Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

We need toe boxes like this.....
j93m0x.jpg

Would someone please explain to me the gripe about the fours height in the collar and the toebox shape differences. Because I’m not seeing them

Getting really excited for the release as it's getting closer. Now that I got the VI release out of the way (grabbed 2 pairs of those as those are my #1 grail as I had the OG back in '91, in 8th grade). The IVs mean A LOT to me. It was the 1st true Air Jordan I got when I was a kid. Had Sky Jordan 1s when I was REALLY young but didn't really know what they were.

Mom took me to Dimmers (a mom and pop shop outside of Philly in Lansdale which carried all the heat AND discounted) to buy my new shoes for school. Went there for the sole purpose to get the Air Tech Challenge IIs in Hot Lava. They were $79.99. Mom asked if I wanted the Air Jordans (black/cement IVs) instead as they were only $89.99! No brainer.

Only condition, I had to take care of them. And I did. Cared for them like they were a child. Never wore in the rain, if the midsole got scratched, I used a sharpie to fill it back in. I remember being on the bus going home and seeing it about to rain. Had to figure a way to get inside without them getting wet. Loved them SO MUCH!!!
I'm ready for this release. Sold my DS 2012s on StockX last week and I'm ready for 2 pairs. 1st pair I get will be worn that day!!! I can't wait!!!

Guys the toe box will never be the same as the OGs because the machines Nike was using back in the 80s have been replaced many times over and they no longer have access to that technology.

Guys the toe box will never be the same as the OGs because the machines Nike was using back in the 80s have been replaced many times over and they no longer have access to that technology.
You sound like the scientist from nasa trying to explain why we’ve never “returned” to the moon “we lost the technology and it’s hard to rebuild it”. Do you not think they they can not replicate the shape honestly? Scroll up and look at the post from hoopresh on ig do you see what he can do. If he can do that NIKE can. And if they can’t then hire him!!

The last flight '89 release had the correct toe box. No idea why they don't do it with these...

The sad thing is that Jordan Brand won’t fix quality unless they have a reason too. They started losing ground to Adidas and had to make Jordans interesting again, hence the more accurate OG category releases and all of these collabs with boutiques and brands.

I hope these black cement 4s turn out as good as the infrared 6s, i refuse to buy release after release because they changed a small detail here and there.

Would someone please explain to me the gripe about the fours height in the collar and the toebox shape differences. Because I’m not seeing them

Here is some of what has continued to go on.
images.jpg

Jo7.jpg

Jo.jpg

Jo5.jpg

The toe box shape is gonna fall on deaf ears. That’s a pipe dream. I’m more concerned about the quality of Durabuck that’s gonna be used this go round.
Many said the same thing about NA ever returning.

JB still has a long way to go, we know that. It's about what you personally care about. I get the "stop complaining" crowd. Most are young kids, and I see their point. But I also know how off these retros are and how the only way we can even get a CHANCE for change is to keep pointing it out (because sales are not slipping).

To anyone who ever actually bought and handled the OG Jordan 2 through 5 (for example) you can see how these latest retros now are total boots. The latest black/cement 3s look like clown shoes on most people. They are not true to the OG on foot whatsoever. The latest black 5 that released a year or so back got rave reviews here for quality. Many aspects of it were great, yes. But the things were tanks. The toe box was massive, the shoe was padded to death and was way too high. It was a boot, and the OGs were not like that at all. JB is messin with these young kids minds on what they think that 5 on MJ really was. It wasn't this:

Foot-Locker-Air-Jordan-5-Retro-OG-Black-Metallic-Silver-2.jpg
metallic-nike-air-jordan-5-3_o4cye2.jpg

It was this:

MJ.jpg

Are we going to continue to just say, "that's the way it is, deal with it?" Or, because we are on a shoe forum, where we should be allowed to critique shoes we care about, are we going to keep pointing out the obvious flaws and maybe eventually get results? JB knows we will pay a premium for it. And I think there is still a chance OG molds happen.

Back
Top Bottom