52 Week Money Challenge ... week 26 of 52. halfway there...

I'm down for this. I'm gonna try and save $100 every paycheck though. Gotta micromanage my paper and stop eating out so damn much.

Deposited my week 3..up to $44.71 :smokin..i'm kinda likin this saving thing so far..

I got two. One jar I just throw ones, fives and change in when I come in. The other I'm following the challenge to the letter. I think I will use the second one for Christmas shopping.

I did something like this a long time ago.

I would put away half of my "spending money" meaning after my bills were paid off and everything or books for school food and all that.

At the end of 2 months I had around $2000.

I don't know what the hell I was spending money on.

So far I've deposited $20, $40, and $60. I want to see how far I'll be able to go. i need a new car. :smh:

Trying to do 3$ a week got first month done no problem 
smokin.gif
 After June/July I know the struggle is gonna be real tho

Trying to do 3$ a week got first month done no problem 
smokin.gif

After June/July I know the struggle is gonna be real tho

Alternate methods could be

$10 a week for $520
$20 a week for $1040

Etc. whichever one is easier.

I think these could be easier because its a constant amount. SOS there will never be a time when you feel like there is a huge raise in the cost.

Last edited:
I understand the logic behind it but I think it might have a reserve effect for most. Knowing you have some "rainy day" change, you are more liable to act a fool financially elsewhere. Now if you do the 52 week challenge on top of cutting out stupid purchases, cool. SMart choice.

If you aren't going to be monitoring overall spending, I think it is pointless.

Makes no sense to do this 52 week challenge and turn around and buy hundred+ dollar handbags or shoes and think you are really doing anyhting different than before.

That would be like me giving up alcohol and allowing myself to increase my sweets intake.
I agree.

There is such a thing as saving such a small amount to where it becomes negligible.

If the choice is saving $500/year or enjoying that $500 then I'd do the latter in a heartbeat.

If the choice is saving 5k/year or enjoying that $5k then I'd do the former.

doing 26.50 a week ..made a separate savings account dedicated to the challenge

Am I buggin or is that a combination of D.WADE/D.ROSE in your avy ? :nerd: :lol:

Anyways, $26.50 per week is a great idea and it will still lead you to $1,378 at the end of the year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom