Under Armour?

Slept on the black/gold lows waiting for the exclusion to be lifted. Good thing I was looking at UA's ebay page and they had my size. Are they releasing more lows?

Went with red laces on the USA Aways

Would I be able to put ortho in the low and still have heel lockdown? If you had to guess (not sure if you wear orthos)

Last edited:
Curious if anybody knows the answer to this question, Why isn't Kent Bazemore on the UA roster on the webpage?? He the sole reason for Curry signing with them. He still wears UA shoes so it's not like they had a fall out like they did with DeAndre Jordan ( sucks he left the camp now that he is doing so well) and Derek Williams ( glad to see him go). Also is there any talk to Jennings getting a signature shoe again? Oh course he is over shadowed by Curry but he is the entire reason I became sure a huge UA fan. The Black Ice shoe is a UA Classic IMO and the bloodline colorways are the best any UA shoe has had to date also IMO

My thoughts exactly. Brandon needs another sig

Whaa! All the mids they put out only 3 + 1 limited low :smh: Thought there were gonna release some more this summer. Oh well was a great run with this line. On to the Curry lows then.

Curious if anybody knows the answer to this question, Why isn't Kent Bazemore on the UA roster on the webpage?? He the sole reason for Curry signing with them. He still wears UA shoes so it's not like they had a fall out like they did with DeAndre Jordan ( sucks he left the camp now that he is doing so well) and Derek Williams ( glad to see him go). Also is there any talk to Jennings getting a signature shoe again? Oh course he is over shadowed by Curry but he is the entire reason I became sure a huge UA fan. The Black Ice shoe is a UA Classic IMO and the bloodline colorways are the best any UA shoe has had to date also IMO
UA Black Ice  $74.99  sizes 8, 14, 16

http://leagueoutfitters.com/collect...blackicemensbasketballshoes?variant=974684808

....never bought from this place.....

Drives are pretty much done at this point. Wouldn't expect any more. Red laces look good 8)

In that case I will start looking for some discounts and steals for this shoe. Have been playing in my white curry PEs but if I don't have to beat them up for ball that'd be nice

How frequent are blisters in the CFD? I'm about to buy a pair off a friend of mine but i heard ventilation was a problem for some. I normally play around 3-4 hours.

How frequent are blisters in the CFD? I'm about to buy a pair off a friend of mine but i heard ventilation was a problem for some. I normally play around 3-4 hours.

Not that frequent (if at all) as long as you get the right size and their isn't too much friction between your foot and the shoe. (I always felt like I got blisters on shoes that were too small anyways)

Impossible to tell if you'll be affected by blisters or not.

The only person I've heard about having blister problems is Nightwing, but I haven't seen every review out there.

I have never, not one single time, had anything even close to becoming a blister and I've played in them for hours on end. They are one of the best fitting shoes I've ever played in, if not the best period, assuming you get the right size as mentioned.

Impossible to tell if you'll be affected by blisters or not.

The only person I've heard about having blister problems is Nightwing, but I haven't seen every review out there.

I have never, not one single time, had anything even close to becoming a blister and I've played in them for hours on end. They are one of the best fitting shoes I've ever played in, if not the best period, assuming you get the right size as mentioned.
Were they snug in the toebox before you broke them in? Or were they perfect from the start?

Were they snug in the toebox before you broke them in? Or were they perfect from the start?

For me in my "normal" size they were snug in the toebox on early wears. They stretch a bit just from normal wear and tear. Still a big snug, but not like at first. Clutchfit really is an appropriate name and it's no gimmick, or at least not as gimmicky as other gimmicks out there. It really clutches and fits my foot well.

NW.... just a heads up.... my son [ who also plays hoop for hours at a time ] had a rash on his feet which we thought was athlete's foot. turns out it wasn't. our family doctor blamed the rash on his sneakers not having enuff ventilation. he had been wearing Clutchfits lately  but i couldn't/wouldn't say for sure that the CFs were the cause.  { the CFs never gave him a blister.}  my suggestion would be to keep an eye out for a rash on the tops of your feet, just above the toes { not between the toes, that's usually athlete's foot }. if you do start to develop a rash, save yourself a doctor's trip and put Cortizone 10 on it !!!!

my son loves the CFs. I'm thinking about taking his pair to the local shoe repair shop and seeing if they can add in a couple eyelets, like on the old Converse All Stars to help with the ventilation. 

hope this helps....

Last edited:
I didn't get blisters but my 4th toenail on each foot turned black and fell off. I have wide feed though and will need thinner socks...

I've been playing in the CFD mids for a couple months now and they are great however lately they've been causing a lot of pain in my achilles tendon. I can no longer lace my shoes tight at the top because of this unpleasant chaffing in the back. Has anyone else experienced problems with the back heel area? It literally feels like they're cutting into my achilles tendon when I move smh..

I'm thinking of switching to the Currys, which I haven't tried yet. Are the currys more padded in the back collar?

It's a truly a damned shame since I bought like 7 different colorways of this shoe lol

Last edited:
I've been playing in the CFD mids for a couple months now and they are great however lately they've been causing a lot of pain in my achilles tendon. I can no longer lace my shoes tight at the top because of this unpleasant chaffing in the back. Has anyone else experienced problems with the back heel area? It literally feels like they're cutting into my achilles tendon when I move smh..

I'm thinking of switching to the Currys, which I haven't tried yet. Are the currys more padded in the back collar?

It's a truly a damned shame since I bought like 7 different colorways of this shoe lol
currys are a little stiffer so id say stick with the cfds. i dont have any achilles pain from my cfd mids.

SJ87, you sure it's the shoes? achilles tendons are nothing to mess around with. you tear one & you're laid up for a year. a kid in my high school  tore it at the start of the year. VERY painful and ALOT of physical therapy just to get off the crutches. kid missed the whole season.

whether or not it's the shoes, my suggestion is to STRETCH, STRETCH & STRETCH.  i bought this (picture below) it's called ProStretch ($29) they have a cheaper version SmartFlexx ($19) and more expensive all wood ones.  every NBA team has these at the end of their bench. if you don't want to buy one, do toe raises on the stairs (you want to make sure you get your heel below your toes). 

best of luck & hope you stay injury free !!!!!

Last edited:
Im pretty sure

SJ87, you sure it's the shoes? achilles tendons are nothing to mess around with. you tear one & you're laid up for a year. a kid in my high school  tore it at the start of the year. VERY painful and ALOT of physical therapy just to get off the crutches. kid missed the whole season.

whether or not it's the shoes, my suggestion is to STRETCH, STRETCH & STRETCH.  i bought this (picture below) it's called ProStretch ($29) they have a cheaper version SmartFlexx ($19) and more expensive all wood ones.  every NBA team has these at the end of their bench. if you don't want to buy one, do toe raises on the stairs (you want to make sure you get your heel below your toes). 

best of luck & hope you stay injury free !!!!!
The CFD is the only time I've had this issue so I'm fairly certain its the shoes, but I'll look into the prostretch. Better safe than sorry haha, Right on for the tip
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom