Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

I had a really hard time ranking these.

Ultimately went 4, 6, 3, 5.

…but damn it was hard.

DBF82ED5-4EFE-4954-8BEE-651609C52EBC.jpeg
For me, it’s: 6, 3, 5, 4. Infareds are unbeatable to me unless a Jordan 11 enters the equation.

Putting the 4s at number one was the easy part.

Putting the Metallics in last place was the hard part.

What really makes me sad is the fact that I don’t own a single pair.

If I could just own one, I’d have an easier time sleeping at night.
Of the OG black-based playoff colors, I have no problem putting the metallic 5s far-down on the list because they don't have any red.

I feel like black and red is essential MJ-Bulls when it comes to a playoff shoe.

But I also like the black-white playoff 12 and 13.

I had a really hard time ranking these.

Ultimately went 4, 6, 3, 5.

…but damn it was hard.

DBF82ED5-4EFE-4954-8BEE-651609C52EBC.jpeg
Nothing is beating the 6 in this pic. The 4 is right there behind it though. BM 5s do nothing for me at all. I cant explain it. lol. Only playoff pair I do not have in collection.

3 changed everything with the air bubble. Goes with anything. So comfortable.
4 the shot. Amazing looking shoe. Stiffer than the 3.
5 with the fighter jet look and very comfortable.
The 6 is like a boot compared to the other 3. Doesn’t fit as naturally. It looks cool but is pretty monochromatic. First chip though.

One things for sure, they’re all a 10/10 regardless. Each is a staple in the Air Jordan line. I don’t have BM 5’s in my collection sadly, really need em but ain’t paying those crazy prices .

Yeah man, save your money. This July, it'll be 6 years since they released. So they'll probably release them again, in the next year, or two.

Are these all for the personal? Also it doesn't cross your mind you might not get to wear them all due to age/crumbling?

That's what stresses me out the most; knowing shoes are rotting away, which is why I don't have doubles. No time to wear out any given pair before the next release, and doubles will ultimately become unwearable. Sometimes I end up with doubles when ensuring I hit on RD, but never keep them. Had doubles of WCs and BCs for that reason, but got rid of them.

For some it's more stressful feeling that a shoe they love and wear is getting beat up, and it gives them comfort knowing they have more on ice. I can respect that. For me the rotting away thought is more painful than the wearing out thought...heh.

That's what stresses me out the most; knowing shoes are rotting away, which is why I don't have doubles. No time to wear out any given pair before the next release, and doubles will ultimately become unwearable. Sometimes I end up with doubles when ensuring I hit on RD, but never keep them. Had doubles of WCs and BCs for that reason, but got rid of them.

For some it's more stressful feeling that a shoe they love and wear is getting beat up, and it gives them comfort knowing they have more on ice. I can respect that. For me the rotting away thought is more painful than the wearing out thought...heh.

Yeah same. I have so many shoes already I would never get to a 3rd or 4th pair of a retro. Shoot the one pair I wear still looks near new.

Only shoes I will make that exception for are Royal 1's and Silver Bullet 97's. Beyond that I will rather replace the shoe after I wear it out.

Are these all for the personal? Also it doesn't cross your mind you might not get to wear them all due to age/crumbling?
ill take my chances lol u should see all my concords but those due to how they are made will last a long time if these crumble eventually thats life still like having em i could sell all tmrw too right but i love them

Exactly why i love having more i mean it sucks knowing ur shoe is like 500$ and u dont have that second pair waiting so when im wearing my everyday breds wc or fire reds im more at ease

Back
Top Bottom