Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

They’re not fixing the toebox. That’s it. We’re ****ed. Looks like I’ll be ironing a pair. That’s if they have the grey edging on the panels. I’m not gonna believe that the toebox will be any different from these

‘16 black metallic 5s can do no wrong. They got those right. You’d have to be on a pretty high horse to say that they didn’t. That retro was about as solid as it gets.
Not sure how old you are, but if you ever handled the OGs you would never make that statement. That aint high horse, that's just fax.

You said very well done. My man said can do no wrong and as solid as it can get.

Say what you will about the materials, the shape of the 2016 V was horrendous all around when you compare to OG.

He's over in the Infrared thread basically saying the same thing about those and trying to tell anyone who dares think they aren't the most amazing thing ever that they are in fact wrong :lol:
I didn't buy the '16 metallic Vs, either, and it's one of my favorite Jordans. Something about the way they did the tongue and the over-exaggerated ankle bumps makes them look just off enough to me that I wasn't dying for them like I should have been. When I see people wearing them now I do experience some mild regret, but it must not be that strong or I would just buy a pair now.

I get what both sides are saying here on the 2016 Black 5's. They were probably one of the best retros of that shoe, but at the same time the shape was still off enough I couldn't do it. But that being said, I see exactly why people bought it. The NA back on it and the super shiny tongue was gorgeous.

The banana boot toe on 3 4 and 5 have never been corrected
Is this banana toe?
CF97ACB3-8960-49D0-990F-654DAD330F8E.jpeg
the toe rand is the culprit. Come up higher than before. Same with the 4s. My shy pink 5s toe cap rand is visibly shorter
E6A4A8EB-821F-4096-A6C0-C33CD98776CE.jpeg

This thread isn’t about Jordan 5s.

If y’all want 89’s or 99’s go get them.

And remember sole swapping is not staying true.

Times change. The material is 2019 version of durabuck. The model has the same elements and the colors are in the right place and the right hue. It’s not a low top or anything. It’s not a high top. We good. All that other **** is whatever and something you need to move on from.

If you not gonna cop. Stay out the thread. And move on. Relive your glory days somewhere else

Or realize it is the same shoe and get you a pair. You won’t be looking down at your feet saying oh man. That wing should be a cm higher.

It’s crazy no one wants all that sloppy tongue stitching back. But nit pick everything else. If you not gonna cop. Move out of the thread. Complaining isn’t going to change a shoe at the end of its production. Ruining it for the rest of us who are happy to get our grail show retro’d and have a fresh pair to wear

I’ve had the 99,worn the 99! and 2012 pairs. Won’t catch me complaining come May. Will cop my couple pair and beat them up good

Times change. The material is 2019 version of durabuck. The model has the same elements and the colors are in the right place and the right hue. It’s not a low top or anything. It’s not a high top. We good. All that other **** is whatever and something you need to move on from.

If you not gonna cop. Stay out the thread. And move on. Relive your glory days somewhere else

Or realize it is the same shoe and get you a pair. You won’t be looking down at your feet saying oh man. That wing should be a cm higher.

It’s crazy no one wants all that sloppy tongue stitching back. But nit pick everything else. If you not gonna cop. Move out of the thread. Complaining isn’t going to change a shoe at the end of its production. Ruining it for the rest of us who are happy to get our grail show retro’d and have a fresh pair to wear

I’ve had the 99,worn the 99! and 2012 pairs. Won’t catch me complaining come May. Will cop my couple pair and beat them up good

D4CBE1A5-769E-4B7B-8453-7BE330F4BBDE.gif

Is it allowed to be on the fence, wait for pics, say what I would like to see, what I would not? Or do I have to commit now?

It is not just the rand. The toebox is jacked up too on the 5s, but its problem is slightly different that the 3s and 4s. When you are comparing current models to the early 2000s pairs.

The Toe box is a tad little higher but what really throws off the 5s is that the sole curls up toward the toe, creating a banana shape.

So the entire flow of the shoe looks off. If the sole sat more flush with the ground it would help a lot.

And like I said, that is compared to the early 2000's 5s. The thing is that the 2000s 5s have more issues compared to the OGs that the 3s and 4s.

Comparing to the OGs in night and day. The 5s are just as butchered as the 3s and 4s now....
https://sneakerbardetroit.com/air-jordan-5-pre-grape-original-sample/

ongni5tllj7bygxtojzi_veevpu

air-jordan-5-pre-grape-original-sample.png

Listen, these threads are not only for people that want to gush over releases, and ignore JB's half assing.

Folk got every right to discuss the issues with releases. This is the proper outlet to discuss these issues. You stay complaining about dudes pointing out errors, and never want everyone one to criticize JB. Other people's words should not affect the satisfaction you get from a release anyway.

Also, it goes both ways, If you don't like these discussion that take place in every thread, how about you don't enter them, or just ignore the post. People don't have to moderate themselves just for you.

Had these pre ordered for months. I’m actually more excited for these than the 6’s because I had the ‘91 6’s when I was 10 and again in 2000 and 2014 and never once owned the bred 4.

Back
Top Bottom