The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I only played Virtual Boy a couple times and it was at a kiosk in Sears of all places. Thought the Wario game they had was fun but even after 10-15 minutes I was dizzy and little disoriented after finishing up. Knew that thing was doomed from the jump and no one I knew in school had one (was in elementary at the time).

My boy in elementary had the Game Gear and I remember him always having to stock up on AA batteries lol. It did have some good games though, Shinobi was one of my favorites.

giphy.gif

Man Sega Channel was great. How exactly did it go away? Seemed like it just happened out of no where

Man Sega Channel was great. How exactly did it go away? Seemed like it just happened out of no where

The Sega Channel never really got the amount of subscribers they were hoping for plus the Genesis had already faded in oblivion by the time the Sega Channel was discontinued.

I've had that game for years but still can't find the case and instruction manual in the wild, is it rare or something. Seriously, it's been years lol.

Bully? It’s like a 10-15 game. Thinking of getting rid of my ps2 copy for a Hd Xbox version, along with a few other games with hd versions

But I hope it’s not the mobile game. Gta San Andreas recently got bc but it’s the mobile game even if you got the original disc

Bully? It’s like a 10-15 game. Thinking of getting rid of my ps2 copy for a Hd Xbox version, along with a few other games with hd versions

I know it's not a pricey game but I've never ever come across it, not once. I just need the case and instructions but can't even complete it.

Stopped by my game store to trade in a few Nintendo DS games I found yesterday. I got $40, not bad considering I only paid $6 for the lot.

Stopped by my game store to trade in a few Nintendo DS games I found yesterday. I got $40, not bad considering I only paid $6 for the lot.

Local retro gaming stores are always the true MVPs.............granted, buying stuff from the actual ends up being a devil's bounty pricewise if you're trying to get a popular game from back in the day (literally every popular Gamecube game of all time).

But trade-ins......always the best with the retro stores

I like trading at gamestop, check their ads and use their promos and ur never getting ripped off. I always check their prices. once I hit on a few copies of mario kart Wii sold em at gamestop $25 cash on each one...also they paid like $10 for cars Ds lmao traded that one in as well once. Black ops Ds trades for a lot as well.Ds and Wii games trade in values are always high.

Also they got some good retro game prices if u think about it. Too bad I like complete in box games but they got mario sunshine for like $25

I used to play on my genesis so much it was cool to me because it’s 3d look compared to other games

Also never finished. But I had the hd remix on 360 I wish they would bring all those hd remix games back they had a tony hawk hd as well

I like trading at gamestop, check their ads and use their promos and ur never getting ripped off. I always check their prices. once I hit on a few copies of mario kart Wii sold em at gamestop $25 cash on each one...also they paid like $10 for cars Ds lmao traded that one in as well once. Black ops Ds trades for a lot as well.Ds and Wii games trade in values are always high.

Also they got some good retro game prices if u think about it. Too bad I like complete in box games but they got mario sunshine for like $25

I usually rely on Gamestop for the more modern/recent stuff...........I swap out my NBA 2Ks every year at Gamestop for this reason. It also helps that I still have a Power Up Pro Rewards membership with them.

Retro games are a hit-or-miss at local Gamestops, primarily 'cuz the oldest **** they have their are basically your Wii and DS games. I will not lie though, they do have better prices on pre-owned Wii classics than the Retro Gaming Stores.........but that's 'cuz the Retro Gaming Stores make sure to get the "best condition" version of the games on their store racks primarily (they do still accept "average" condition game cartridges/discs, but you literally will have to ask for them to pull it from their storage drawers).

I don't trust Gamestop.com one bit for buying games........old OR new. I would rather see a pre-owned game physically in my hand before I make the commitment to drop money on those guys. I'm not FOR buying the **** first.......then putting the time-and-effort to "re-ship" the item back to Gamestop if the thing sucks.

Yes they'll reimburse me for shipping, but I'm too lazy to put the damn time and effort to repackage the **** back to the US Post Office/Fed Ex Office.

U can return any retro game straight to ur local gamestop it’s policy they got to take them. I only do it when it benefits me tho or the trade in value is the same as if selling it. This way I avoid selling fees

U can return any retro game straight to ur local gamestop it’s policy they got to take them. I only do it when it benefits me tho or the trade in value is the same as if selling it. This way I avoid selling fees

Meh........I make more money trading old games/accessories at a local store than Gamestop's "dirty discount" trade-ins. No way Gamestop was going to give me $30 trade-in credit for an old controller compared to a Retro Store like Game Over Video Games.

I legit got $7 for trading in Quest 64 at that retro store, whereas Gamestop would've just gave me a damn penny.

Back
Top Bottom