THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I completely understand, in the heat of it when you come across somthing like that it always gets that fight or flight juice pumping in the veins. Ive been there. Its never worth it though. Just keep doing you man, aint no thing but a chicken wing??? :lol:
yea u right

Found these online, not sure if they've been posted.

Really like the look of these Detail's, pry be my next pickup to go with masterpieces.  Told myself to be more selective with my Kobe purchases this year with the higher price, went a little bit overboard with the 8's last year.

they look kinda cool with the cuffed jeans

I never really appreciated the nola's until I saw them with the collar tucked. they are flamesssssss

and how long has ali g been on NT? :lol: :nerd:

Since they dropped the elites first does that mean there isn't going to be an option to get the shoe with zoom air like they did with the 8 elite?

Ok now I'm a beleiber

Those pics make me like the Details way more than I did

Those johns is stupid nice

Super untouchable, did you use the stock laces? I can't for the life of me tie the laces up to the lace hole because it's too short and I measured them too and it's 64 inches

Seems most want the details already, hopefully it's just us NTers on RD....right

Im still going with the Perspectives..

I was just doing a quick reassessment on my opinion of the Details..

I was iffy on them, but now I do appreciate them more..

dont get me wrong, I have a pair and im diggin these shoes, but after analyzing the flyknit material, seems like the flyknit on these arent really even used for what flyknit purpose was intended for?  The flyknit on the outside looks dope, but the inside is covered by a layer similar material to the kobe 4s, like a plastic shell,  doesn't that defeat the purpose of flyknit?  Comparing to flyknit lunar 1s, the flyknit has holes for breathability and the ability to stretch and mold to a foot.  

Im too big of a kobe fan for this to really matter I guess, but seems like the flyknit is just for looks on the kobes.   I could be wrong...if anyone has a thoughts would love to hear opinions. 

^^^Thats exactly what I thought when I hooped in my pair. It felt like the flyknit was just wrapped around a plastic shell and didn't really service its purpose...Didn't feel like any of the other flyknits that I own. Maybe because it is a hoop shoe, built to be more durable. I'll give it a little more time. I definitely love this shoe, best Kobe performance wise for me.

lakers29 lakers29

one of the main purposes of flyknit is to lower, if not limit, waste materials.

another purpose if flyknit is lightweight construction with durability.

there's a noticeable thickness difference between flyknit racers and flyknit trainers.

there's no way you can play basketball in the flyknit on racers, trainers, or lunars.

it would make sense that the flyknit engineered for basketball is more durable due to the vigorous nature of movement required of elite athletes.

I'm not mad that it isn't really flyknit. I love the 8's but one thing about them is if someone steps or jumps on your foot, it hurts like a ***** and that's with EM. flyknit hoop shoes would cause too many injuries

Last edited:
@lakers29

one of the main purposes of flyknit is to lower, if not limit, waste materials.

another purpose if flyknit is lightweight construction with durability.

there's a noticeable thickness difference between flyknit racers and flyknit trainers.

there's no way you can play basketball in the flyknit on racers, trainers, or lunars.

it would make sense that the flyknit engineered for basketball is more durable due to the vigorous nature of movement required of elite athletes.
Thanks for the insight.  Def agree bball flyknit should be extra strong,  a flyknit running shoe would rip after a week of ball.  Just weird to me that its coated with that plastic under.  but might be necessary.

Last edited:
Maaaan I might end up with all three of the march releases. Especially if I don't find the MPs for close to retail.

Maaaan I might end up with all three of the march releases. Especially if I don't find the MPs for close to retail.
i've thought about selling my extra pair of Devotion.  I've been offered $400 locally, but i really have my eyes on the Details.  I'll probably use the Devotions as trade bait

Not feeling any other colorway

I want the perspectives since I struck out on MP and ASG. Gonna grab the Inspirations and hold them as insurance if Perspectives elude me. All of this assumes March colors easier to get.

Back
Top Bottom