40k salary for a job you like or 100k for a job you don't like?

Most peeps fap, or play games.  All are aspiring nerdy highest score dudes wishing their girls are 10s.
If you smoke trees - then maybe you should be in colorado trying to figure out how to open your own legal shop, be a researcher on the effects of mary jane, etc..

If you play games - then find a job within the gaming industry whether that be playing, creating, or developing your own game. (see the documentary Indie game)

I think everyone faps in their spare time
laugh.gif
but if you're truly addicted then maaaaybe you should try to enter into the sex toy industry. paws.

Last edited:
If you smoke trees - then maybe you should be in colorado trying to figure out how to open your own legal shop, be a researcher on the affects of mary jane, etc..

If you play games - then find a job within the gaming industry whether that be playing, creating, or developing your own game. (see the documentary Indie game)

I think everyone faps in their spare time :lol: but if you're truly addicted then maaaaybe you should try to enter into the sex toy industry. paws.

fuse all that into cosplay

My point is the ppl on this board have a warped sense of reality that 40k isn't enough to live on and 100k isn't a lot because statistics show otherwise

u can never make enuff. everyone is always pushing up. u work cuz of money

Last edited:
:lol:  How to live on 40k? 100k not that much?  I don't know what warped sense of reality you guys are on but 40k is more than majority of the country and 100k puts you in the top 10% which means its more than 90% of Americans.  I know someone who has 6 kids and his wife doesn't work all living on his 60k income in the bay area.  Also there are plenty of people working 60 hours a week for 40k

You can definitely live life on a moderate income but we don't live in a generation where people are conservative for their money anymore. People want more money not to save or invest but just to splurge and live life in the present. That really is the difference between this generation and the ones before.

And don't neglect the people that live it up way more than they should but are in tons of debt and pay it off the minimum every month.

You can definitely live life on a moderate income but we don't live in a generation where people are conservative for their money anymore. People want more money not to save or invest but just to splurge and live life in the present. That really is the difference between this generation and the ones before.

And don't neglect the people that live it up way more than they should but are in tons of debt and pay it off the minimum every month.
so true. It ain't what you make, its what you spend..

If you smoke trees - then maybe you should be in colorado trying to figure out how to open your own legal shop, be a researcher on the affects of mary jane, etc..

I think everyone faps in their spare time
laugh.gif
but if you're truly addicted then maaaaybe you should try to enter into the sex toy industry. paws.
First example requires ALOT of capital, second option is a very hard market to get into now a days (also alot of companies closing) , and requires schooling and years of experience.

Everything sounds so easy on paper, but it takes a lot of hard work that many people aren't willing to do. There is a reason why STEM careers are in high demand, nobody wants to put in the hard work to get the degree, most rather get the BA in Communications.

I agree with you that people should make their own businesses, but it doesn't have to be your passion.
Some people can be broke making any amount of money.
So true you could give someone that is broke making 30K/yr 100K/yr and they would still be broke.

Most people live way outside of their means.

Last edited:
lOL its not just about the lavish. its about the expenses in life itself. LOL.

tuition
mouths to feed
car
insurance
utilities
etc. etc

all that before lavish.

First example requires ALOT of capital, second option is a very hard market to get into now a days (also alot of companies closing) , and requires schooling and years of experience.

Everything sounds so easy on paper, but it takes a lot of hard work that many people aren't willing to do. There is a reason why STEM careers are in high demand, nobody wants to put in the hard work to get the degree, most rather get the BA in Communications.

I agree with you that people should make their own businesses, but it doesn't have to be your passion.

So true you could give someone that is broke making 30K/yr 100K/yr and they would still be broke.

Most people live way outside of their means.
We're saying the same thing, with minor variances. My examples aren't meant to be the end all be all "you should do this", but rather showcase that no matter what you're into -- there is an industry in it. It might be tough and grueling but you wont mind if you truly love what you're doing.

Also, having your own business isn't a necessity when it comes to doing something you love or passionate about. There's different definitions of what success is for every person however, being unhappy at your job should not be apart of that.

I don't think many here actually understand what making a living really means.  They don't have a single clue as to what expenses are, because they make it sound so easy.  The phrase 'time is money' makes sense and as some of you folks actually go through life, you'll start to understand this.  You'll begin to understand that $40K/year is NOT ENOUGH, and that will motivate you to look for a higher paying job so that you can accomplish your financial goals 'QUICKER'.  But you'll never understand this perception till you actually experience it.  Until then, keep 'believing' that a $40K/year job is sufficient and will make you happy.  It WON'T because your FINANCIAL STRESS will become a nightmare.

Human beings want security.  They want the extra cash, they want to be paid with out putting in the sacrifice, so they want to 'believe' that $40K/year in lala land to be perfect.  Yet as you'll hear from the 'alleged' stories, that people who make that much actually sacrifice something.

Maybe a more appropriate self-fulfilling question would be, "Would you want to make $10MM a year doing something you like or $20MM a year doing something you disliked?"  The deeper question beneath this is what are you willing to compromise !!  Think about it.

I dont know where you're at, but you do know it people living and prospersing off of 30K

Either you're somewhere with a high cost of living(meaning theres not going to be a lot of 40k jobs thats enjoyable in any sense), or you can manage money.

50% of Americans have income of 28k or less and they're all living so I don't get how dudes are saying you can't live on 40k

Is there really a huge difference in quality of life between someone earning $10MM and another earning $20MM?

What, you can buy a more exclusive car or a bigger house? Not that you claimed so, but at that point if you aren't happy you never will be.

And plenty of people live comfortably making far less than $100K/yr. Those people live in apartments, drive cars that are paid for and manage their money correctly, aka not financing a lifestyle and putting it all on credit.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter if you make 100k or 40k, it's a matter of how you live. There's ppl that makes 100k a year and struggling...I know ppl that makes 30K and living their life..owning a home, take trips, and splurge here and there. We need to learn to be debt free.

A lot of people out here living beyond their means. Not enough people trying to stay out of debt.

Last edited:
I can't live off of 40K that is just my preference. With the amount of money I save/invest its not possible for me.

@Calypso Chanta repped, I agree.

Last edited:
where and what are these 30-40k jobs and demographics some speak of?

so jason scott lee happy living off 10K a year and staring at bear and gorilla meat in the state parks?

I'm from south Louisiana and let me tell you making $40k-$50k at 24, with no kids, and being single can take you a long way.

Give me that $100k job doe.

What are you talking about? Bear and gorilla meat?

You go to stores, right? You think all of those people are making $100 or closer to the $40K range? You eat out, right? Again, what do you think servers, cooks or hosts make a year?

Do you think they're homless and sleep on the sidewalks after work?

Stop playing dumb. Some of those people have families and both parents work and they do alright. How about people working in construction or as electricians or mechanics? Personal trainers or people working at the gym? Some office worksers make money in the $40K range... Come on bruh...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom