15yrs ago an 11yr old from the southside of Chicago found his way national news headlines

thats crazy

the children of this world are a precious thing, and honestly, most of them don't make it. saddens my heart.

Its sad, this summer 3 teens got killed around my house one in middle of my block. But the media doesn't speak the truth always put them out to be innocentangels. They live by the gun and die by the gun.

c5e251be7d81af216b307e624bdf0672fb97374.jpg

Cake,
First off
pimp.gif
for bringing this to the attention of NT. The whole thing hadme
tired.gif
then saw the video and just
frown.gif
. Its crazy that this happens everyday in our hoods. Everyone def needs to readthis.

It may be an old article but we lived through this mostly in the 90's where this happened and even the many deaths over starter jackets or jordans or evenany hot shoe that came out. Most of these youngin's only hear this on songs but dont know what it was to always go out looking over your back just to keepa jacket on your back that your parents worked hard for or you did yourself. Now kids campout like its a sleepover and shiiit without a worry when I remembergoing to go pick up some kemps and was walking in with a box cutter cause you knew you were going to get checked as soon as you walked out with the bag. Nowthis gang banging is a fad when I remember clearly you would get checked for any clothing on you period. Just yesterday I saw some "blood" chillingwith a "crip" like it was nothing. Not like its something wrong and they have to be going at each other, but what I'm trying to say is that thisis just a fad for all these kids. They dont see or even know whats really good when you swing right over that bridge (well atleast here in Miami). Its sad toeven know this goes on till this day, every single day in our neighborhoods. Somethings gotta give.
tired.gif

pimp.gif
Much respect Cake for the article,

I was 11 too when this happened and I stayed in MoeTown on the southside at the time. My mom and dad didnt take me to the funeral or anything but they made mewell aware of the situation! This was chilling because he was my age and i couldnt fathom something like that then or even now going on 26! He was a product ofhis environment
tired.gif
, alot like others in our neighborhoods around thattime. Sad situation

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

im not providing cliffnote for this story, nah not this time, read it its worth it...

how in the hell do you lack an attention span that allows you to read something for 10 mins???

smh.gif
qft

good thread man it kind of makes you mad and depressed at the same time you know......it was clear that he was misunderstood and was really doomed from thestart...kind of reminds me of a more younger, rougher, dough boy
smh.gif

RIP to that girl and yummy. that kid was bad, but the gang was really messed up for murking their own.

Rough story. Even though I come from a single parent home I thankfully didn't have to live through this during that 90s era. Even though the Brooklynneighborhood wasn't the best when I was growing up, it definitely wasn't as extreme as the neighborhoods described in the story. But I definitely heardstories from some of the older children I played wiffle ball, catch, and football with on the block. My mom does some work with the NYC probation program soshe tells me stories all the time of the abuse people go through and how it ends up with these people doing these violent crimes once they crack or give in.

It's a sad case but unfortunately I don't see this problem getting fixed. I was attending my uncle's birthday dinner in July and met someinteresting people there. One conversation with this guy really struck me. He said, "Do you really think we can end crime?" I said sure if we put theman power in terms of economic opportunities, teaching, ect... He automatically corrected me and said "NO." I asked why not. He responded by sayingthat the amount of people that are hired by the PO programs, the cops, the COs, ect... It has created so many jobs in this country that if they would eliminatecrime where it barely occurred like in a Japan or Canada. We'd have millions of people unemployed. I was shocked because I never thought of it this way.And I bet that this could be one of the underlying reasons for not really shutting down crime completely.

Originally Posted by BG BabyGlock26

I guess this is where that one episode of NY Undercover came from.....

I just about to type that.... what was dude's name? Mouse? That episode was powerful.

Originally Posted by FrankDolla

Stories like this is why I STAY in my lil brothers face tellin em whats right and whats wrong. People in my dads town wonder why I kick it with soooo many pre-teens, but its because they look up to a young dude like me. At this point in their life they look at their parents like dictators they need somebody who's "grown" but not too far removed from the problems they went through to guide them a lil bit.. I feel like I have to be that person.
co-sign.

This is one thread where grave digging isn't all that bad. The more people that see this, the better

Originally Posted by Wade187

This is one thread where grave digging isn't all that bad. The more people that see this, the better

True. This is a good thread to grave dig

Originally Posted by Wade187

was thinking the same thing...hopefully dirty doesn't lock it...

Originally Posted by loonyrobert

Cake,
First off
pimp.gif
for bringing this to the attention of NT. The whole thing had me
tired.gif
then saw the video and just
frown.gif
. Its crazy that this happens everyday in our hoods. Everyone def needs to read this.

It may be an old article but we lived through this mostly in the 90's where this happened and even the many deaths over starter jackets or jordans or even any hot shoe that came out. Most of these youngin's only hear this on songs but dont know what it was to always go out looking over your back just to keep a jacket on your back that your parents worked hard for or you did yourself. Now kids campout like its a sleepover and shiiit without a worry when I remember going to go pick up some kemps and was walking in with a box cutter cause you knew you were going to get checked as soon as you walked out with the bag. Now this gang banging is a fad when I remember clearly you would get checked for any clothing on you period. Just yesterday I saw some "blood" chilling with a "crip" like it was nothing. Not like its something wrong and they have to be going at each other, but what I'm trying to say is that this is just a fad for all these kids. They dont see or even know whats really good when you swing right over that bridge (well atleast here in Miami). Its sad to even know this goes on till this day, every single day in our neighborhoods. Somethings gotta give.
tired.gif
yeah, Im in broward and this whole gang thing is trendy in the suburbs
smh.gif
we got 16 year olds strolling through publix screaming soowoop andthinkin they cool for it. this +%+# affravates me cause they dont even know what theyre talking about, I see it at school all the time too. People constantlywant to act hard and start fights and whatnot but ultimately, theyre the ones that would be scared to really do something and bring out the chopper if thatswhat it came to.

I grew up in africa, and living with bombings in my city and at my school and witnessing shootouts in the streets and getting shot because of all thisanimosity, I cant stand how people here want to act like they know what all that is about. Fresh dead bodies in the side of the street is not whats up. Allthese wanna be thugs should try to survive a week in somalia, ethiopia, uganda etc. with some of the cats I been around and then we'll see how they feelabout the sets they supposedly represent

I could really go on for days about this supposed gangbanging like you mentioned. It gets me riled up. I dont even know what to say about all these dumb !#@*$involved in it, but they really need to be exposed to the realities of what theyre trying to represent. Tipping your hat and bangin rags might seem cool, butits only until they encounter somebody whos not playing and puts them in check that theyll do so.

and I guess Im sorry to say that while this story's sad i shrug it off, cuz Ive seen oh so much worse: tribal genocide and rebellions and whatnot

Damn Good Read SMH

We could point the finger at so many things but we will never know what he actually endured living in a crack house with a junkie/prostitute mother.Speakingfrom experience when u growing up in a home with a single mother raising multiple kids it's hard to get the love and guidance so you tend to run to thestreets.Your mother is working hard to keep up with the bills and to make ends meet and all your other relatives are caught up in there own life.So who do youreally have to run to but the people on the corner thats there everyday people can say what they want but everybody knows how it is. The story is sad but thetruth is that theres a couple yummy's running around and they not listening to %%$% u kicking because you not relevant to them.

props for whoever bumped this, because i wouldn't have read it otherwise.

read the whole thing, so sad. the mother was just terrible...
smh.gif

glad someone upped this.. i meant to read it when it was posted but couldnt find it... great read, but it sucks too see that even though this happened 15 yrsago how little progress has been made.

just seen the video and the way the aunt described the young lady that passed away while figthing for life was gruesome

Back
Top Bottom