be normal but idk how. i just took some test online lol http://www.socialanxietys....com/disorder/liebowitz/
it looks kinda legit to me.. and getting over a 95 = very severe social phobia... i got a 106.
im really tired of this ruining my life has anyone gone thru this b4?

I scored a 59, damn 106? Did you enter severe for every situation? I don't know how old you are OP, but when I went away for college, those two years forced me into many situations. I normally like to keep to myself and consider myself an introvert but when I have to I come out of my shell. It's hard but you kind of have to put yourself out there and not give a damn about how you think others perceive you. %^$@ em. No shame in being a calm guy though, don't let life pass you by.

How the hell does he do it? Took him one minute to recognize the new thread and retrieve two threads to post on here. Mind blown/

Originally Posted by AceMaster193

How the hell does he do it? Took him one minute to recognize the new thread and retrieve two threads to post on here. Mind blown/
I think he keeps a tab open 24/7 dedicated to Niketalk Search bar and references it immediately.

Originally Posted by ElCatfisho

I think he keeps a tab open 24/7 dedicated to Niketalk Search bar and references it immediately.
he's a bot

edit: to the OP what do you mean your scared to talk to people including your close friends? how did they become your close friends?

Originally Posted by smellyginger

he's a bot

edit: to the OP what do you mean your scared to talk to people including your close friends? how did they become your close friends?

SHUT UP YOU GUYS ARE MEAN AS HELL

but yo i jsut took that test o_0

28(fear) + 45(avoidance) = 73
You have marked social anxiety.

The scoring scale:
    55-65 Moderate social phobia
    65-80 Marked social phobia
    80-95 Severe social phobia
    Greater than 95 - Very severe social phobia

I got a 13. That can't be right.
laugh.gif

I usually get social anxiety when I'm high.

i got a 63. thought it wouldve been higher. i think ive been getting through the years just by putting myself out there more. there was a time in my life i wouldnt want to come outside to see my friends, but that was partly due to how self conscious i was over my acne.

got a 55, probably woulda got 90 a few years ago...gettin better
yeah OP, like acemaster said, you gotta throw yourself in these situations and get used to it. Occasionally you'll learn to not be so uptight and let things go...remember, nobody really cares at the end of the day

I used to be deathly afraid of venturing out of my comfort zone. The whole of 10th and 11th grade, I would get so worried/scared/anxious before everyday of school that I used to vomit before class. I was never even bullied or ostracized either, I don't really know the exact cause, but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with a girl I liked. Anyways, as I got older, I slowly got over it and now I can do pretty much anything without getting worked up over it, eg. Overseas trips by myself, conversations with women, speaking in public, etc.

It's definitely a mind over matter thing.

Im a senior in high school too and i never participate in class. Even if i know the answer i just dont. If the teacher picks on me for some reason my face will just turn completely red. Ive always been like this :/ .

Heres my score:
37(fear) + 47(avoidance) = 84
You have severe social phobia.

Im not really going to my 2nd period class because the teacher likes to pick on students at random and i just dont feel like getting caught up in it
sick.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

laugh.gif

this... i swear it feels like everyone knows im fricken baked and theyre judging me.. feelsbadman 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by megatron

he's a bot

SHUT UP YOU GUYS ARE MEAN AS HELL
roll.gif

But surprisingly, I got a 52. 
nerd.gif

pimp.gif
 But this test is obviously inadequate, because I have severe social anxiety. I do handle it well however because I have an amazing poker face. So just because I don't avoid situations doesn't mean I don't have social anxiety. This test told me "You don't have social anxiety" 
indifferent.gif

It's worse for me in a grocery store. I hate it. What makes grocery stores even worse is that I won't put anything in my shopping cart without studying the ingredients. And then you have to compare prices, divide the price by the servings etc. I guess that wouldn't be "social" anxiety??

Originally Posted by buggz05

roll.gif

nerd.gif

pimp.gif
 But this test is obviously inadequate, because I have severe social anxiety. I do handle it well however because I have an amazing poker face. So just because I don't avoid situations doesn't mean I don't have social anxiety. This test told me "You don't have social anxiety" 
indifferent.gif

It's worse for me in a grocery store. I hate it. What makes grocery stores even worse is that I won't put anything in my shopping cart without studying the ingredients. And then you have to compare prices, divide the price by the servings etc. I guess that wouldn't be "social" anxiety??

I actually got the same score, and i do the same thing at the grocery store. That ain't no social anxiety, that's being watchful of what you put in your body. But who cares about these labels tho, if you don't check store labels, throwing things in your cart, they will say u got ADHD and so on. IMO 9 times out of 10 this is just a ploy to sell medication.  I do agree though, that test was bunz.

Man, I got this @#*! after I started smoking weed. Even though I stopped a few years ago, I have anxiety for everything.

It's ruining my life.
30t6p3b.gif

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]54(fear) + 54(avoidance) = 108[/font]
[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Looks like i should see a shrink with you OP lolol.  [/font]

I avoid a lot of social situations that they listed.  Not because i am really in fear just because i dislike people.  I know i am introverted though.  I make calculated decisions with everything in my life.  So I avoid a lot of these situations because in my head i can conclude that they will minimally benefit my day/life.  I only interact when i find it to be completely beneficial to me and to my counterpart.  I don't see anything wrong with that....apparently Dr. Liebowitz does. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by YO GetOFFmyKickZ

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

laugh.gif

this... i swear it feels like everyone knows im fricken baked and theyre judging me.. feelsbadman 
ohwell.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 Thought I was the only one 
6(fear) + 17(avoidance) = 23  

nerd.gif
 .. Despite what this test says, I much rather spend time alone than going out and engaging in meaningless, unstimulating conversation.

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Originally Posted by buggz05

roll.gif

nerd.gif

pimp.gif
indifferent.gif

I actually got the same score, and i do the same thing at the grocery store. That ain't no social anxiety, that's being watchful of what you put in your body. But who cares about these labels tho, if you don't check store labels, throwing things in your cart, they will say u got ADHD and so on. IMO 9 times out of 10 this is just a ploy to sell medication.  I do agree though, that test was bunz.

Nah I got mad social anxiety in the grocery store. I was saying the ingredient checks make the social anxiety worse, because grocery shopping is a 2 hour ordeal for me. I only shop around midnight or after, because I can't stand being around so many people.

I definitely have it too. I hate being the center of attention (like if someone asks me a question in class or a large group). I even hate waiting in line at stores with lines behind me, or people approaching me without me being aware of it. I have whole slew of situations that aggravate the anxiety. Strange thing is I was always a clown growing up and loved the attention. Somewhere along the line I lost confidence in myself and it was all downhill from there. I take Klonipin regularly, you just can't go OD with it because if has a long life and you don't want to develop a tolerance or the drug loses it's effectiveness. 

Back
Top Bottom