The Official True Blood Season 5 Thread: First Episode Sunday, June 10th

I think Alan Ball was saying they were done with making Tara the victim.
I don't want them to make her more pissed off and vengeful now that she has power though.
Pam can teach her some snark and that idgaf attitude.
Maybe they'll pick up her cage fighting angle again. Cage fighting vampire
pimp.gif

I just hate her character all the time. When she's the victim, when she's talking tough, when she's in a relationship, when she speaks, when I see her on my TV. I even disliked the flashback to young Tara.. even she annoyed me.

^^^ I pretty much agree. I can't recall any instances in any of the last two season when I think there's a "good" Tara on screen. Maybe we were reading too much into it, but based on the season preview they showed after EP 1, my brother and I were saying it looked like Tara is extra bloodthirsty/agressive as a vampire. Like she isn't quite right because she got turned when half her face was blown off.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I just hate her character all the time. When she's the victim, when she's talking tough, when she's in a relationship, when she speaks, when I see her on my TV. I even disliked the flashback to young Tara.. even she annoyed me.

laugh.gif
 My face during that scene

tyler-the-creator-odd-future-mtv-vmas.jpg

her and young Sookie.

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Originally Posted by Big J 33

laugh.gif
 My face during that scene

tyler-the-creator-odd-future-mtv-vmas.jpg

her and young Sookie.

Tara sucks 
laugh.gif
.  I wonder if the people on the show know how much fans hate her character and wish she stayed dead.
If I was Sam I would've shifted into a tiger or something badass and fought the whole werewolf pack.  He's not that creative.  He usually turns into that small dog or a bird and flies away.

ive heard so much about this show but i have no idea what it is about. Can anyone give me a quick overview on what to expect?

^ I think he can only shift into something nearby
I remember he turned into that giant ox or whatever the hell it was with horns and impaled that demigod woman who had all the orgies.  Maybe Sam just lacks imagination or is boring.
Hate Tara.  Vampire Tara seems even more annoying.

Is Russell the most powerful vampire right now?  I would think that the chancellors sitting at the table would be pretty strong also.  I want to see Stabler punch him in the face.

Originally Posted by shogun

ServeChilled81 wrote:

Is Russell the most powerful vampire right now?  I would think that the chancellors sitting at the table would be pretty strong also.  I want to see Stabler punch him in the face.

Looks like it. Godric is the second oldest we've seen thus far I belive. I doubt anyone of the Authority is older than Eric. 

So why did they torture Eric and Bill? I thought they were against mainstream but at the end they said they were for it?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Executive76

ServeChilled81 wrote:

Looks like it. Godric is the second oldest we've seen thus far I belive. I doubt anyone of the Authority is older than Eric. 

So Russell was even older than Godric?  I wish Godric was still around.  He was a cool character.  So I guess the people at the table aren't necessarily the strongest physically, but have the most political pull.  Probably why they're letting Eric and Bill try to handle Russell.
Hope they didn't give Nora the true death 
frown.gif

anyone here watch American Horror Story? I thought the burned vamp in the cell next to Bill and Eric
was the same burned guy from AHS, I go to imdb and it turns out the burned guy from AHS is played by the
same actor that plays Russell. I never even noticed it was him on AHS.

Originally Posted by CaptainKicks

So why did they torture Eric and Bill? I thought they were against mainstream but at the end they said they were for it?
nerd.gif
because they killed Nan

anyone here watch American Horror Story? I thought the burned vamp in the cell next to Bill and Eric
was the same burned guy from AHS, I go to imdb and it turns out the burned guy from AHS is played by the
same actor that plays Russell. I never even noticed it was him on AHS.
Yeah, I forgot about that.  Maybe his burned face threw you off.  Plus he has a really stupid haircut on True Blood.

Season so far is meh.

Too much Tara, shes the worst.

Cousin Terry's story is the only thing that intrigues me so far.

Honestly Sookie gotta have some kind of magical poon to have all these powerful dudes at her beck and calling

Jason and his teacher was 
eek.gif
 ... To me it made no sense and the writers are trying to capitalize on the current student-teacher relationships that have been the news. It's really a hard stretch to believe that as a star football player his teacher was his first when he was like 15-16

I get what they're trying to do with Tara's character, but if they were gonna make her a strong fighter then why cut short the women mma arc she had. I could already tell Pam is going to take her under her wing and make her a mixture of Jessica and Pam. It's like they give her character the redemption she needs, then turns her back into an unlikeable mess over and over again.

