102982: Today Is My Late Brother's Birthday. Reaching Out For Support.

Signed. Good luck!

Props to keeping the legacy of your brother alive. 

Good looking out!

I am trying to garner some more support! I know NT has tons and tons of members. Hell I was one who came out and supported KSteezy's GQ challenge, any KIVA donation, etc.

I am trying to blow the county/state away with support so there is no way they can deny this!

Signed

OP My friend has a convenience store in Dale City
Anyway I could get some flyers to help promote?

Definitely. I can drop some at the location or meet up, just let me know. I am printing some paper ones from the office tonight and will order some card-stock/post card size/quality ones tonight.

Can anyone recommend some good sites to order from? It has been a few years since I ordered flyers. Good looks.

If anyone knows of any Drug (Prescription) Awareness/Prevention in the DC metro area preferably please let me know.

The background:

My brother was a pro/semi-pro Skateboarder sponsored by a few companies (EastCoast Clothing, Invisible Flow, Zion, etc.)

Here is a vintage video of mainly stuff from the late 90's (technology used to be a struggle back in the day man!) that one of his friends recently compiled and put on YouTube:

He passed away in 2002 at the age of 20.

A few years back (circa 2010) I started playing with the idea of finding a way to give back and share his legacy of all the people's lives he touched. A facebook page was created to organize events and really brainstorm some great ideas.

We threw a highly successful event in 2010 at a local skate part (see the pictures on the community page) and had a few companies come out and give a way tons of clothing, skateboard decks, stickers, supplies and food. It was awesome, but I think I still lacked direction and guidance on the overall plan and purpose.

I had to recreate a Facebook for this, but it is well worth it:

I would appreciate any/all NT support on sharing this or assisting with generating ideas:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Naji-Said-Abdelilah/131594270206809

Share it, like it, propose some good, quality causes to donate to.

I was putting together a Memorial Fund as well (possibly a scholarship of some sort for disadvantaged youth).

Thanks and I appreciate it. I figured if NT and myself can help KSteezy win a fashion contest Beauty Pageant....maybe NT can assist with something that I feel is truly important (at least to myself and people in the area).

http://www.shockva.com/ has been great with supporting my brother these last few years. They have made clothing and decks in his name. Folks have been super appreciative of their efforts and creations.

SIGN HERE:

www.tinyurl.com/NSAskate

Signed.

Last edited:
Any ideas or suggestions on how/what to raffle?

If folks make some suggestions, I'm all ears.....

Any of my local DMV folks can find me out in the city or at one of our events and drinks are on me!

signed already, about to share on FB. hope it works out fam, I'd love to be at the dedication.

Definitely my man! I'll be passing through Fredericksburg for a going away party tomorrow night too I believe!

I'll be dropping off flyers Downtown and may head over to Brooks Park if I have time.

Back
Top Bottom