50 Cent vs Rick Ross (Latest: Rick Ross Drops A Cartoon About G-Unit )

R U SERIOUS CAMRON HAS WENT PLATINUM ONLY TWICE SCINCE HE CAME OUT HELL NO HE AINT GOIN GOLD.....COMPUTERS PUTIN LOL COME ON GUYS HES DONE EVEN JIMMY KNOWSTHIS AND THATS HIS MAN FROM DAY 1

I consider Clipse the South too.

Eh, it could go either way. Majority of Virginians don't consider themselves southerners though (myself included).

Ain't nobody knockin' like Gucci.
Ain't nobody had a 1st week and buzz like Wanye.
Ain't nobody got the lyrics like the Brothers Thorton.
Ain't nobody's BDS like Tip's, he's killing the radio.
QFT.

Yall can hate the south for their "lack of lyricism", but they have dominated the game for the past 5+ years now.

Its funny cause, last yr this time I would have never listened to Gucci Mane, now dude stays on my rotation heavy
laugh.gif

I like fif. He's a funny dude. I think 50's hustle > Jigga's.
But anyways I was dying when 50 said next time you see me, don't give me a pass. I want you to do something.
roll.gif

I remember watching this vid of Bang Em' and Domination and even though those dudes hate his guts they still said 50 wasn't
no soft !+@++, he still got busy.

What happaned with E-Class and Ross though

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

50 Cent's List of Victims

1. Ja Rule (Gone)
2. Fat Joe (Irrelevant)
3. Cam'Ron (Missing in Action)
4. Young Buck (Exposed)
5. The Game (Abandoned by G-Unit and ditched by Dr. Dre)

laugh.gif
Yup....50 got this game of ending N's careers down to a tee. You're up next Ross...

Originally Posted by blazersfan

Eh, it could go either way. Majority of Virginians don't consider themselves southerners though (myself included).

QFT.

Yall can hate the south for their "lack of lyricism", but they have dominated the game for the past 5+ years now.

Its funny cause, last yr this time I would have never listened to Gucci Mane, now dude stays on my rotation heavy
laugh.gif

Over The years the fan's have got dumber. That's why the south is doing the thing cause they have simple and basic lyrics but
East>>>>South

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

1. Ja Rule (Gone)
2. Fat Joe (Irrelevant)
4. Young Buck (Exposed)

laugh.gif
Yup....50 got this game of ending N's careers down to a tee. You're up next Ross...
i co-sign on everyone on that list except for killa... he has a heavy fanbase.. and his comin out with a mixtape next week.... but still no reason why he hiding or on vacation...

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by Remi23

QFT.

laugh.gif

Over The years the fan's have got dumber. That's why the south is doing the thing cause they have simple and basic lyrics but
East>>>>South
yes the east coast fans have gotten dumber because yall the only ones that havent realized that music is more than just lyrics...

Nah the Mainstream fans have got dumber. That's why everything is dumb down. Everyone has dumb the lyrics down but mainly the SOUTH

QFT.

laugh.gif

East>>>>South

Now that's just wrong. I'm a fan, as I get older, I get wiser (or so I like to think). With that said, I enjoy GOOD MUSIC...no matter where it comesfrom. The truth of the matter is, the South has been making more dope %$* than NY...Sorry. I'm a child of the golden-era 1988-1996...back when n's wasmaking super classics...that's not there anymore. Sorry. The South has been doing it for sometime now. If yall don't see that, then I don't knowwhat else to say....Kast told yall back in '94 that "The South got something to say" and they were right.

"Simple and Basic lyrics"....?? What? Have you listened to old LL, The Fat boys, Kurtis Blow, Beastie Boys, and other classic Hip-Hop from NY?It's all simple rhyme scemes and beats. Similar to now; it's just that now, it's more danceable.

Lol 50 will use the next 3 months of his life taking Officer Ricky out. That cartoon was great.

QFT.

laugh.gif

East>>>>South

Or maybe fans have gotten smarter and dont look for rap songs to educate them. The majority of college students bump Gucci, Jeezy, etc. Nobody wants to hearmetaphors or similes when they leaving a english or psychology lecture.