Pam as a former madam was
eek.gif
 and 
eyes.gif
 ... Then when she slit her wrist I was like 
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
 .. Pam is another character with no redeeming qualities currently .. I was like ok they're showing Bill and his maker, to tie in how long Eric has known and hated Bill, and Eric's whole speech about being a maker would light a bulb in Pam that she needs  to do something about Tara but NOPE doesn't happen

Overall the show is still a mess, I still dislike Sookie and her seemingly "dazzling" poon that bewitches all guys she comes across

But man Jessica in that field " I smell flowers, fresh baked bread and ................... and sex" 
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

Honestly Sookie gotta have some kind of magical poon to have all these powerful dudes at her beck and calling

Jason and his teacher was 
eek.gif
 ... To me it made no sense and the writers are trying to capitalize on the current student-teacher relationships that have been the news. It's really a hard stretch to believe that as a star football player his teacher was his first when he was like 15-16

I get what they're trying to do with Tara's character, but if they were gonna make her a strong fighter then why cut short the women mma arc she had. I could already tell Pam is going to take her under her wing and make her a mixture of Jessica and Pam. It's like they give her character the redemption she needs, then turns her back into an unlikeable mess over and over again.

Pam as a former madam was
eek.gif
 and 
eyes.gif
 ... Then when she slit her wrist I was like 
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
 .. Pam is another character with no redeeming qualities currently .. I was like ok they're showing Bill and his maker, to tie in how long Eric has known and hated Bill, and Eric's whole speech about being a maker would light a bulb in Pam that she needs  to do something about Tara but NOPE doesn't happen

Overall the show is still a mess, I still dislike Sookie and her seemingly "dazzling" poon that bewitches all guys she comes across

But man Jessica in that field " I smell flowers, fresh baked bread and ................... and sex" 
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif

solid analysis. i had similar complaints after last season ended. the show can be fun to watch. but im going to wait till we are half way thru to make a preliminary judgement. can't call out a season only after 3 eps. with that said...

jason's teacher...those nipples
devil.gif

tara turning vampire is interesting, but obviously there hasn't been a significant plot use for her yet. im guessing that comes down the road...maybe she comes to terms with it? maybe she comes to terms with sookie/lafayette for doing what they did?

if sookie's box is so irresistible, then for god's sake show her getting face planted more. i want to see her nekkid getting her back destroyed on some
Chris-Bosh-NBA-Championship-Celebration-Funny-Photo.jpg
type steez...HBO already writes her as being the center of every dude's life. might as well show her being the center of every dude's thrust, pause.

Pam is one of the best characters on the show. Her writing has always been entertainment, next to lafayette's. i cosign her.

eric and bill taking on the former king is
grin.gif
. russel need only pimp slap them and KO. interested to see how they plan on dealing with that.

alcide x sookie
grin.gif
idk about this so ill keep it moving for now.

..i never saw the hype about jessica until this past eps. her body in that short tight pink dress was
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
devil.gif
. she officially has my vote now.

the going is slow...hopefully the show picks up. these little cliffhangers each eps ends at are meh at best.

***this is the first eps where the same female characters smashes 3 diff dudes within the 45 min time spot. shorty beat out sookie for most @@@%@. o well yol...nm

Stabler getting sloppy thirds 
laugh.gif
sick.gif
This season has been slow so far but I still like it better than the witch storyline last season.  Not to mention marney (I think that's her name) was hideous to look at 
sick.gif

Jason's scene with his teacher was weird and awkward.  I would've gotten in that again though instead of leaving.  Looks like he wants to be celibate for a while.  It'll last a day or two.

Originally Posted by Executive76

So Russell was even older than Godric?  I wish Godric was still around.  He was a cool character.  So I guess the people at the table aren't necessarily the strongest physically, but have the most political pull.  Probably why they're letting Eric and Bill try to handle Russell.
Hope they didn't give Nora the true death 
frown.gif

The chancellor lady who boned both Eric and Bill said she was 2,000yrs old which makes her older than Eric...

Back
Top Bottom