All Things Sports Media Thread!!

I was hoping that means we'd get that dweeb greenberg off tv but seems like he'd keep the show and get a new radio show. Only reason to watch is when Laura Rutledge, Maria Taylor, or Dianna Russini are hosting.

Mike Greenberg is just fascinating to me. Literally no one asks for the guy, the public barely knows who he is, and (like we said when it first happend) him hosting a morning TV show was as vanilla as possible - no one cares. And now they are moving him in new places again. All while paying him nearly 7 mil a year :lol: Hey whatever works.

Mike Greenberg is just fascinating to me. Literally no one asks for the guy, the public barely knows who he is, and (like we said when it first happend) him hosting a morning TV show was as vanilla as possible - no one cares. And now they are moving him in new places again. All while paying him nearly 7 mil a year :lol: Hey whatever works.

He's part of the Northwestern pipeline, which includes:

Rich Eisen
JA Adande
Rachel Nichols
Brent Musberger
Wilbon (if only he'd mention it every once in awhile to remind us)
Adam Schefter
Jon Heyman

And, of course, the immortal Britt McHenry. I wonder if the Medill School still claims her.

I've said this in the past, but Mike Greenberg is the definition of a "company man" and he's been at ESPN for a long time now.

That's why he has a high salary.

Greenberg was ok as the straight man to Golic on their radio show. Didn’t see his solo show but I can’t imagine him being able to carry it alone.

Some GOOD guests on Dan Dickau's podcast.
DsLee DsLee dmbrhs dmbrhs 206to813 206to813

Scorebook Live Today is a weekly podcast that covers the top high school sports stories across Washington state. Hosted by NBA vet and former Washington high school and college basketball standout Dan Dickau and SB Live reporter Andy Buhler.

Last edited:
Episode 14: Do Isaiah Thomas and Curtis have beef? Plus Greater Spokane League football preview by Scorebook Live Today | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Do YALL know anything about issues with IT and Curtis?

Dream Team Tapes podcast by Jack McCallum is coming soon. Jack has MJ saying on tape "I don’t want to play if Isiah Thomas is on the team.” :lol:

Episode 14: Do Isaiah Thomas and Curtis have beef? Plus Greater Spokane League football preview by Scorebook Live Today | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Do YALL know anything about issues with IT and Curtis?

Sorry for delayed response, the tag didn't come through to my messages. I'm really out of the loop when it comes to high school ball around here these days, but I did some digging. He doesn't claim Curtis because he didn't graduate from there. This clown said he never attended. Yes, he did. He scored 51 points in a state tournament game for them, against his future college teammate, Venoy Overton. IT's rep has taken some major hits recently because he seems like a very bitter person. Which leads me to my next gripe...

...I have issues with this bracket of best 21st century WA high school players. IT was voted (in an online poll, so whatever) the best high school player from Washington. It's indefensible. First of all, if we're talking strictly high school (not college or NBA), Adam Morrison losing to Zach LaVine in the Elite 8 is terrible. Morrison was a beast in high school. Just a monster. He lost to a stacked Franklin team in the state championship game in 2003 (led by Aaron Brooks, who could lay claim for punking B-Roy's Garfield teams over and over). I think Morrison scored, like, 30+ in that game. Also, if we're talking NBA careers, I don't care how short it was, Brandon Roy should have won this, hands down. B-Roy is the best homegrown basketball player since John Stockton.

Just my two cents.

caping ≠ describing reality.

https://awfulannouncing.com/2016/univision-gawker-bankruptcy-auction.html

meanwhile...

deadspin's parent company and a consortium of websites attached to them sold for a fraction of what barstool sports sold for this year...

but we gonna pretend Barstool don't hold weight?
:lol:

tenor (22).gif

Back
Top Bottom