2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. you take the top player from those teams and they're trash as well. Also, Bron is at his best when he plays with players who depend on him for his playmaking ability.

KLove is the best option number 2 from any of the other teams you just listed.
I mean, the Celtics don't have their top TWO players and are up 3-0 in the conference semis...

Everyone had a hand in the Phila L but on that play Joel absolutely cannot position himself like that. But yes, Stevens is still scary

I still think he'll be the goods, just not as good if he doesn't resurface with a jumpshot. Wonder if Philly drafts another guard, big or wing this june... I'd go boom or bust with Anfernee. Never too many ballhandlers
I want another big. That is assuming you have a chance with Paul George. We do though have the Australian player we drafted last year who for some reason wasn’t on the team even though he’s better than players on it

I want another big. That is assuming you have a chance with Paul George. We do though have the Australian player we drafted last year who for some reason wasn’t on the team even though he’s better than players on it
Why does Richaun Holmes not play?

Screenshot_20180506-124532.jpg

Oh, Bolden? Was mad you guys snagged him. Interested in seeing him come over

Meh it’s fine.

Sixers and Celtics are gonna be running the East in the foreseeable future anyway. A 2nd round loss does suck since most people thought the Sixers had one of the easier routes to the ECF, but they’ll be here again.
Celtics got a bright future. Sixers might have some issues.
Question I have before I can claim the sixers as the future
1. Can Emiid stay healthy playing a full season without a minutes restriction?
2. Is Fultz a bust?
3. Is Simmons going to stay past his rookie contract?
4. After paying Reddit 23 mil as a free agent is It going to be hard to convince future free agents to sign for less than the reddit contract?

He’s had a staggering, gigantic drop off in efficiency.

He’s not getting to the free throw line, not making threes, and missing a bunch of shots.

All of this has flipped from the regular season when he was an elite offensive option.

We talk about Ben Simmons, but Embiid has had, by far, the bigger drop-off in play.

Blame it on whatever you want, but he’s shrinking right now.

Need Marcus Smart to go '11 JJ Barea, curious to see how Stevens attempts to handle Bron. Could be a competitive series if C's can stop the others from flourishing, which shouldn't be a terrible task but who even knows anymore

I'm just glad we don't have Olynyk switching on Bron this time around :lol:

He’s had a staggering, gigantic drop off in efficiency.

He’s not getting to the free throw line, not making threes, and missing a bunch of shots.

All of this has flipped from the regular season when he was an elite offensive option.

We talk about Ben Simmons, but Embiid has had, by far, the bigger drop-off in play.

Blame it on whatever you want, but he’s shrinking right now.

He was selling a whole lotta wolf tickets last week

It is pretty amazing to me that we’ve obviously been lacking in athleticism matched up with Boston when having lineups with TJ-JJ-Marco-Dario-Ilyasova on the floor yet possibly our three best athletes (Fultz, Justin Anderson and Holmes) haven’t played one single second this series. Brett Brown better at least throw them in there for a few minutes tomorrow night and see what happens.

You want to pretend the 80's Lakers and Celtics weren't stacked .

Celtics owned him bec. They flat out had the better team with the big 3 and he still made it a hell of a series... Cleveland is only great bec. Of Lebron you take him out of that team and it's a lottery team..
What a day. Dudes all over seriously losing their minds over this. Acting like they’ve never seen a game winning shot before. Even saw a tweet from a female reporter saying that Brad Stevens is the greatest coach ever and “don’t @“ her. Is this the new age sports mindset? People getting so caught up with emotion in the moment start saying the dumbest things.
naw, lebron been balling it's just not people actually seem to respect it

People will continue to point fingers at the players on our team and their numbers in this series and continue to not realize that the Celtics are playing ****ing unstoppable defense and we have bad matchups with them.

I'm pretty sure sagging 10 feet off 2007 big rondo isnt unstoppable defense. Seems like hitting a three could stop that.......

It is pretty amazing to me that we’ve obviously been lacking in athleticism matched up with Boston when having lineups with TJ-JJ-Marco-Dario-Ilyasova on the floor yet possibly our three best athletes (Fultz, Justin Anderson and Holmes) haven’t played one single second this series. Brett Brown better at least throw them in there for a few minutes tomorrow night and see what happens.
I don't get how he just hasn't tried to do something a bit different at any time in this series. It really does not make sense.

Sigh. Well Brown says Amir Johnson is a better defender. But the issue is is that Amir is too old to even jump. So while he may be able to bang with a big Holmes is a better rebounded and can give you an explosive spark and he’s better on offense.

But the real answer is that Brown has terrible rotations and doesn’t like certain players. He loves Saric and Covington to a fault. You have Holmes, Justin Anderson, Mcconnell(who just started getting play game 2) and Fultz in the bench. Covington and saric have been struggling shooting. Instead no we’re gonna forge ahead with them

Nah it’s bad but not that bad. Biggest choke goes to the Thunder up 3-1

Got blinded by the hype but this is the same team that showed up in the beginning of the season. Inconsistent shooting, defensive lapses and a **** ton of turnovers. At the end of the day, you always regress to who you are. I mean look at the Raptors lol

Sixers too the leap a year earlier than expected. The success we have now is what should’ve happened last year had Simmons not got hurt. Gotta add some 2 way wings and a Simmons jump shot

You a good dude. Im just trollin Buc em

Celtics got a bright future. Sixers might have some issues.
Question I have before I can claim the sixers as the future
1. Can Emiid stay healthy playing a full season without a minutes restriction?
2. Is Fultz a bust?
3. Is Simmons going to stay past his rookie contract?
4. After paying Reddit 23 mil as a free agent is It going to be hard to convince future free agents to sign for less than the reddit contract?
1. embiid has a fairly healthy season aside from the broken face which was a fluke
2. Who knows
3. I don’t see why he wouldn’t stay. That’s a weird point
4. Why would it be hard. We have tons of space and somebody is gonna get a max deal easily this summer or the next. Also the reddick deal isn’t more desirable than a multi year guaranteed deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom