What were the best shows/concerts you ever been to?

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

everytime i've seen Pearl Jam, which is 9 times, lands in the top 20 of shows i've been to. the BEST one was 10/7/09 at Gibson Amphitheatre in LA, place only holds 5,000, and my pops and i had 11th row seats, DEAD CENTER. played over 2 hours, and played a CRAZY setlist.

Here's my top 10 though, no particular order minus PJ at #1. I'll only put them on there once too, otherwise they'd flood it
laugh.gif

1. Pearl Jam - Gibson Amphitheatre
2. John Mayer/John Mayer Trio/John Mayer Acoustic - Nokia Theatre LA Live (this is what they made the Where the Light Is DVD from)
3. Sigur Ros - Copley Symphony Hall
4. My Morning Jacket - SDSU Open Air Theatre (3rd row, 2+ hour show)
5. Lupe Fiasco - HOB Sunset (played for 2 and a half hours. %%*+%@@ incredible)
6. Neil Young - Cox Arena (2nd row, right in front of uncle Neil.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
)
7. Foo Fighters - Cox Arena (front row, Grohl is a GREAT frontman)
8. Dave Matthews Band - anytime i've seen them at Coors Amphitheatre.
9. Jay-Z/Mary J. Blige - Irvine Amphitheatre
10. Kanye West - RIMAC Arena (2005, early Kanye, played tons of stuff from CD and LR, small venue. FLAWLESS.)

Honorable Mentions

Justice at Street Scene
Does It Offend You, Yeah? at Street Scene
Muse at Street Scene

I've got more, i'll think of them later...

How'd this thread die down recently? No one catchin shows or reminiscing on the best shows of their life lately? I'm bringin it back! Keep this thread flowin, y'all!
Dude you've seen some sick shows -a lot of bands I've seen more than once that also easily rank in my top 10.
Right there with ya w/PJ...they would dominate my top 10 as well. I'll limit it to 3 shows (the last one was by far the least impressive as the set was dominated by Backspacer (8 trax) which was too much but seein Ben Harper play slide guitar on Red Mosquito live made it worth the night...plus I video booted the whole set!)
Anyway:1-3: 7/22/06 - The Gorge. Best concert of my life, will likely never be surpassed. Dirty Frank...nearly 3 hour set. 105* & INSANELY humid that day (Ed wore shorts for God's sake) Unreal.
11/2/00 - Portland, Rose Garden - First PJ show ever - played Nothingman/Leatherman/Betterman & busted out Garden. one of my fav quotes from Ed: 'Caffeine, a gateway drug...' raggin on NWs' coffee addicts.
12/8/02 Seattle at the Key - kick off night to the world tour (saw em again in May '03 in Vanc. B.C.)- Busted out Blood for the first time in 6 or 8 years to end the first set. The 7/20/06 Portland CCFA Benefit show at the Schnitzer was also about as awesome, particularly cuz I got in for FREE and it was Stone's B-day, so he played drums while Matt picked up a guitar for a jam & Yellow Leadbetter at the end! Covers of Harvest Moon and All Along The Watchtower plus bustin out Satan's Bed made that a set to remember.
OK, next would hafta be Page & Plant 9/8/98 I believe was the date. I've seen all 3 living members of Zeppelin (Mr. Jones I've seen twice: Once w/Mutual Admiration Society...strange band and with Them Crooked Vultures) but that was the last night of my summer before my Senior year of HS started & seein P&P was like an out-of-body experience.
Foo Fighters 2 1/2 hour show in July '07 at the Garden (audio booted it) and Foos w/Weezer in '05 at the Memorial Coliseum was an insane show. Like you said, Grohl is a mindblowing frontman & could perform a side job as a stand up comedian...the dude's hilarious!
OK, now I'm not going to be able to sort out the rest...way too many shows. Favs would be Dream Theater X2, Rush X2, Satriani X5, Jeff Beck, John McLaughlin 12/10, Thrice X2, dredg X2.5, Ted Nugent & ZZ Top together was cool, Aerosmith w/Lenny Kravitz opening, MUSE rocked my face off last year, TCV was amazing at my favorite small Portland venue, Audioslave was great X2 especially at Lollapalooza in 2003 w/Incubus, Jane's and A Perfect Circle, Jimi Hendrix Experience tour w/Mitch Mitchell & Billy Cox...wow, Velvet Revolver X2, Alice in Chains X2, CHRIS CORNELL live in '06 was INSANE almost 3 hour set & his pipes were spot-on...played over half of Temple of the Dog album! Ok, I should slow down. Makin me wanna leave my desk & catch a live show right now.

