2012 Honda Civic SI

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

da hemi

laugh.gif

Last generation si looks better then the 2012.
If you're willing to not go for a sporty car, then id def recommend the altima, very reliable and alot of room. But if you're really craving a sporty car then id go for the Volkswagen GTI.

the civic can use some nice HID like the S2000...

but word on Honda Fit... its popular and selling like hot cakes.

or mazda 3 5-door (wagon) is getting some good reviews too, especially @ its fuel efficiency.

The fit is hideous tho it serves its person... wrx wagon gets poop gas mileage. Awd forester is the way togo if u do go wagon... less u can afford one of the bebz wags

I dig it.  If I was a dad, I'd probably buy it as a graduation gift for him

I like the civic. It's definitely true how Honda is taking a different approach with its line-up, but if you try to look objectively as possible, the car has been improved in a lot of ways. I think this one gets better MPG, more low-end torque and other stuff.

si's are great cars to have and easily maintainable i live in a neighborhood fueled by honda heads and i am a slight one myself i belief the reviews for expectations were low because the last generation si was ahead of its time especially with the K-series motor as a highlight in addition to the interior and extras per say...

in my opinion its a great car but in terms of a family car....enhh.... but it does deliver in multiple aspects thoe...

good luck with your decision Op

I think you should take a look at the chevy Cruze. It has gotten pretty good reviews foom Car & Driver. They said its fun to drive and has a nice interior.

I too was also thinking about getting this car. But for me i am waiting for the new 2013, to see how that looks. And plus, when they do come out, and if i dont like it. I could easily just get a 2012 for cheaper

Originally Posted by heatking

wait for 2013 to get a civic si. honda CEO's said because of all the bad reviews civic got they are redoing the whole civic in and out. this 2012 civic you wont see any others like it after this year. they are re-doing everything.

my brother has a civic just a regular one, its good point a to point b car.

heres the autoguide post about the civic sohc getting re-done
http://www.autoguide.com/...c-refresh-confirmed.html

heres the autoguide post confiriming the civic si getting re-done
http://www.autoguide.com/...-aggressive-styling.html
eek.gif
 so the 9th generation civic is only one year?! 
laugh.gif
 wow. 
Thanks to all for the help...i'm currently checkin out the GTI, WRX, 2010-2011 SI Sedan's, and the Fit's....probably go test driving some of these out and see which one I like. I don't think I'll wait til the end of the year for the 2013 SI's, even though that does sound promising.

from past experience of the newer GTI's is that they dont hold up well.. had a homie that had tons of problems with his GTI and dealerships always screwed him over in the end. as for the WRX its pretty nice but then again its a turbo so maintenence will be a little more if you dont take care of it and gas mileage isnt all that great. my homie has the newer 2012 civic and the interior is nice! the inside of the car is roomy and comfortable and feels like a real family car. im pretty sure the Si would be better with more torque and power. the fits are decent but id choose the civic over the fit. !%$% IS SLOW. but if you want to save gas i guess....

go with the civic Si

this is coming from a WRX driver

Thanks filipin0y. And this is why I posed the question on here, cause I was hoping to get answers from people that have actually had some kinda experience with these cars...and I'm not really lookin for something with a big kick, I just want something that'll be great gas wise, somewhat convenient for a small family, and something that will just be fun to drive...

and I'm still leaning towards the SI more than any of the other, but I'm trying to keep an open mind..but any other little facts about these cars would be great to know...JumpmanJunkie, how's your GTI holding up? MPG? Maintenance okay?

Thanks again for all the help everyone!

Why doesn't the Mazda Speed3 get any love?... and if you want a wagon either WRX or A4 is the way to go...

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

or A4 is the way to go...
OP said he already has a 335i so I think an A4 is pointless.
Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

I ended up with a 335i instead...not tryin to have two euro whips either...

Isn't the MazdaSpeed3 up for a remodel very soon?

I honestly haven't really like Civics since the 6th generation. The 6th looked amazing and had a great engine.

Back
Top Bottom