Tips on dealing with social awkwardness/anxiety?

Last edited:
:lol: wish I could help you OP, but I'm the exact same way. I particularly have trouble looking people in the eye for extended periods of time

Fake it till you make it. In your head you should constantly reassure yourself that you are the man no matter what anyone else says or thinks. With enough practice and persistence, this thought eventually becomes a legitimate belief. Muhammad Ali said it himself, "I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was."

You want to change.

Look at yourself from someone else's perspective.

Are you an interesting person?

If you aren't, you gotta start reading. Become enlightened on anything and everything.

This will help you keep a convo going. Interesting convos atleast...

Accept that you have flaws... just like everybody else.

Disregard what everybody thinks!

Get the **** off of social networks!

Make small talk...

I used to think that small talk was a bunch of bs... now I realize its importance!

Practice talking/keeping a convo while taking a shower.

Practice with uglier broads.

You can talk about "nothing" and still make it sound interesting. Step yo vocab game up!

Talk to yourself in the mirror and practice on the whole keeping eye contact thing. You don't have to keep eye contact all the ******g time, but you do have to make eye contact.

With all that said, you won't change until you are content with who you ultimately are.

I agree on fake it til you make it, there was a point in time where I did that and it was pretty awesome cause I was doing things I would've never done a couple months ago. I also suggest getting a part-time job where you have to interact with people, teach you how to read body language and to keep people calm, ya know?

this is where good friends come into play. easiest way to lighten up and be yourself 

just try and convince them to go out and do something one of these days. even if you guys just stand in your own little group, at least youll be out there. eventually, youll have a reason to talk to someone else and it gets easier from there 

It seems a lot of your threads contradict your username...that said I also need this thread.

Carry on, OP.  Carry on.

I'd say embrace that awkwardness, youd be surprised how many people cant stand silience.

They start doing ish,looking around, checking their phone, leave.

If Im alone Im chillin, no worries being alone. I choose to be alone, thats the difference.

Like Patt said balance is key, know when to be introverted, know when to be extroverted.

I consider myself an extroverted introvert.

Like someone said find your flaws. Whether it be on topics to talk about, actually talking, or internal probs.

Find out how to fix it.

i use to  mumble, I started to focus on clearity in my voice.

I would say what I was gonna say in my head, calm down,then say it. Problem fixed.

Work on it anytime you can.

Last edited:
You care way too much, this is like your billionth thread about things like this.

Maybe you try too hard, embrace who you are(introvert) and maybe situations will come easier.

You pretty attractive just chill and stop wanting it sooooooo bad.

Just vibe.

Don't worry what others think about you because they're probably worried what you think about them :nerd:

Give yourself a chance :pimp:

I think you guys oddly enough are overvaluing yourselves in social interactions. You think that people care enough to a point where you are second guessing yourselves and over thinking. People dont care about you bruhs. That girl that you psyched yourself out of approaching isn't going to remember you in an hour because she would have turned down four other dudes since then. The moment that you realize that humans are selfish self absorbed creatures you will be fine. Nobody flat out cares that can be a incredibly sad thing or an empowering thing. Ultimately none of your experiences or interactions matter outside of you. Stop thinking that everyone is watching and judging and start acting like youre on limites time.

Last edited:
Simple answer fix whatever it is that makes you feel insecure if its fixable. If it isn't just have to make realize it can't be changed. That's what most people's problems come from if you think about it. It's not like most people don't interact with people so that's why I think for most people its based on some insecurity that is fixable for most people. Thank you for your kind daps ebook coming soon lol

I think you guys oddly enough are overvaluing yourselves in social interactions. You think that people care enough to a point where you are second guessing yourselves and over thinking. People dont care about you bruhs. That girl that you psyched yourself out of approaching isn't going to remember you in an hour because she would have turned down four other dudes since then. The moment that you realize that humans are selfish self absorbed creatures you will be fine. Nobody flat out cares that can be a incredibly sad thing or an empowering thing. Ultimately none of your experiences or interactions matter outside of you. Stop thinking that everyone is watching and judging and start acting like youre on limites time.

Preach

I always tell my friends "aint nobody checking for you boo"
Basically no one cares to even notice your "awkwardness"

I am a proud introvert but I know how to talk people ( most of the time) because I dont care.

I used to evaluate every little situation and feel so awkward and replay situations and come up with different scenarios on how it could have been better.
Think about something before I say it, role-play on what could happen, like a little lame :lol:
But I started talking to people who were there at my "awkward moments" and they hit me with "oh for real, I didnt even notice"

It isnt easy but get into the mind frame of not caring how you come across to people.
Caring makes you hesitate and hesitating makes you lose opportunities and this goes with all aspects in life, not just dating.

"Aint nobody checking for you boo"

You care way too much, this is like your billionth thread about things like this.

Maybe you try too hard, embrace who you are(introvert) and maybe situations will come easier.

You pretty attractive just chill and stop wanting it sooooooo bad.

Just vibe.
Like i've been saying.. Just accept who you are.

There's no magical words we can tell you that's going to just propel you into a wonderful life of flawless extroversion.

If that's what you want to be, prepare for a lot more awkwardness to come as the only thing that's going to teach you to stop being weird is by continuing to place yourself into awkward situations and learning what not to say, and what not to do.

Best of luck bruh.

And stop fapping.

u so pie bruh man up.

you will be the life of the party then the irony will hit you. get off NT and get sum sunlight

Op are you afraid to offend people? Is there anyone in your life in particular who makes you feel uncomfortable/intimidated?

For example your parents.. can you confidently speak to your dad/mom and look them in the eye? Or are you awkward with them also

i was the same a couple years ago. Practice talking to random people itll help and dont think too much about what you say. People will either like u or hate u, at least theyll notice u. 

Da underlying dilemma here is people who are

introverted tend to be real methodical in da way they

Carry themselves... Its great cuz its a reflection of

Intelligence and a due diligence to not eff up in your

Approach to life, da problem lies when it hinders

Everything you do because you're always second

guessing whatever you attempt to do. My advice?

Dont be afraid to fail, failure is something that people

Overdramatize as bad, when in reality its life's

biggest teachers. You already have a mind that is

Self aware, that is already thinking twice as hard as

Da typical human, thats a GIFT, trust me when i say

SO many people lack da ability of self aware and self

Evaluation (da ability to see yourself in da 3rd

person and critique one's self objectively) Use that

skill and apply it in real life and you'll see how fast

You can reverse your bad fortunes into a positive

Net outlook on yourself and life in general.

Last edited:
lowkey > life of the party

not fapping has decreased my overall anxiety and nervous feelings. staring people dead in the eyes while talking to them now. random conversations I would have never had.

stop touching your peen, b.
The realness has already been posted. Embrace your awkwardness.

Back
Top Bottom