AIR JORDAN 13 LOW (RUMORED 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you comment on the leather and material quality from the OG to the 2011 to the 2015?

Apologize I did not reply earlier. I was already asleep when you posted and also worked and came home two hours ago.

As for the the leather on the toebox, the leather on the OG's is the softest (by a mile). The 2011's & 2015 lows are very close (more stiff). The leather on the 2011's are the most tumbled, followed by the OG's and then the 2015 lows.

As for the leather of the side panels of each: The 2015's have the softest leather of the three, followed by the OG's and the 2011's being the most stiff (but very close to the OG's).

Out of all of them, the OG's have been worn.

Hopefully this helps.

Last edited:
Still can't decide which is better.
Yeah that's a tough one...

Although:

2005 Black Maize suede midsole > 2015 Playoff Lows painted midsole

2005 flimsy rubber Jumpman Emblem < 2015 Metal/Hard Plastic Jumpman Emblem

2005 mesh panels = 2015 Thick Cut Leather panels (both are equally dope in their own ways)

2005 toe box > 2015 toe box (my guess only)

2005 retro+ colorway < 2015 OG colorway (debatable since OG were Mids)

for the ppl that got their pairs, how do the lows fit?  just curious because was thinking of getting a pair but idk the fit :/ thanks!

At first I wasn't to fond of them, but once I saw them on feet in person, :pimp: [emoji]128293[/emoji]

Time to find my size!

Thanks for the help guys. I am true size 8.5 and was going to trade Kd7 for a size 8 of these but u guess they won't fit haha ^^

At first I wasn't to fond of them, but once I saw them on feet in person,
pimp.gif
[emoji]128293[/emoji]

Time to find my size!
i  saw them on feet saturday and was like 
eek.gif
  i done goofed 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
My pair came in yesterday, so happy I double up. I hit my pair with some black magic interior cleaner. Really makes the panels pop and give the shoes richer look. Trying to talk myself out of a third pair

Suede is nice, does not feel like felt material used on the recent OG AM90 release; Upper with the tumbled look is a nice thick leather cut; toe box feels stiff like a synthetic material, probably done in order to appease all those who whine about creasing; Would have probably been better if they used plastic/metal gold lace tips instead of just using gold colored tape.

Amen, I concur with your assessment. Personally, I prefer a leather toe box tip and don't mind the creasing (my OG chutneys and navies are creased all to hell but so what), but many people do so this synthetic toe box makes sense.

Overall, good quality.

they didn't use cheap, synthetic materials on the toebox to appease those of us that "complain" about creasing. they coud care less. :lol: they obviously did it to cut cost.

they didn't use cheap, synthetic materials on the toebox to appease those of us that "complain" about creasing. they coud care less.
laugh.gif
they obviously did it to cut cost.
I'm not sure they "could care less" what customers think about something. Even Nike/Jordan have to be responsive to customers. But sure, I agree costs matter greatly to them and could have been the primary motive.

EB is slow as hell. Still havent shipped and the label has been printed since Saturday. Ordered og 1 lasers on same day from fnl and they are already half way. Is EB always this slow?

My pair came in yesterday, so happy I double up. I hit my pair with some black magic interior cleaner. Really makes the panels pop and give the shoes richer look. Trying to talk myself out of a third pair

Any pics?

I'll take a few when I get home from work, I only have one pair of the playoff lows. So I'll take pics of the pair of red pods,, that I didn't treat to use as a comparison

Anyone considering or planning to die the liner black?  Seems like a relatively easy custom job but chances are I would F it up

Anyone considering or planning to die the liner black?  Seems like a relatively easy custom job but chances are I would F it up

I thought about coloring the pods black until I got them in hand and put them on. They look pretty dope TBH just as they are.

Now if they would have made these all black with the 3M on the upper....:smokin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom