Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

I loved my 2012s. I think the upper on the 2012 is more suede-ish. Seems to be fuzzier and softer. The shape is way different.

20190504_211750.jpg

Over all so glad to see everyone get their pair or pairs of this release. This shoe takes me back to 1989-90 when I was young eating cereal with too much sugar that we all know as Wheaties. This is how I first knew and seen these shoes. I had the huge poster in my room with MJ wearing these when I was 10 and that will always be remembered. I will get my pair hopefully on weds. I hope everyone understands what a release like this means to so many of the older crowd. If not, thats cool. But to a lot of us guys in here, these are grails we thought we would either never get back, or have at all. Back then, in the late 80s early 90s this was never thought to be possible to obtain a shoe you missed on in this era. The 99 retro I never had due to me being fresh out of HS trying to find my way. Money wasnt there. But the love was. So knowing these are coming in a few days makes me incredibly nostalgic. Congrats guys. Enjoy them:pimp::pimp:

Over all so glad to see everyone get their pair or pairs of this release. This shoe takes me back to 1989-90 when I was young eating cereal with too much sugar that we all know as Wheaties. This is how I first knew and seen these shoes. I had the huge poster in my room with MJ wearing these when I was 10 and that will always be remembered. I will get my pair hopefully on weds. I hope everyone understands what a release like this means to so many of the older crowd. If not, thats cool. But to a lot of us guys in here, these are grails we thought we would either never get back, or have at all. Back then, in the late 80s early 90s this was never thought to be possible to obtain a shoe you missed on in this era. The 99 retro I never had due to me being fresh out of HS trying to find my way. Money wasnt there. But the love was. So knowing these are coming in a few days makes me incredibly nostalgic. Congrats guys. Enjoy them:pimp::pimp:
Good post.

giphy.gif

I see what you mean

dlwlrma the 2012 BC4, fire red and I think maybe some others are notorious for this really bad paint chipping problem on the midsole. Nothing normal or usual about it, but all the 4's in that specific era had this horrible flaw. They seemed to have fixed it though, all the recent pairs don't have the cracking issue.

As for the midsole foam drying out and cracking, yes these will too but it's a whole other issue with the paint itself.

see how the paint on these is just destroyed

camera6497287563597268949.jpeg
Ez fix

Had a more fun day than I needed day trying to lock down my pair.

Went 0-3 on the Apps yesterday (size 11 in Columbus with 7 minute head start). Grabbed a pair off of Size at 7:00 this morning with free international shipping and a 15% off code ($190 USD).

I couldn’t go to a store in person due to scheduling my son’s birthday party from 10:00 - 1:00 and I had to fly to Vegas at 4:00 so I had no option of trying to hit on unclaimed pairs.

Ended up hitting another pair on SNKRS after pending for 15 minutes, I also got my son his little kids pair.

Probably would have been freaking out on that 15 minute pending if I didn’t have the U.K. order.

Finally got into Vegas around 7:00 and staying on the strip. Would have checked out stores here if I was still looking. I originally thought it would have been way too late but after reading some of these posts I wonder if I could have copped here???

im.not complaining. aesthetically these are great save for the shape, which still doesn't slant at the right angle going from the ankle down to the midfoot, but I get that's nitpicky.

however, the upper cuts were alot thicker on the '12 release. these are hella thin and flimsy.

Anyone roc these yet? I wore mine for a little bit today and they are pinching my foot on the pinky toe side. Went TTS so can’t be a sizing issue. Literally feels like the material from the inside lining is pressing down on the edge. Anyone else feel that?

It’s the mudguard stitching

I had this problem but I think that maybe it’s going away

Dude I was literally about to write the same thing :lol:
Yeah what’s your status TT?
I spilled water on my laptop when i was trying to wash surprise fecal matter off my dog's face in my bathroom, now my keyboard is toast. I have no idea what my NT password is so my iphone is lurk only.

I managed to cop on snkrs, then tried the footsites and got blocked by one thing or another in the checkout process. I thought i copped like two more off of Nike.com but i guess it never happened. Im totally expecting the worst pair possible to show up on Tuesday since i seemingly only got the one pair. I'm fully prepared to do the ebay thing again. I should be excited about tuesday but im kind of dreading it. The portland trip probably wouldve been good to me but theres no way i could swing it right now. And the only remaining OG i need is the charcoal 7 and I dont think portland will be necessary for them so i can put that behind me i guess

no time for commas

I feel like theres no way the wing heights will be even on my pair when it shows up, for some reason its all im thinking about right now lol

Those ironed 4s look ridiculous bruh

You made them worse.

i honestly dont see the differnece... i dont even think its that serious to iron these like for what?? but whatever to each their own... if you bought these go ahead do whatever you want with your pair... once i get mines im a leave them as is... they look good for me and no need to change it

I spilled water on my laptop when i was trying to wash surprise fecal matter off my dog's face in my bathroom, now my keyboard is toast. I have no idea what my NT password is so my iphone is lurk only.

I managed to cop on snkrs, then tried the footsites and got blocked by one thing or another in the checkout process. I thought i copped like two more off of Nike.com but i guess it never happened. Im totally expecting the worst pair possible to show up on Tuesday since i seemingly only got the one pair. I'm fully prepared to do the ebay thing again. I should be excited about tuesday but im kind of dreading it. The portland trip probably wouldve been good to me but theres no way i could swing it right now. And the only remaining OG i need is the charcoal 7 and I dont think portland will be necessary for them so i can put that behind me i guess

no time for commas
Aye that sucks. But glad you scored on SNKRS. I sort of have the same concern about my pair from there today when it arrives. Reading the thread tonight I probably could’ve found another pair today here in LA had we ended up at the normal malls we frequent on weekends but my dumb *** decided today would be a good day to visit Beverly Center for the first time in two years for absolutely no reason. Only one big Footlocker there and I missed my size by literally three minutes. Oh well, I’m crossing my fingers LOL

Back
Top Bottom