Would you marry a girl if her credit was bad?

My wife's credit is bad as well as mine but it's only from student loans. We got a master plan mapped out. It's different marrying because of student loan bad credit than bad/foolish spending habits bad credit.

Student loans can dock you a little bit but it shouldn't cause bad credit

Well I mean, it's still the fact that it'll take a while to pay off which is the hindrance.

I'm not debating that.

I'm saying student loan debt alone doesn't prevent a 800+ credit score

Depends on the reason why her credit is bad. If it was because of wasteful/irresponsible spending, then I wouldn't. If it was for student loans, I'd have to look a little deeper. For example, you went to school for 4 to 5 years, got your degree, that's cool. But if your in school, debating on what to major in, racking up crazy debt, then no.

Depends on the reason why her credit is bad. If it was because of wasteful/irresponsible spending, then I wouldn't. If it was for student loans, I'd have to look a little deeper. For example, you went to school for 4 to 5 years, got your degree, that's cool. But if your in school, debating on what to major in, racking up crazy debt, then no.
now, tell me that aint insecurr

the concept of school seems so secure

I would think defaulting on your student loans can tank your credit though. But thats the only way i could think of it hurting your credit.

Would never marry a woman that went to college.
Why not?

laugh.gif

If she wants to play that card then she didn't understand me to begin with. My mother always raised me to never lend money with the expectation of getting it back, that is how you lose friends and destroy relationships. But there's a limit to that. If we're talking paying someones student loans we're likely dealing with a dollar amount that's truly material. This isn't giving your boy 20$ to go get some food here, that's thousands of dollars. I'm not giving that to anyone without an agreement in place.

This has nothing to do with the people I choose to date, this applies to EVERYONE that is not my parents/ siblings. No one is exempt.
Yea, I see nothing wrong with this mindset at all.

Maybe if pro athletes had this mentality, so many of them would get milked for everything.
Man I'm nowhere close to being a millionaire, it's just the principle. I refuse to handicap my life like that nor would I do it to someone else. I need to handle my business before I start thinking about binding myself to someone and vice versa.

Last thing I need is to absorb a spouses problems as if I don't have problems of my own.

Last edited:
Absolutely not. Worked too hard to keep my own finances in line to throw it all to the wind in the name of "love".

Also, student loans alone don't kill your credit score. Failing to make your payments on time kills your credit score.

Would never end up married unless im coming up bigtime im not no simp.

I should have ignored this thread but I knew it brought the laughs. My fellow scumbags need to hop on the SZ73 "never get married + freeze a batch then get your tubes removed" life plan. And you won't ever have to worry about topics like this. 

I should have ignored this thread but I knew it brought the laughs. My fellow scumbags need to hop on the SZ73 "never get married + freeze a batch then get your tubes removed" life plan. And you won't ever have to worry about topics like this. 
bruh that avy from the ewd thread

laugh.gif

No but it has nothing to do w/ the debt thing, I don't care too much about that.

I just wouldn't marry a girl, period, :lol:

Back
Top Bottom