Tips on dealing with social awkwardness/anxiety?

No no no no... **** that whole fake it until you make it bs.

This is a very good train of thought tbh. It essentially forces an individual to think he is who he wishes to be. Thinking is just a start, the next step is speaking it into existence.

Post your pic and I will dissect the **** out of you.

:rofl:

Was gonna say this

I mean i hear u op but pics do really say a thousand words.
Thread would be lulz tho

2z6idzp.jpg

Last edited:
At the core, people with social anxiety see themselves as inadequate, defective, or undesirable. Regardless of how you developed social anxiety avoiding social situations that trigger anxiety actually serve to maintain that anxiety. By avoiding feared situations it decreases your anxiety, which reinforces the avoidance behavior to continue. At the same time your avoidance prevents you from experiencing social situations without negative consequences. By worrying and making negative catastrophic predictions about future events you're making yourself more anxious and in turn more likely to avoid the situation in the future.

One way of breaking the loop is through exposure. Simply engaging in an activity that makes you anxious. By repeating the same process over and over again your body habituates to the stress. In turn, your level of arousal will decrease to a point where it will no longer be an issue.

lowkey > life of the party

not fapping has decreased my overall anxiety and nervous feelings. staring people dead in the eyes while talking to them now. random conversations I would have never had.

stop touching your peen, b.

This.

All of this.

Especially that.

Im so lowkey, one of my old yambs hit me up............. And she thought I had already moved out of the city.

That's how lowkey I am.

Honestly, I've been lowkey for the past 21 years of my life. I ain't eem tryna hear that. :lol:

Being introverted isn't a bad thing b...
Yes it is. Especially when deep inside it's not you. It's probably the way you came up that made you that way.

This is the view of a child. Making the **** sound a debilitating mental disease. There's more to being an introvert than you think, and there are many social and successful introverts. Where folk fail in general is making excuses and not getting a grasp on who they are. Read material, it's out there.

You care way too much, this is like your billionth thread about things like this.

Maybe you try too hard, embrace who you are(introvert) and maybe situations will come easier.

You pretty attractive just chill and stop wanting it sooooooo bad.

Just vibe.
View media item 631516
You hear that Humbled Humbled ?

Pounce on dat. :pimp:

Yeah pause but dude looks like he should be doing numbers. And he makes beats? How do we always end up with these illest *** cats that don't realize what they have going for them?

I came to this thread kinda late but I must say a lot of advice in here is pretty spot on.

OP I work with young adults who have Aspergers Syndrome and these kids are the model of what being socially awkward is like so I know what your talking about. I feel like certain characteristics we all share falls on a spectrum; at one end we have inability and at the other end we have ability and we all fall at different points along this. Being a slight to moderate introvert myself I have to say that acknowledging that your an introvert and that you have socially awkward behaviors is a good step....then need for self-analysis goes a long way. Now when I say that I mean an authentic self-analysis coupled with what the closest 5 people to you think about the way you act. That should give you both an intrinsic and extrinsic view of how you exhibit your social engagement qualities.

Take that with a grain of salt though. Our brains our wired to always skew things to the negative because it's a survival mechanism for us to change ourselves.

Your in a spot that many of us have been in or are currently in. You want to change the way your perceived by the world but you may face some struggle in applying that change in a way that doesn't change your core qualities.

It's a tough balancing game but the first step is by identifying and accepting your strengths and weaknesses and keeping a positive mindset that if you decide to open yourself up to more outgoing experiences that you don't do it to a level where your trying to suppress who you are on the inside because that can cause a meltdown later on.

Reading quality self-improvement books are a great way to learn more about yourself and learn the best way(s) to make a change. I think it would be good if you found a safe person to talk to about your troubles. Maybe a close friend or family member who could give you an accurate appraisal of an outside-in perspective on your situation.

Above all else you need to understand that your one person in a larger community of people across the world who are facing the same problems and within the larger scale of things, you are in a better situation than probably a billion people.

Don't blame your parents for this. It doesn't help the situation. All blame comes back to you whether you know it or not and one of the most important things I can say to you is not to make yourself out to be the victim. Be proactive and generous in praise of yourself. Self-affirmations, being intrinsically motivated, and finding a way to keep your core qualities while changing the finer details of your outward personality are things I suggest you look into.

Da underlying dilemma here is people who are

introverted tend to be real methodical in da way they

Carry themselves... Its great cuz its a reflection of

Intelligence and a due diligence to not eff up in your

Approach to life, da problem lies when it hinders

Everything you do because you're always second

guessing whatever you attempt to do. My advice?

Dont be afraid to fail, failure is something that people

Overdramatize as bad, when in reality its life's

biggest teachers. You already have a mind that is

Self aware, that is already thinking twice as hard as

Da typical human, thats a GIFT, trust me when i say

SO many people lack da ability of self aware and self

Evaluation (da ability to see yourself in da 3rd

person and critique one's self objectively) Use that

skill and apply it in real life and you'll see how fast

You can reverse your bad fortunes into a positive

Net outlook on yourself and life in general.

I really try to take what you say seriously but I can't even understand it with the double spacing. It's annoying to read.

I really try to take what you say seriously but I can't even understand it with the double spacing. It's annoying to read.
how about eat da food and get da nourishment instead of worrying about what plate its served on....

how about eat da food and get da nourishment instead of worrying about what plate its served on....
:rofl:
One of the best things I've ever read on here

No jokes but as other nters keep mentioning I really think you should consider a screen name revision.
Cause you should already know what losins like judging by many of your post

This highlights a self esteem issue.

To fix that, do this

Fake it till you make it. In your head you should constantly reassure yourself that you are the man no matter what anyone else says or thinks. With enough practice and persistence, this thought eventually becomes a legitimate belief. Muhammad Ali said it himself, "I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was."

Yeah deep down it is a self esteem issue. I honestly think that's what my problem is. I'm not happy with myself, but the thing is I have no idea where it stems from.

I'm getting better over time but its an extremely slow process. And some days I feel like I take major steps back. :smh:

not fapping has decreased my overall anxiety and nervous feelings. staring people dead in the eyes while talking to them now. random conversations I would have never had.

This.

All of this.

Especially that.

Im so lowkey, one of my old yambs hit me up............. And she thought I had already moved out of the city.

That's how lowkey I am.

Honestly, I've been lowkey for the past 21 years of my life. I ain't eem tryna hear that.
laugh.gif
Yes it is. Especially when deep inside it's not you. It's probably the way you came up that made you that way.
This is the view of a child. Making the **** sound a debilitating mental disease. There's more to being an introvert than you think, and there are many social and successful introverts. Where folk fail in general is making excuses and not getting a grasp on who they are. Read material, it's out there.
It is bad. Trust me. All this talk of successful introverts is irrelevant because that's not what this thread is about. Its about social interactions. Just like there are successful introverts there are successful extroverts. 

This.

All of this.

Especially that.

That's how lowkey I am.

Honestly, I've been lowkey for the past 21 years of my life. I ain't eem tryna hear that. :lol:

It is bad. Trust me. All this talk of successful introverts is irrelevant because that's not what this thread is about. Its about social interactions. Just like there are successful introverts there are successful extroverts. 

Stay that way.

Stop caring
Talk to girls about things you want to talk about
Stop trying so hard it becomes unnatural
Stop overthinking every situation
Go out there and get rejected, it's not as bad as you think.

I'm going to give you the best advice in this thread. Log off NT and go to the mall or wherever yambs are and get you a few numbers. Bring a wingman if necessary. Once you get a couple numbers your confidence levels will soar.

Back
Top Bottom