Would you marry a girl if her credit was bad?

If I'm in a long term relationship I think it's only fair that I would pitch in if I have the means to do so.

It wouldn't feel right if I'm flourishing while my partner is struggling with massive student loans.
What if both of you have decent paying jobs. 

One isn't really making that much more than the other.

Do you still think it is "fair" that you pitched in

And do you think it is something that you SHOULD do?

And that means.....?

I know he's in a long term relationship, they have a kid if I recall correctly. Still doesn't answer the question.
If I'm in a long term relationship I think it's only fair that I would pitch in if I have the means to do so.
It wouldn't feel right if I'm flourishing while my partner is struggling with massive student loans.

Nahhh b shell never pick her own weight because you keep saving her

What if both of you have decent paying jobs. 

One isn't really making that much more than the other.

Do you still think it is "fair" that you pitched in

And do you think it is something that you SHOULD do?
If both have decent paying jobs than not necessarily, depends on the situation. From what I can tell Will's girl is still studying to become a respiratory therapist so I'm guessing she only works part-time or not at all.

In that case I would certainly pitch in if we've been together for several years, especially if I have a kid with that person.

I personally feel like it's something I should do if I make more than her and don't have any significant debt of my own to pay. If you both have decent paying jobs and earn roughly the same amount I don't think it's necessary to pitch in.

I also believe that's for every couple to decide for themselves, not necessarily something everyone should do.

Edit: Not talking about becoming a full fledged sugar daddy of course but let's say I earn €2100 a month while my girl earns €1600 a month. I have no significant debt in comparison to hers. I would pitch in ~€250 a month towards her student loans if we've been in a healthy relationship for at least 5 years.

This is all hypothetical of course because I don't know anyone who has student debt here in Belgium.

Last edited:
I-know-you-mad.gif

hahah

women get paid less but they have to eat less food to be full...
also all this non sense about women making less than men , when minorities go to jail they do slave labor basically for free...

IMO feminism was created so white women could feel better about the sins of their ancestors..

also i would assume a womans debt if she had other good qualities, ie a virigin, very beautiful, submssive, large buttocks etc

What has she done to deserve that?
Be his girl? :lol:
Pretty sure Will is in a long term relationship. I thought he's married but I could be thinking of someone else.
And that means.....?

I know he's in a long term relationship, they have a kid if I recall correctly. Still doesn't answer the question.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Never change, Anti
Having a kid means he's gotta pay her student loans?

No, getting married does. But her having a kid was (hopefully) a mutual decision. A pregnancy is a life altering thing for a woman. She is out of commission for a solid 3 months, and can't really do much for more like 6-7 months. This often means taking an extended leave, or resigning from your job altogether. It also means its more difficult to get a new job once the baby is born, since you have to find a job that will hire a new mother (lol good luck,) arrange for child care, transportation, etc. Even if the woman is lucky enough to have an accomodating job, a lot are still forced to take unpaid leave in addition to FMLA, vacation time, etc for their pregnancies and post pregnancy care.

If a man and a woman decide to have a baby together, my opninion is that the man should make contributions to the woman's expenses, at least until the woman can get a job/return to work.

Last edited:

If both have decent paying jobs than not necessarily, depends on the situation. From what I can tell Will's girl is still studying to become a respiratory therapist so I'm guessing she only works part-time or not at all.

In that case I would certainly pitch in if we've been together for several years, especially if I have a kid with that person.

I personally feel like it's something I should do if I make more than her and don't have any significant debt of my own to pay. If you both have decent paying jobs and earn roughly the same amount I don't think it's necessary to pitch in.

I also believe that's for every couple to decide for themselves, not necessarily something everyone should do.

Edit: Not talking about becoming a full fledged sugar daddy of course but let's say I earn €2100 a month while my girl earns €1600 a month. I have no significant debt in comparison to hers. I would pitch in ~€250 a month towards her student loans if we've been in a healthy relationship for at least 5 years.

This is all hypothetical of course because I don't know anyone who has student debt here in Belgium.
Well said

Oh yea, I thought about your mother the other day.

I was standing up taking a piss and I sneezed. Piss flew EVERYWHERE!

If a man and a woman decide to have a baby together, my opninion is that the man should make contributions to the woman's expenses, at least until the woman can get a job/return to work.
This is 2016. There are MANY MEN, that make less than their womens.

So if my wife makes more than me, should I still be making contributions to her expenses?

And why are we acting like maternity leave doesn't exist. You are saying the woman is jobless for X amount of time as if she is going to get fired from her job because she got pregnant LOL

What has she done to deserve that?
Be his girl? :lol:
Pretty sure Will is in a long term relationship. I thought he's married but I could be thinking of someone else.
And that means.....?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Never change, Anti
Having a kid means he's gotta pay her student loans?

No, getting married does. But her having a kid was (hopefully) a mutual decision. A pregnancy is a life altering thing for a woman. She is out of commission for a solid 3 months, and can't really do much for more like 6-7 months. This often means taking an extended leave, or resigning from your job altogether. It also means its more difficult to get a new job once the baby is born, since you have to find a job that will hire a new mother (lol good luck,) arrange for child care, transportation, etc. Even if the woman is lucky enough to have an accomodating job, a lot are still forced to take unpaid leave in addition to FMLA, vacation time, etc for their pregnancies and post pregnancy care.

I disagree. Nothing else I can really say about that. We will work together when it comes to things that the child needs but what's hers is hers and whats mine is mine.

Her debt doesn't become mine.

This is 2016. There are MANY MEN, that make less than their womens.

So if my wife makes more than me, should I still be making contributions to her expenses?

And why are we acting like maternity leave doesn't exist. You are saying the woman is jobless for X amount of time as if she is going to get fired from her job because she got pregnant LOL

Doesn't matter how much a woman makes in comparison to a man if its physically impossible for her to work. Zero hours at a rate of $100/hr is zero dollars fam :lol:

And maternity leave doesn't exist for a lot of women. Just ask women who work in retail, food service, hospitality, etc. Women get fired or "let go" for getting pregnant literally all the time, even when their work places offer some form of maternity leave (which is NOT the standard in the US, btw.) Stop trolling.

I disagree. Nothing else I can really say about that. We will work together when it comes to things that the child needs but what's hers is hers and whats mine is mine.

Her debt doesn't become mine.

If you decide to marry without a prenup, your debts (and assets) become each others. That's just how it works. Agree to disagree about the other stuff. Crazy that you wouldn't cover for the mother of your child while she literally can't work, but respect for being unwavering in your beliefs.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter how much a woman makes in comparison to a man if its physically impossible for her to work. Zero hours at a rate of $100/hr is zero dollars fam :lol:

And maternity leave doesn't exist for a lot of women. Just ask women who work in retail, food service, hospitality, etc. Women get fired or "let go" for getting pregnant literally all the time, even when their work places offer some form of maternity leave (which is NOT the standard in the US, btw.) Stop trolling.

I thought we were talking about people with careers. Not jobs.

Nobody on NT is messing with women working at fast food man

Last edited:

While many are privileged to have careers with good benefits (maternity leave included) you still have to consider how those with normal jobs are treated. yeah yeah is correct in saying that pregnant women or women with newborns are discriminated against and wrongfully (but I guess legally in some cases; usually give a reason other than pregnancy to justify it) terminated from their jobs because of this. It's not fair.

Here is an example,

My best friend has a one year old son and his gf is pregnant again. She was working at a bar prior to her first pregnancy and she stopped working there while pregnant. She went back to work part-time after she had the kid but then was fired for no apparent reason. Luckily for her, she saved text messages of her boss sexually harassing her and he now has a lawsuit on his hands for both the harassment and termination along the timelines of her having a child, WHEN she was hired after the pregnancy. They are lucky to be able to afford a lawyer in this situation but many would not be able to and would be up ****'s creek without a paddle. Do you have no empathy for these people?

