52 Week Money Challenge ... week 26 of 52. halfway there...

man im in. Great way to save for some shopping money for my trip to Brazil in 2014.
smokin.gif
world cup? 
nerd.gif

speaking of which i have BofA checking and that is free (only cuz they think i'm a student)
is savings free as well? :nerd:

I'm doing this. I already move a set amount out of every paycheck into my savings, will just add this amount on top of it. My bank allows me to schedule transfers but theres no option to set it to raise the amount periodically. Sticky Note on the comp so I wont forget
Week 36 im putting in a extra dollar
A+

Last edited:
I am doing this but I will alternate first n last week as to not make it so back end heavy. 200 bones n December and 10 n January seems dumb.

For those looking down their noses at this technique.... Don't you think there are some doing this AND their normal money saving methods?

Anyhow I suck at these daily or weekly challenges.
I was supposed to put a dollar a day in a piggy bank.
But kept forgetting :smh:

You can incorporate this into your own savings plan.
That chart is very beneficial.
Stick to the script, if you can add more than what the chart says go for it. If you do it weekly, try not to go below the minimum required for that week.

I really don't understand people who clown or look down on you for trying different ways to save money :smh: .. not all of us were fortunate enough to be feed with a silver spoon all our lives and not all of us make 6 figures yet.

Last edited:
Wish someone would make a reverse chart. Yes I'm lazy.

Looks good. Will MAKE the lady do this bc she is horrible with money. Like most.... nvm.

I also will use this technique to add to my WC Brazil Trip. 8)

this looks SO EASY, but I know it's going to be an inconvenience at first, then get harder and harder towards the end of the year . . . I'll give it a try though.

I really don't understand people who clown or look down on you for trying different ways to save money :smh: .. not all of us were fortunate enough to be feed with a silver spoon all our lives and not all of us make 6 figures yet.

i don't think I'll ever make six figures . . .

i don't think I'll ever make six figures . . .

:lol: a full time job, side hustle legal/illegal, a business or joint venture on/off the books, etc can get you there if your not lucky enough to land a 6-figure job .. doesn't sound easy but it's achievable.

I'm terrible at saving money. I really don't know how people do it. I'll do the 2 dollars because it feels more reasonable than 10%.

if youre transferring from checking to savings, which i was going to do, you have a limit of number of transfers you can do per month before getting charged
at least w/ bofa
Are you sure it isn't the other way around? Bank rules state that you are limited to 6 transfers per month from a savings account. Since banks pay higher FDIC insurance rates on savings accounts, they don't want people treating them like a checking account.

Back
Top Bottom