Air jordan 7 Playoffs retro 2022 - 30th anniversary

Not just metal guys...The 6’s and 7’s were the New Balance 99x of their time...Everybody from just about every walk of life had a pair...Black / Infrared 6’s and Playoff 7’s in particular were the ones people were really after but all the colorways got love...

To me, Mike reached the height of his popularity right after the Bulls won that first championship...Really took off globally with the Olympics in ‘92, and really didn’t start to come back down to earth until the end of the decade...People literally wanted to “Be like Mike” during those championship years in particular...I say it all the time but it’s hard to verbalize just how popular the man was...
”Popular” doesn’t even begin to describe it actually, to the point that unless you were alive at the time, then there’s no modern comparison to relate it to...
I kind of felt like the Black-Infrared 6 was the peak-popularity shoe.

But nowadays it's overshadowed by the 1s and 11s.

In my era, IVs were by far the most popular when I grew up.

concur, very few rocked 1s. The 1 is kinda now this hipster, hypebeast shoe that everyone is in love with.

I know this has come up 100 times ... wearing the old model, any model, very far into the latest model's run was generally considered uncool. But wearing the 1s was on a whole different level of outdated. It was like wearing a shoe from the 1800s LOL

Last edited:
I know this has come up 100 times ... wearing the old model, any model, very far into the latest model's run was generally considered uncool. But wearing the 1s was on a whole different level of outdated. It was like wearing a shoe from the 1800s LOL

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom