Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

Raffles for a general release round here...what a shame right...def employees taking stock I agree 100% which equally makes this a "limited" shoe

15hours and counting till il have these in my hand. Alarm set for 3am. Erghh. Now to choose what to un-ds... Altitude's or HGG's..... Paint cracking prob gonna happen on them tudes if i dont rock soon im imaging. Love release days!

Champs around my way got on some brand new ish with these. Called Champs in Woodbridge to make sure they were holding the raffle as usual. They said yes. Get there at about 6:30. Dude says "Oh, we're done for the day. We only give out tickets until 6 p.m." First of all... What? Since when? I've been getting raffles there all year and never had them say anything about 6:00p.m. cutoff. I usually get there after 8p.m. Then, he says "Try back tomorrow. We'll open it back up in the morning." I ask if it's only until 6p.m. for Thursday too. He says yes. No way I can get there from work by then so I ask if I could come at opening or around lunch time. He says he's "not sure what time they're going to start." Again, WHAT?!! These are raffles, not guaranteed tickets. What difference does it make what time you pass them out? Why the mystery?

Go to Champs at Newport today, after they told me on the phone yesterday that the raffle tickets would be given out Wed. & Thurs. Turns out "whoever said that was wrong" because it was only on Wednesday, even though it's been Wed. & Thurs. for the past 4-5 releases.

Wouldn't have even wasted the time typing all of this if I didn't read ol' boy's Champs story a couple pages back. He reminded me how p'd off I've been with Champs the last couple days. Foot Locker & Footaction aren't perfect, but they came up with a company-wide way to do rafflles and they stick to it. No surprises. Champs could learn a thing or two.

/rant 

Last edited:
^^raffle for these
eyes.gif
 everyone around me and in most places are doing a fcfs or guaranteed tickets with the exception of HOH you must live in hypebeast central

Last edited:
easy pass for me
tired.gif
 my 09 pair still looking good
ohwell.gif
 i hardly wear my 8s because of the strap thingy
grin.gif

We got both around here. Stores in cities usually do FCFS. Stores in the mall or in neighborhoods that don't want people camping do raffles. I like it like that because I can get raffles on Wed/Thur and if I get a call on Friday, I know I'm good and can sleep in on Sat. morn. If I don't hit any raffles, I still have plenty of options for FCFS but that means I have to be up & out early Sat. morning.

Around here, raffles are kinda necessary. The hype on even GR Jordan/Lebron/Foamposite releases is like what some states only see on limited releases. FCFS at the wrong spots lead to people getting robbed, stabbed and beat up on line for Crimson Foams & Charcoal VII's. We don't usually get any FCFS for QS or limited releases anymore.

Secured my 10.5 at FTL.  My eyes are really set on those Lebron X Hazelnuts on July 6th tho... I gotta have those man..  Knowing my luck, they wont be in my hands.

These will go hard with a pair of green camo cargo pant or shorts.

Imo viii only look good with shorts or cargo/camo pant. Jeans are no no.

I always liked the colorful carpet on the tongue (no pun intended). Taking that away is like taking the 90's out of the shoe.

Roosevelt Field just tweeted that they are doing wristbands... Think that will be only for this weekend or is Nike completely ditching the RSVP? I know Heidi Burgett already said they're not doing away with RSVP, but just makes you think...

Wait hold up! These don't have the carpet on the tongue? Seriously, or are you guys effin with me? That's what makes an viii an viii besides the straps.

Hell I have the damn SOCKS from last release for all the 8s. They are even carpeted. Playoff, aqua, and orange blaze. If this is true this is a disgrace

I used to only do FCFS and just recently started raffles but I never did the wristbands or guaranteed tickets. How do they work? I know what guaranteed tickets are but dont get the difference between them and FCFS. Isn't it the same, just a FCFS for a wristband or guaranteed ticket instead of FCFS for the actual shoes? I never really understood how a line foe tickets/wristbands any different from a line for the actual shoes. What am I missing?

Wait hold up! These don't have the carpet on the tongue? Seriously, or are you guys effin with me? That's what makes an viii an viii besides the straps.
These have the same "carpeted" Jumpman logo on the tongue as they've always had. It was never "colorful" on the Playoff VIII. Always been black. Other Jordan VIIIs had more colorful "carpeted" Jumpman logos on the tongue.

Back
Top Bottom