2021 ANGELS SEASON THREAD

Valiant effort i'm proud of our Angels for fighting till the very end. Gonna need to make some changes in the offseason we could use another bat and pitching doesn't hurt. Justin Upton anyone?

I hear ya, erupt.

I do.

And I've always been a Scoscia apologist. Always defended him, always liked him.

And I still like him, for sure. Just wondering if he hasn't... lost it.

He used to make underachievers overachieve; Erstad, Eckstein, Donnelly, Spiezio, Kennedy. Now we have stacked rosters missing the playoffs. :\ Trout, Pujols (WS MVP), Freese (WS MVP), and you factor in how Cole has been playing, and we miss the playoffs? :\

Like I can definitely put a lot of blame on our bullpen, but it's not like Houston's BP is breaking records. I refuse to believe Houston is better than us... but they're in.

Texas, man, they struck gold getting Hamels. :\

Last edited:
Up 3-0 against Houston.
At home.
2 outs.
Nobody on base.
0-2 count.

We lose 5-3. We win that game we finish one game up on the Astros.

August was really the month that did us in. Trout was in a huge slump, Pujols cooled off, and Freese was hurt.

I actually agree that Sosh's ways have probably gotten stale now. But I also think it has a lot to do with the roster. I used to love having erstads, figgins, ecksteins. Guys who could run. We used to elad the league in stolen bases. Then we got long money and started going after the big power guys at the expense of our farm system.

I'd be okay with a new manager if Sosh opts out but I think he's done too much for the franchise to fire him. Epsecially without a clear cut favorite to replace him. Can you imagine ending up with Matt Williams :wow: :lol:

till this day Im not making too much of his championship season... bud black and joe maddon certainly helped his a$s out...

great he just said he is coming back next season... here's to another year of moves and non moves that dont make any sense yeeepeeee

The last two games pretty much summed up the season.

Went from "Yes! they'll finally turned the corner and make a run" to " JK we're still struggling".

I read good things about the new GM hopefully theyll be aggresive this offseason.

#BringBackHowie :smokin

Nah, can't be Scoscia.

He's the only manager in MLB history to take his team to the playoffs 6 times in his first 10 years with the club.

^ I read that, too. Eppler said him and Scosh are in "lock step."

I like it.

I never liked the Butcher hire. Not sure about Baylor but Butcher did not seem to be effective in his role.

Is Bud Black still trying to be a manager? We need need to getthe old band together. Hit up Mickey Hatcher, Bud Black, and Ron Roenicke. See if Joe Maddon wants to come back too :lol:

Last edited:
Might have to grab these to support Mr. Trout 
smokin.gif

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/lunar-trout-2-turf-baseball-cleat/pid-10333248/pgid-10333249

New thread or keep this one going? 
nerd.gif

Whatever  you guys want.

Leggo!! 
nthat.gif

Gotta win the series tonight. Behind much of the first game but had an incredible 8th. Behind the whole game last night, shutout. Would like to see us get the lead early and hang on to it, tonight.

Very surprised by that. I already wrote him off for the year but we definitely need some good pitching right about now. Hope he proves me wrong.

Been out of town the last few days but I will be updating this thread on the daily basis from here on out.

Trout with his first HR tonight :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom