A question to all S430 and 323i drivers. Why debadge?

lrrr

Banned
Are you ashamed of what you have?
nerd.gif

it's not about being ashamed...

Some folks like a clean look on the back of their ride. I like the clean look, no numbers. Someone once told me, anyone who knows anything about your whip willbe able to see what model it is (if you keep it stock). So having it in words and numbers isn't exactly necessary....

I have a feeling I'll be riding a clean look in the back of any car I drive...

signed,

someone who doesn't drive either one of the OP's mentioned vehicles.

I've never seen a de-badged M3, M5, M6, or AMG Mercedes. I wonder why those guys don't go for that "clean look"
nerd.gif

Yea thats BS, most of the people that de-badge their high end luxury cars don't want people to know what model their car is, but i have seen de-badgedM3's, M5's, and other high end cars but at a lower rate. Personally I think its tacky, something you see people with non luxury cars do like VW's,and Honda's

Debadging previous Gen' S-Classes is pointless because the S550's are out.... So even if you're tryna fool someone...you still lose...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rtask

ive seen lots of debadged modded M3s.
Yup. Also I think people with AMGs for the most part dont debadge because they want to flaunt their money, but also its a different crowd. Usuallyyounger people debadge their cars (Which is another reason I see a lot more debadged M3's than debadged AMGs/M5s.) and older people will just buy the carand leave it as is.

I don't understand why people buy S430s and 323is in the first place. Just to say you have a MB or a BMW? Yeah these cars are better then what I drive butI feel that you only buy a car once, so why not get the best one. When I say you buy a car once I mean you don't buy cars everyday, buying a car is a longterm investment in a way.

saddest thing i seen was a 525 re-badged as an M5.. dude mustve had the swagger of 15 men.. like nobody was gonna notice that he only had 1 set of exhausts.LOL

Originally Posted by Michael Langot

saddest thing i seen was a 525 re-badged as an M5.. dude mustve had the swagger of 15 men.. like nobody was gonna notice that he only had 1 set of exhausts. LOL

I saw a an e46 sedan the other day with an m3 badge on in on the Grand Central today
smh.gif

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

it's not about being ashamed...

Some folks like a clean look on the back of their ride. I like the clean look, no numbers. Someone once told me, anyone who knows anything about your whip will be able to see what model it is (if you keep it stock). So having it in words and numbers isn't exactly necessary....

I have a feeling I'll be riding a clean look in the back of any car I drive...

signed,

someone who doesn't drive either one of the OP's mentioned vehicles.
agreed. clean aesthetics FTW

in scottsdale people are such tools that they are puttin the amg on the back
laugh.gif
i love those e550 amg, s500 amgs, sl500 amgs and my favorite...SLK32AMG!!!!!
eek.gif

I've seen 3-Series with just M3 fender grills, regular Civics, Accords, etc. with Type R badges. The best one was this MB E-Class one time with AMG andBrabus badges on his car.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by aar1002

laugh.gif
eek.gif

Don't forget people putting the Motorsport badges on BMW's like, ///M 525, ///M X5, ///M 323.
laugh.gif

I've seen it the other way around.
For example, in the DSM scene... people remove their tags off their AWD turbo's to make it seem low key like the lower-end models. But anyone who knowsanything about the car will know what you rollin' with.

here's another way to look at it...does it really matter if a car is badged/debadged if it's NOT an M, AMG, S-Type, R, etcetera?

Originally Posted by aar1002

laugh.gif
eek.gif

AMG really makes a SLK32. I remember one time some guy in a faux s63 AMG was making some snide comments about my pcar. I said "I really like how youchanged to smaller rotors and calipers why don't you show me whats really under your hood" dude got all quiet in front of his boys.

I kinda like the letters and numbers on the back of mine, even if it isn't one of the higher end models (SLK230). I always thought it was part of the car.

Back
Top Bottom