Hip Hop just got back to the essence not late 80s early 90s essence but when hip hop actually started with dancing, partying and feel good music u can keepyour depressing lyrics, rap battles and cold weather up there
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Originally Posted by rocyaice

1. Ja Rule (Gone)
2. Fat Joe (Irrelevant)
4. Young Buck (Exposed)

laugh.gif
Game still sellin' records on his own imprint so you can cross him off the list. Fat Joe was irrelevant before Fif went at him so cross him off. Cam just ain't dropped #$$. Cam came out on top of that #$$ if you ask me so cross him off. Ja Rule is debatable. I'd be willing to say Fif took part in his downfall but i'd also give credit to Ja himself for puttin' out so much garbage. Jury is still out on Buck.

If you consider those battles lost than what about Fif? Massacre sold 5 million records and when he beefs with Game and Cam all of a sudden he barely sells a milion? G-Unit does 200k? Only cat Fif really hurt as far as careers go is Ja. That's it. Dudes act like he's ether'd cats lol.

C'mon now fam. You can't seriously tell me that 50 aint had at least a hand in all of those dudes I had named careers taking a downward spiral...

Ja Rule is easy to figure out. That dude had Grammy nominations and songs with Mary J. Blige before 50 came in and ethered his career. 50 exposed Ja Rule and had damn near everyone taking sides with 50. Ja Rule still to this day gets asked about the 50 Cent beef so you know there's alot of truth in it.

Fat Joe hasn't been the same since the late 90's. You talk about a rapper who picks his spots carefully and that's Fat Joe. He was actually alot nicer in the 90's before and during the Big Pun era than he was after. After Pun died that dude lost credibility abandoning most if not all of his street cred and took it down south because he knew the south was poppin'. Maybe it's a smart business move on Joe's part but dude is not even in a legitimate conversation for rappers who have held it down for NY since they came out.

As for Cam...I agree that dude still has a loyal following and I mess with Cam's music but is it coincidence that Jim Jones would just out of the blue decide to make a guest appearance on BET Rap City while 50 and the Unit were hosting the show? I think not. We all know 50 and Cam went at it in 07 and there's always 2 sides to a coin but I think it made Cam look real weak during that time when NY to an extent still had love for the Unit and Set. Granted Cam doesn't really need to drop an album but its funny how he's been nowhere really on TV since his guest cameo on Ballin..

Buck just made himself look weak. No grown man should be crying to another grown man claiming "I'm Confused!"
laugh.gif
50 gets $...doesnt' mean he's a great rapper and in fact he definitely isn't. But I'm sure he helped Buck in alot of ways and Buck bit the hand that fed him...now he's busy finding people to do guest appearances with.
ohwell.gif

Game still sells music. But I aint say anything that isn't true. 50 kicked him out of the group and Dre doesn't mess with Game like that either. Regardless of the situation, that's the way it went down and still is...

Alright but can't u say the same thing about 50?
50 was once breaking records and doin 5 mill and ##@@ and look at him now...
He last 2 projects were both duds...
and he released a single (produced by Dr. Dre) that has no Buzz WHATSOEVER...
Look for gettin it in that ##@@ is no where to be found on any chart (Itunes, Billboard)
A game fan can come and say "Game took down 50 cents career" and he would be just as right as you are....
About the same !%% I would've said. If we're gonna say Fif killed those dudes careers than we may have say the same for those dudes above.Especially Game and Cam. That's when I realized Fif's popularity died down. You can argue that Fif is Ja Rule status right now. Not where Ja Rule is atright now because dude can't even get a release date but Ja Rule status around the time he started battling Fif.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Em > The South.

Stop it. You know damn well Andre 3000> Em. Or hell maybe even Andre = Em if you want. We can roll with that one to not even have a endless debate about Emand Dre. But Em>The South? I think cats forget that Em ain't dropped a hot album in 6 years and gets drastically worse with each album.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

QFT.

laugh.gif

East>>>>South
yes the east coast fans have gotten dumber because yall the only ones that havent realized that music is more than just lyrics...