Keep this rollin, people!

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

everytime i've seen Pearl Jam, which is 9 times, lands in the top 20 of shows i've been to. the BEST one was 10/7/09 at Gibson Amphitheatre in LA, place only holds 5,000, and my pops and i had 11th row seats, DEAD CENTER. played over 2 hours, and played a CRAZY setlist.

Here's my top 10 though, no particular order minus PJ at #1. I'll only put them on there once too, otherwise they'd flood it
laugh.gif

1. Pearl Jam - Gibson Amphitheatre
2. John Mayer/John Mayer Trio/John Mayer Acoustic - Nokia Theatre LA Live (this is what they made the Where the Light Is DVD from)
3. Sigur Ros - Copley Symphony Hall
4. My Morning Jacket - SDSU Open Air Theatre (3rd row, 2+ hour show)
5. Lupe Fiasco - HOB Sunset (played for 2 and a half hours. %%*+%@@ incredible)
6. Neil Young - Cox Arena (2nd row, right in front of uncle Neil.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
)
7. Foo Fighters - Cox Arena (front row, Grohl is a GREAT frontman)
8. Dave Matthews Band - anytime i've seen them at Coors Amphitheatre.
9. Jay-Z/Mary J. Blige - Irvine Amphitheatre
10. Kanye West - RIMAC Arena (2005, early Kanye, played tons of stuff from CD and LR, small venue. FLAWLESS.)

Honorable Mentions

Justice at Street Scene
Does It Offend You, Yeah? at Street Scene
Muse at Street Scene

I've got more, i'll think of them later...

How'd this thread die down recently? No one catchin shows or reminiscing on the best shows of their life lately? I'm bringin it back! Keep this thread flowin, y'all!
Dude you've seen some sick shows -a lot of bands I've seen more than once that also easily rank in my top 10.
Right there with ya w/PJ...they would dominate my top 10 as well. I'll limit it to 3 shows (the last one was by far the least impressive as the set was dominated by Backspacer (8 trax) which was too much but seein Ben Harper play slide guitar on Red Mosquito live made it worth the night...plus I video booted the whole set!)
Anyway:1-3: 7/22/06 - The Gorge. Best concert of my life, will likely never be surpassed. Dirty Frank...nearly 3 hour set. 105* & INSANELY humid that day (Ed wore shorts for God's sake) Unreal.
11/2/00 - Portland, Rose Garden - First PJ show ever - played Nothingman/Leatherman/Betterman & busted out Garden. one of my fav quotes from Ed: 'Caffeine, a gateway drug...' raggin on NWs' coffee addicts.
12/8/02 Seattle at the Key - kick off night to the world tour (saw em again in May '03 in Vanc. B.C.)- Busted out Blood for the first time in 6 or 8 years to end the first set. The 7/20/06 Portland CCFA Benefit show at the Schnitzer was also about as awesome, particularly cuz I got in for FREE and it was Stone's B-day, so he played drums while Matt picked up a guitar for a jam & Yellow Leadbetter at the end! Covers of Harvest Moon and All Along The Watchtower plus bustin out Satan's Bed made that a set to remember.
OK, next would hafta be Page & Plant 9/8/98 I believe was the date. I've seen all 3 living members of Zeppelin (Mr. Jones I've seen twice: Once w/Mutual Admiration Society...strange band and with Them Crooked Vultures) but that was the last night of my summer before my Senior year of HS started & seein P&P was like an out-of-body experience.
Foo Fighters 2 1/2 hour show in July '07 at the Garden (audio booted it) and Foos w/Weezer in '05 at the Memorial Coliseum was an insane show. Like you said, Grohl is a mindblowing frontman & could perform a side job as a stand up comedian...the dude's hilarious!
OK, now I'm not going to be able to sort out the rest...way too many shows. Favs would be Dream Theater X2, Rush X2, Satriani X5, Jeff Beck, John McLaughlin 12/10, Thrice X2, dredg X2.5, Ted Nugent & ZZ Top together was cool, Aerosmith w/Lenny Kravitz opening, MUSE rocked my face off last year, TCV was amazing at my favorite small Portland venue, Audioslave was great X2 especially at Lollapalooza in 2003 w/Incubus, Jane's and A Perfect Circle, Jimi Hendrix Experience tour w/Mitch Mitchell & Billy Cox...wow, Velvet Revolver X2, Alice in Chains X2, CHRIS CORNELL live in '06 was INSANE almost 3 hour set & his pipes were spot-on...played over half of Temple of the Dog album! Ok, I should slow down. Makin me wanna leave my desk & catch a live show right now.

Keep this rollin, people!

Nas, Murs, & Little Brother made for a really good show, (also cuz i had been wanting to see nas for some time)

EDC 2008

Benny Benassi at the MusicBox in Hollywood

Saw Wayne a couple years ago, and that man knows how to throw a party 
pimp.gif

BUT, my biggest failure is missing Rock The Bells 2010 because when we got there, i realized I forgot my ticket back home 

I missed:

Wu

ATCQ

Lauryn Hill

Snoop

Dj Premier 

Rakim

Krs One

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

laugh.gif

Nas, Murs, & Little Brother made for a really good show, (also cuz i had been wanting to see nas for some time)

EDC 2008

Benny Benassi at the MusicBox in Hollywood

Saw Wayne a couple years ago, and that man knows how to throw a party 
pimp.gif

BUT, my biggest failure is missing Rock The Bells 2010 because when we got there, i realized I forgot my ticket back home 

I missed:

Wu

ATCQ

Lauryn Hill

Snoop

Dj Premier 

Rakim

Krs One

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

laugh.gif

The Roots (1994) at Virginia Tech Squires Student Center... $10.00 admission.

Sade 'Lover's Rock Tour (2001) (awaiting 2011's show)

Maxwell (2009, 2010 (2x))

The Roots (1994) at Virginia Tech Squires Student Center... $10.00 admission.

Sade 'Lover's Rock Tour (2001) (awaiting 2011's show)

Maxwell (2009, 2010 (2x))

I really couldn't pick my favorite.

-Em/Jay-z Home and Home opening night in Detroit last year was insane. My first real concert and I'll never forget it. It was straight up insane.

-Slaughterhouse last week in Royal Oak was pretty damn good. I've been a huge fan of Royce and Joe Budden since I was 14, seeing them on stage with Eminem at the end of the night was crazy. First crowd to see them perform 2.0 Boyz live, sometimes I'm thankful I live in Michigan.

-Kid Cudi at the KZoo State Theater - Dude just puts on an amazing show. Performed almost every song I'd want to see.

-J Cole at a small venue downtown here. Venue wasn't even halfway full but my goodness did he put on a great show. Seeing my favorite rapper put on that good of a show at the small of a venue was pretty cool. Can't wait to see him at Bonnaroo this summer.

Seeing Lupe tomorrow, front row, center stage... I'm sure it'll be good. I'm seeing Wiz on monday...
eyes.gif
Don't even really want to go
roll.gif
. And then Kanye and Cudi this summer, cannot wait for that one.

I really couldn't pick my favorite.

-Em/Jay-z Home and Home opening night in Detroit last year was insane. My first real concert and I'll never forget it. It was straight up insane.

-Slaughterhouse last week in Royal Oak was pretty damn good. I've been a huge fan of Royce and Joe Budden since I was 14, seeing them on stage with Eminem at the end of the night was crazy. First crowd to see them perform 2.0 Boyz live, sometimes I'm thankful I live in Michigan.

