All Things Sports Media Thread!!

ESPN shakes up struggling morning show 'Get Up!', reassigns Michelle Beadle

ESPN quietly reshuffled its struggling new morning show “Get Up!” on Friday, removing the polarizing Michelle Beadle from the program and rewarding her with a contract extension and an expanded role on the network’s NBA coverage.

“Get Up!” ‒ which premiered on April 2 after months of buildup ‒ has been mocked for dismal ratings and a lack of chemistry between co-hosts Mike Greenberg, former NBA star Jalen Rose and Beadle. The widely panned show struggles to reach 300,000 viewers on most days.

ESPN also announced that an hour of “Get Up!” would be sliced off, as the beleaguered show will now air from 8 to 10 a.m. after originally kicking off at 7 a.m.

Beadle will relocate from New York to Los Angeles to host “NBA Countdown."

Welp.

It's safe to say that Get Up was/is an unmitigated disaster.

Get Up is buns, but I do agree with the sentiment that some folks have had about how they should at least wait til football comes back to see what the ratings look like then.

Pat Mcafee leaving Barstool sports. he had a nice little following but felt disrespected by some of the business folks from the higher up.
would not be surprised if he lands on fox

How recent was this? Man how that **** even pop up like that...never would I just accidentally slip that word in any type of setting. I don’t think max is a racist, but this kinda shows where race is still is in America. Way behind
I don't even think he said it forreal, I think it just sounded like it

Dave Chang Podcast featuring David Choe and Bill Simmons is a very entertaining 2 hours that covers all kinds of stuff. Definitely worth the listen...

I listened to the podcast during my commute to and from work. Interesting to say the least.

The whole Greg breaking the news has to be a bit right. They knew what they were doing. Still hilarious.

NBA Hall of Famers, KD's MVP Potential, and Messi vs. Ronaldo With Steve Nash | The Bill Simmons Podcast (Ep. 416)
HBO and The Ringer's Bill Simmons sits down with Steve Nash to talk about his induction into the NBA Hall of Fame, spending time with the Golden State Warriors, MVP criteria, how to fix American soccer, Kylian Mbappé, Ronaldo vs. Messi, and Steve's new gig broadcasting Champions League soccer.

Listening to NBA Hall of Famers, KD's MVP Potential, and Messi vs. Ronaldo With Steve Nash | The Bill Simmons Podcast (Ep. 416) from The Bill Simmons Podcast. http://podbay.fm/show/1043699613/e/1537328036

Back
Top Bottom