AIr jordan XXXV first info.

FYI reseller culture is not cool and should not be accepted as such. Don't be afraid and don't hesitate to be vocal about that.
Every failed release people tip toe around this. Its easy to blame Nike but the blame falls on us and resellers.
Would we be notified?
If anything like the 34s notifications likely wont be sent out. There will hopefully be random restocks over the next couple months.

Not too bummed out. I was initially holding out for the Kyrie 7 until I saw this cw. Back to the original plan.

Maybe longer for me.
I remember in 2001 going to the mall one afternoon and ended up buying both the Bred and Royal 1's, just because they were sitting there. And in 2002 buying the Wizard 17's just because they had sat there so long they became dirt cheap. Fast forward 10 years and it was a completely different world. Fast forward 20 years to now and its a completely different universe.

Every failed release people tip toe around this. Its easy to blame Nike but the blame falls on us and resellers.

If anything like the 34s notifications likely wont be sent out. There will hopefully be random restocks over the next couple months.
I definitely don't think resell culture is cool. I just think amongst a majority of people though it is. Especially with the younger generation. The reason I will never pay resellers is because I'm just making things worse by doing so. I won't hate on them for making money. However, I'm not going to praise them and say it's cool. We the sheep have to be way better and not buy from them.

I remember in 2001 going to the mall one afternoon and ended up buying both the Bred and Royal 1's, just because they were sitting there. And in 2002 buying the Wizard 17's just because they had sat there so long they became dirt cheap. Fast forward 10 years and it was a completely different world. Fast forward 20 years to now and its a completely different universe.
It's actually worse now then it was after the 2011 Concord release. All the J's sold out back then and foams. But now, damn near every sneaker is selling out now.

Absolutely. I remember when the Concords first retro'd in 2000 I was able to pre order them from Foot Action if I had the gold membership card. That was in 2000. Nike could definitely do a direct to consumer pre order.
That don't sound like a bad idea at least you would be able to get all the releases that you want and reject the ones you don't want

Okay, here are a couple of CWs that are obviously fake, but I would not be surprised if JB possibly released a 35 with a similar CW in the future.

1603302450888.png

1603302486183.png

Can't be bothered paying over retail for these. Which rules the Dynasties out. Only colorway i can stand so far.

There's a Nike refund code burning a hole in my pocket........

You know the game has changed when you get an L on something You are trying to get as a consolation to getting L's on all of the retros. :emoji_angry:
:rofl:
So true, and so sad.
Is the hype train really that important? I'm fighting for every new release it seems. Just gets so tiring and frustrating...it's not fun like it used to be
It hasn't been fun for like 15 years
Maybe longer for me.
It's really fascinating to see what has happened in such a short period of time (really a year or less). And it's absolutely bizarre.

During the late 2000s/first half of the 2010s, I pretty much quit even trying to buy retro Jordans. It most definitely was not fun because of how difficult it was to get a pair, as mentioned. Combined with the worst stretch in Jordan history in terms of the quality of the shoes, it was an easy thing to just stop chasing and caring about. I just stuck with Kobes and other models, new and retro, that were for the most part pretty easy to buy at retail (or less).

I thought we were done with that **** when, starting in about 2015, suddenly it was relatively easy to get retros on release day. I recall Nike making it known it was pivoting away from limiting things as much, especially as it announced big goals in terms of revenue growth. And we've seen it with things like the 11 retros, for which you still have had to put in some effort due to that shoe's huge popularity and status, but each year the past few years, they've ramped up the numbers to the point where the black/reds last year were supposedly made to the tune of 2 million pairs.

The reseller culture has definitely exploded all of a sudden. But while I can believe it definitely is having an impact, I'm most curious to know what the production volumes are for a lot of these latest releases. Without knowing those numbers, it's difficult to attempt to analyze how popular these shoes really are, or what is REALLY going on right now in terms of all of this difficulty everyone is having when trying to buy. The situation with the AIr Raid retro comes to mind instantly. If we found out Nike was only cranking out 5,000 pairs (or less) of these models, it would change the perspective we have on the situation's root cause.

This recent shift has been SO MASSIVE, it's difficult for me to believe it can all be pinned on reselling. Christ, two years ago in Aug. 2018, I rocked up to the mall an hour early (for the first time in years) for the black-toe 13s. It was a ghost town even by the time the stores opened. Across the three or four stores in the mall that had them, I saw less than 20 people total buying them. Then here on NT, people were laughing about how no one cares about black-toe 13s and the release being a failure. Can you imagine what would happen if they hadn't released that shoe then, but did so now? It would be the absolute opposite.

Back
Top Bottom