Also, I don't really think it's fair to assume that NTers are only messing with women with careers. I'm sure plenty of people here are married to women working in the service industry or another "job" where they aren't salaried. It's not fair to exclude these people for the sake of your argument. Please get off of your high horse.

Last edited:

Based on these responses, nobody on NT is messing with women in general. Stop trolling :rofl:

Almost forgot, NTers exclusively drive BMWs and only smash dimes with "real jobs." :lol:

Last edited:

Doesn't matter how much a woman makes in comparison to a man if its physically impossible for her to work. Zero hours at a rate of $100/hr is zero dollars fam
laugh.gif

While many are privileged to have careers with good benefits (maternity leave included) you still have to consider how those with normal jobs are treated. @Yeah is correct in saying that pregnant women or women with newborns are discriminated against and wrongfully (but I guess legally in some cases; usually give a reason other than pregnancy to justify it) terminated from their jobs because of this. It's not fair.

Here is an example,

My best friend has a one year old son and his gf is pregnant again. She was working at a bar prior to her first pregnancy and she stopped working there while pregnant. She went back to work part-time after she had the kid but then was fired for no apparent reason. Luckily for her, she saved text messages of her boss sexually harassing her and he now has a lawsuit on his hands for both the harassment and termination along the timelines of her having a child, WHEN she was hired after the pregnancy. They are lucky to be able to afford a lawyer in this situation but many would not be able to and would be up ****'s creek without a paddle. Do you have no empathy for these people?

Also, I don't really think it's fair to assume that NTers are only messing with women with careers. I'm sure plenty of people here are married to women working in the service industry or another "job" where they aren't salaried. It's not fair to exclude these people for the sake of your argument. Please get off of your high horse.
But it's not exclusive to those kinds of jobs either. My mother (lawyer) quit working at a firm when one the partners told her to stop leaving work at 5-6 to go be with her newborn (moi) or else. Apparently this ***** thought for some reason she'd still be working at least 12 hours a day with a newborn 
laugh.gif
 She'd been with them for years too, since she was a paralegal and still got treated like that. It happens at almost all levels. 

^Exactly. That's why I felt the need to respond when DC either sarcasticly or ignorantly asked the question if we "know how leave works" (he edited his post). Yeah man, we know. But there's more to it than whether you have a "real job" with leave or not. People at all levels are unrightfully discriminated against for pregnancy/newborns.
Even those with leave. I'm sure DC was just trolling though so no big deal.

Last edited:
Anti how are u even gonna know if her credit is bad if y'all not gonna disclose finances or personal info with each other? And I'm doing it off the strength of me being a real *****. She held me down years ago at a time when I didn't have ****, lowkey took care of me. Now that I'm in a situation where I make far more than her, it's time to put her in position and climb to where we trynna go together. We work as a team, some people do the yours and mines thing. Work better for us this way.

Anti how are u even gonna know if her credit is bad if y'all not gonna disclose finances or personal info with each other? And I'm doing it off the strength of me being a real *****. She held me down years ago at a time when I didn't have ****, lowkey took care of me. Now that I'm in a situation where I make far more than her, it's time to put her in position and climb to where we trynna go together. We work as a team, some people do the yours and mines thing. Work better for us this way.
Your girl sounds like a true partner. Note that this is very rare.

Your girl sounds like a true partner. Note that this is very rare.

Was gonna say the same thing. Sounds like they have something good there. I've been completely broke before and had my girl at the time hold me down for a few months. Best believe I got her back. When I had money again took her on a lavish two week vacation and she was still splitting the expense with me because she had the money. I believe in helping your partner in monetary terms if you have the means and you are lucky enough to have a close and trusting relationship.

Last edited:
Impartial third party will review each parties finances and come back with an opinion. That's how I will know.

Back
Top Bottom