-Kid Cudi at the KZoo State Theater - Dude just puts on an amazing show. Performed almost every song I'd want to see.

-J Cole at a small venue downtown here. Venue wasn't even halfway full but my goodness did he put on a great show. Seeing my favorite rapper put on that good of a show at the small of a venue was pretty cool. Can't wait to see him at Bonnaroo this summer.

Seeing Lupe tomorrow, front row, center stage... I'm sure it'll be good. I'm seeing Wiz on monday...
eyes.gif
Don't even really want to go
roll.gif
. And then Kanye and Cudi this summer, cannot wait for that one.

Been to John Mayer, Taylor Swift, Wiz, Lady Gaga and Bob Dylan.

Mayer was hands down the best performer. He played to the crowd. Swift sucked. Whole show had a "look at me, I'm famous" vibe. Wiz was fine for a maybe 500 person venue. Gaga was the most entertaining. Especially because I was front row. And Bob Dylan needs to hang it up. I couldn't even follow Like A Rolling Stone. His voice is that bad.

Going to Kenny Chesney/ZBB in June at Fed Ex. Have really high hopes for that.

Been to John Mayer, Taylor Swift, Wiz, Lady Gaga and Bob Dylan.

Mayer was hands down the best performer. He played to the crowd. Swift sucked. Whole show had a "look at me, I'm famous" vibe. Wiz was fine for a maybe 500 person venue. Gaga was the most entertaining. Especially because I was front row. And Bob Dylan needs to hang it up. I couldn't even follow Like A Rolling Stone. His voice is that bad.

Going to Kenny Chesney/ZBB in June at Fed Ex. Have really high hopes for that.

SkiDRUMattiX

peep the setlist from the show i was talking about...

[h3]Encore 1[/h3][h3]Encore 2[/h3]Notes: "Red Mosquito" and "Indifference" featured Ben Harper. "Kick Out The Jams" featured Jerry Cantrell. "Just Breathe," "The End," "Lukin," and "Red Mosquito" featured a string quartet.

I hadn't seen Nothingman out of all the shows i'd been to. Seen them in Boston, SD, SF, and LA...no dice. til THIS SHOW. i'm not gonna lie, i teared up. I listened to that song damn near everyday my freshman year of college...Long Road opener, Alone, Blood, All Those Yesterdays, Untitled, Present Tense and the INDIFFERENCE closer with Ben Harper...dear lord.

not to mention, the night before, CHRIS CORNELL walked out and they played Hunger Strike...this topped that, shows how good it was...

SkiDRUMattiX

peep the setlist from the show i was talking about...

[h3]Encore 1[/h3][h3]Encore 2[/h3]Notes: "Red Mosquito" and "Indifference" featured Ben Harper. "Kick Out The Jams" featured Jerry Cantrell. "Just Breathe," "The End," "Lukin," and "Red Mosquito" featured a string quartet.

I hadn't seen Nothingman out of all the shows i'd been to. Seen them in Boston, SD, SF, and LA...no dice. til THIS SHOW. i'm not gonna lie, i teared up. I listened to that song damn near everyday my freshman year of college...Long Road opener, Alone, Blood, All Those Yesterdays, Untitled, Present Tense and the INDIFFERENCE closer with Ben Harper...dear lord.

not to mention, the night before, CHRIS CORNELL walked out and they played Hunger Strike...this topped that, shows how good it was...

don't know how i forgot Nas + Damian in my list...

not to mention CUDDER at Club Nokia when Kanye came out. the $#%+*@! balcony felt like it was gonna cave in. INSANE

don't know how i forgot Nas + Damian in my list...

not to mention CUDDER at Club Nokia when Kanye came out. the $#%+*@! balcony felt like it was gonna cave in. INSANE

Lupe Fiasco @ The Filmore, San Francisco, 1/13/2008.

Nothing else really comes close. Saw him again at the Glow In the Dark Tour in Sacramento two months later, even though Kanye put on one a hell of a performance it didn't even compare. 

Back
Top Bottom