Co-sign this !%%. Cats think if its lyrically hot that's all it needs to be a hot song. I can't speak for the next man but I can tolerate decent lyricsand hot beats. I can't tolerate garbage hooks, hot lyrics and wack beats though. I've tried but I just can't F with it.

The thing I find most funny about cats talkin' about the East is on top is these dudes have Max B, Biggie and Big L as their avatars. Nothing wrong withthe latter but I think that pretty much explains the current state of East Coast music. It was hot 10 years ago but it died along with Big L and BIG.

Once again, cats judging what the better music is off of sales or radio play ?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Who is doing it for the east right now ?

You got a grip of underground/less heard of artists holding it down.

- You got AOTP which is about to drop their 3rd straight classic album
- Outerspace just dropped a crazy album a few months ago
- King Syze dropped a
pimp.gif
album
- King Magnetic dropped a
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
album
- Paz/Ill Bill about to drop a collabo
- Canibus about to drop Rip The Jacker 2
- Sean P been dropping heat
- Killah Priest and Kamachi dropped one of the best albums of 08
- Vordul Mega
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

- Tragedy Khadafi dropped great albums (locked up now)
- Monch been holding it down
- Technique dropped a great album, working on an epic one for 09 right now
- Hell Razah / Shabaaz
- Coka Nostra (mostly)
- Apathy dropped a great album, about to drop another one
- aesop rock (even though I don't really like him)
- GZA's protools went slept on by most cats, even though it was a banger
- Jus Allah gonna drop Collosus
- Elzhi
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

- Demigodz
pimp.gif

- Az
- eMc
- Chino XL
- KRS
- Mega
- Vakill
- Snowgoons (mostly)
- LCOB and a ton of other wu-tang affiliates

If you wanna look at mainstream a lot of albums were underated... untitled, elpephant in the room
laugh.gif
, OB4CL2 gonna drop BP3 gonna drop, Em dropping,

there are many more.

Don't get me wrong, the South has some quality music too, but it will be a cold day in hell it tops the East.

The things posted are more than just lyrics too, they combine delivery and hot beats, flow etc

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

1. Ja Rule (Gone)
2. Fat Joe (Irrelevant)
4. Young Buck (Exposed)

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

Once again, cats judging what the better music is off of sales or radio play ?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Who is doing it for the east right now ?

You got a grip of underground/less heard of artists holding it down.

- You got AOTP which is about to drop their 3rd straight classic album

- Outerspace just dropped a crazy album a few months ago

- King Syze dropped a
pimp.gif
album

- King Magnetic dropped a
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
album

- Paz/Ill Bill about to drop a collabo

- Canibus about to drop Rip The Jacker 2

- Sean P been dropping heat

- Killah Priest and Kamachi dropped one of the best albums of 08

- Vordul Mega
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

- Tragedy Khadafi dropped great albums (locked up now)

- Monch been holding it down

- Technique dropped a great album, working on an epic one for 09 right now

- Hell Razah / Shabaaz

- Coka Nostra (mostly)

- Apathy dropped a great album, about to drop another one

- aesop rock (even though I don't really like him)

- GZA's protools went slept on by most cats, even though it was a banger

- Jus Allah gonna drop Collosus

- Elzhi
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

- Demigodz
pimp.gif

- Az

- eMc

- Chino XL

- KRS

- Mega

- Vakill

- Snowgoons (mostly)

- LCOB and a ton of other wu-tang affiliates

If you wanna look at mainstream a lot of albums were underated... untitled, elpephant in the room
laugh.gif
, OB4CL2 gonna drop BP3 gonna drop, Em dropping,

there are many more.

Don't get me wrong, the South has some quality music too, but it will be a cold day in hell it tops the East.

The things posted are more than just lyrics too, they combine delivery and hot beats, flow etc

we take everything into account, not just the music, but the artists themselves as well. At the end of the day, 50 > officer ricky + themajority of the artists you mentioned.

All that talkin about 50 ending somebodys career...and this *#!@+ drops a CARTOON.

LIKE WHO DOES THAT?

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom