All Things Sports Media Thread!!

I know this doesnt belong here but might be interesting to most and I dont know where else to post it :lol:

Here......

Or here

ThaxbyChamblis ThaxbyChamblis
seymore cake seymore cake

Deadspin.com is back for whatever that's worth...

Hilarious that the owners told them all to "stick to sports", then everyone quit, and the relaunch is half political stuff because they have no content. Also, the new Deadspin is trying way too hard. Feels like Barstool Sports....which can also go away forever.

barstool does what da deadspin tried to do, except they're good at it cuz their making a profit, and last time i checked worth over 450 mil.

The Ringer’s Bill Simmons is joined by Ryen Russillo to revisit the 1996 NBA draft, discuss the mid-'90s NBA subplots and some of the legends of the '96 draft class (4:00) before redrafting the top-14 lottery picks (44:30). Finally, Bill and Ryen answer some mailbag questions, make quarantine entertainment recommendations, and more (1:50:38).

The 1996 Re-Draftapalooza, Ray Allen vs. Allen Iverson, and Week 3 Quarantine Recs With Ryen Russillo | The Bill Simmons Podcast from The Bill Simmons Podcast | Podbay https://podbay.fm/podcast/1043699613/e/1585542630

They are doing each draft starting from 1996. This should be GOOD.

Hilarious that the owners told them all to "stick to sports", then everyone quit, and the relaunch is half political stuff because they have no content. Also, the new Deadspin is trying way too hard. Feels like Barstool Sports....which can also go away forever.
barstool does what da deadspin tried to do, except they're good at it cuz their making a profit, and last time i checked worth over 450 mil.
That's how I felt. It was like you lost your spot Deadspin. Barstool can go away and never come back, just based off content. The guys actually have a cool initial story.
But yeah money talks B.S walks especially now.

The Ringer’s Bill Simmons is joined by Joe House to revisit the 1997 NBA draft and discuss the gravitas of NCAA basketball, the lack of info on most draft prospects, the "Duncan Lottery," and more before redrafting the top 15 picks.

The 1997 Re-Draftapalooza: Duncan the Sure Thing, T-Mac the Sleeper, and Rick Pitino the Ruiner With Joe House | Book of Basketball 2.0 from Book of Basketball 2.0 | Podbay https://podbay.fm/podcast/1483525141/e/1585636200

that Last Dance bout to be da Quarantine Classic...bout to be da Scarface in Sports doc for a whole new generation.

Do people in here actually read stuff on Barstool? I only ever look at the viral videos and whatnot on IG and listen to Pardon My Take occasionally. Don't know if I've read more than 5 articles ever on their site since knowing about it.

Always kind of wondered how people take in their content.

The Ringer’s Bill Simmons is joined by Ryen Russillo to revisit the 1996 NBA draft, discuss the mid-'90s NBA subplots and some of the legends of the '96 draft class (4:00) before redrafting the top-14 lottery picks (44:30). Finally, Bill and Ryen answer some mailbag questions, make quarantine entertainment recommendations, and more (1:50:38).

The 1996 Re-Draftapalooza, Ray Allen vs. Allen Iverson, and Week 3 Quarantine Recs With Ryen Russillo | The Bill Simmons Podcast from The Bill Simmons Podcast | Podbay https://podbay.fm/podcast/1043699613/e/1585542630

They are doing each draft starting from 1996. This should be GOOD.
The Ringer’s Bill Simmons is joined by Joe House to revisit the 1997 NBA draft and discuss the gravitas of NCAA basketball, the lack of info on most draft prospects, the "Duncan Lottery," and more before redrafting the top 15 picks.

The 1997 Re-Draftapalooza: Duncan the Sure Thing, T-Mac the Sleeper, and Rick Pitino the Ruiner With Joe House | Book of Basketball 2.0 from Book of Basketball 2.0 | Podbay https://podbay.fm/podcast/1483525141/e/1585636200

they did 98 here

Do people in here actually read stuff on Barstool? I only ever look at the viral videos and whatnot on IG and listen to Pardon My Take occasionally. Don't know if I've read more than 5 articles ever on their site since knowing about it.

Always kind of wondered how people take in their content.

frat boys do numbers... that's how they got da credibility to expand to podcasts and da company worth 400 mill.

Really da genius was in da era of political correctness they would zag when everyone else was ziggin.

they cornered da market on catering to da old school sports bar dirty mouthed patrons that grew up as well as young kids that weren't used to da bimbo sports broads worshipping chic'.

Portnoy is gonna get Weinstein'd eventually. Only a matter of time. Hilarious when he got put in his place by a judge over the whole unionizing thing. He actually thought he was above the law.

Yeah, **** Portnoy and Barstool. Always. To think they were on ever on the level Deadspin , I could give a **** about their worth or what they're taking in. They are trash.

Back
Top Bottom